• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorcain

Oct 27, 2017
That's a hilarious commercial. I love that they don't show any on screen context for what they're doing, so they just seem to be suffering from some kind of fitness related madness.

Edit: I hope they let Switch Lite owners strap them to the loop thing or to the thigh strap for more hilarity.

offshore

Oct 27, 2017
UK
The consistent failure of actors involved in videos such as this not to think "hmm... will this look stupid on camera?" continues to astound me. lol.

Jun 23, 2019
it-looks-like-nintendo-is-working-on-a-wii-music-sequel-140083740693.gif

This will never not be funny lol.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
The consistent failure of actors involved in such videos like this not to think "hmm... will this look stupid on camera?" continues to astound me. lol.
some of y'all must have the strongest senses of shame

do you guys take yourselves this seriously? are you afraid of being goofy and having fun with your friends?

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Man I'm so happy that in this console generation at best the peripherals are made of cardboard. I got suckered in one too many times buying plastic junk that is still hogging all my closet space. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twenty times, I need to get a bigger house. Good thing modern games don't persuade me to buy more plastic cra

wk77e7g9gug21.jpg

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
The consistent failure of actors involved in such videos like this not to think "hmm... will this look stupid on camera?" continues to astound me. lol.
Would you really gonna turn down a pay day on the off chance someone recognizes you doing something stupid in a commercial?

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
If there is one word that describes Nintendo, it's "unpredictable."

They are unpredictable alright, but this thing was pretty predictable. It's obvious that Nintendo do not want to give up on motion control based party games, I was expecting Nintendo to come up even sillier ideas to revitalize the concept.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I was initially confused because a lot of what the people were doing was hardly exercise, lol, but SwitchFit makes sense.

Nintendo going for the throat this gen.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
This was Mystery game #4, and I'm glad it's still releasing this year. It's from the Labo team. Now ya'll see why when you asked if it was aimed at casuals or enthusiasts, I was a bit hesitant to answer that question. Supposedly it has really nice graphics (for a family game, that is)? The Labo team worked on it, but there's staff from other parts of EPD involved as well.

Here's what I wrote earlier this morning on this forum.

It's possible that Nintendo felt that the Direct wasn't the right time/right place to reveal this new IP. And I doubt The Game Awards - which appeals more to hardcore gaming enthusiasts - would be the smartest place to announce it either.

It's complicated. On paper, it features ideas and concepts that sound like it could appeal to most Nintendo fans. However, maybe the execution of those ideas/concepts could lean more casual? It's difficult to say who the target audience is without seeing the game.

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
I can't believe Nintendo vindictively shifted away resources from [YOUR FAVOURITE NICHE SERIES] to this.

How DARE them.

This was Mystery game #4, and I'm glad it's still releasing this year. It's from the Labo team. Now ya'll see why when you asked if it was aimed at casuals or enthusiasts, I was a bit hesitant to answer that question. Supposedly it has really nice graphics (for a family game, that is)? The Labo team worked on it, but there's staff from other parts of EPD involved as well.

Here's what I wrote earlier this morning on this forum.

Now this is interesting!

m051293

Oct 29, 2017
GTAV finally going down.

--

Nintendo's marketing for this kind of stuff in the Switch-era is interesting. Very compartmentalized - they never mixed Labo with the more core-oriented Directs and are now doing the same with this. Also notable that this was geared towards older audiences - don't think I saw any children participating and very few in the background.

We already know its some sort of interactive / fitness related app - really only the inevitably quirky name awaits. More focused/enthusiast audiences like the online communities will hone-in on the minutiae of what the associated software will present like, but the Wii Sports audience they are targeting is already ~50% sold too with this quick look - the other 50% is the catchy name.

May 31, 2019
Why does the video imply you must be wearing your dungarees while using this thing as a thighmaster and doing floor bicycle kicks? That sounds just awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.