• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
www.nintendo.com

Nintendo 64™ - Nintendo Switch Online - Nintendo Official Site

Get your fix of '90s nostalgia with classic Nintendo 64 games like Star Fox 64, Banjo Kazooie™, GoldenEye 007, and others with Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack.

store.nintendo.com

Nintendo 64 controller - Hardware - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Nintendo 64 controller and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

www.nintendo.com

SEGA Genesis™ – Nintendo Switch Online for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy SEGA Genesis™ – Nintendo Switch Online and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

store.nintendo.com

SEGA Genesis Control Pad for Switch - Hardware - Nintendo - Nintendo Official Site

Play the SEGA Genesis games available with the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership the way they're meant to be played--with a full-size SEGA Genesis style controller!

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Have they detailed upgrades at all? My family plan is paid through September 2023 so I'm curious what this looks like

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Have they detailed upgrades at all? My family plan is paid through September 2023 so I'm curious what this looks like
I upgraded recently from a single plan to a family plan, and they pro rated the difference to essentially renew at the family plan. Probably do something similar for the family plan.

Mit-

Oct 26, 2017
Was it possible to get the Japanese SNES pad when that came out? Would really like that Japanese Genesis pad.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nice - I was able to grab two of each of the controllers. Not sure I care about the enhanced subscription yet.

Playing Sonic Mania with a proper 3 Button Genesis controller is going to be nice. And I got the N64 controllers more as a novelty - They may be fun for shits and giggles for some games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and SSBU.

Heck... if enough people want to play Star Fox 64 online, I'll join the service - I'm disgustingly good at that game.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
When do the 64 games and new sub actually launch tho?

October 25, the same as the ship date for the controllers.

FBv16VHVgAU6Jtf.jpg

Got my order in for 1 N64. Can't wait to play OoT with that thing for the first time in a long time.

gameguy682

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I just happened to check and they were there. I bought 2 N64 controllers and a genesis one. If the N64 controllers came in different colors, I would at least buy 4, but as it stands any 4 player game will need to use other controllers.

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
I don't even remember how you are supposed to play with these controllers. I wonder if everything will come back to me once I hold it.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to need Wave Race 64 and 1080 Snowboarding before I bite. I feel like I can play these games elsewhere too easily.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
And it's a 3 button controller too. They can't be serious.
tbf they can't do the 6-button controller due to licensing agreements Sega has with Retro-Bit, but they should be cheaper to compensate.

In fact anyone pining for the Genesis repros should just get that unless you really have an affinity for the 3-button pad (or are a collector or whatever). It's much cheaper

Retro-Bit x SEGA® Collaboration - How will you play?

We are proud to work with the SEGA® in celebrating their deep roots in videogame history. Our partnership has brought back the look and feel of the original controllers while also bringing them to modern consoles via USB® and wireless models. Relive the controls that brought the arcade home...

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
tbf they can't do the 6-button controller due to licensing agreements Sega has with Retro-Bit, but they should be cheaper to compensate.

In fact anyone pining for the Genesis repros should just get that unless you really have an affinity for the 3-button pad (or are a collector or whatever). It's much cheaper

Retro-Bit x SEGA® Collaboration - How will you play?

We are proud to work with the SEGA® in celebrating their deep roots in videogame history. Our partnership has brought back the look and feel of the original controllers while also bringing them to modern consoles via USB® and wireless models. Relive the controls that brought the arcade home...
I'm tempted to get the translucent blue six button pad, but is it easy to pair and use on the Switch?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
People gonna be real confused when they see the date for Sin & Punishment on that website lmao

hiryu2015

Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting on mine to ship out, since today is the day they begin shipping them out.

Right now, it says Picked. Which I have no idea what this means.

I read on reddit that "picked" means your item has been separated from the rest of the stock and is ready to ship.

My order was in "picked" status yesterday and shipped today.