• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Damn Rocketkiss got that perm. Thanos Snapped
AmusingViciousAmericankestrel-max-1mb.gif

We lost a Nakama
Tace looking for some clickbait with that MHA thread title lol
Lmao I couldn't resist

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
The more I look at Kaido the more I like it. Dude looks fucked up, super menacing.

Oct 25, 2017
Dr stone season 3 already announced Silfer Lotus i can get behind these shorter seasons. I actually kinda wonder if yaiba doing that. The season called the name of the arc although they guess they could change it mid way thru

Oct 25, 2017
Season 3 will be about building the ship, which also means building society. We're getting Ryusui too.
No idea if they'll cover Treasure Island.

OP
OP
Reyes
Disappointed he doesn't have any weird unique mechanics. I always pictured him with a Bege-like Doppelman who took damage for him.
V3 Blackbeard straight up looks annoying. A roundabout way of taking damage and profiting off it.
I saw he works with taking the shadows of fallen enemies and healing up.

He works great with VS Akainu and Magellan and Big Mom VS

Law

Oct 27, 2017
pv0jKFB.png

Interesting BB getting a dual unit using his two devil fruits as its swap ability

Yeah he looks good imo, now we need to see what he can do.

Now the last devil fruit we are waiting on is Yamato, won't use it on Kanjuro but Kan better hope Yamato dropped off Momonosuke or he is getting bonked

Sanji gonna have to appear soon to deal with someone soon
I'm honestly not too excited about Yamato also with Momo controlling his power better, it is possible that Yamato will gain a little more freedom, but I'd definitely like to see Sanji fight.

grand

Oct 25, 2017

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
so i started reading jujutsu yesterday and i already catched up to the anime.

so im gonna wait until tomorrow's episode to continue reading.

i still hate todou

Law

Oct 27, 2017
Wait for the White Multi colored Byakko :P

I'll always say Chopper is gonna be a Puppet
wow if that's his good power, it would change everything.
Sanji being somewhat french seems right as well.
he doesn't need to be french as long as he has the look and he can put an accent on it (if they want a french accent, it would be unexpected) it's enough.

Apzu

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Chopper, Brook and Franky are huge potential problems for a live action. But chopper is probably the worst, because he is in the crew early on and you can't change him that much. Also if they decide to go with a child actor, that would be a big problem. And it's not like OP could use the excuse that it take years to do all the story, because part of the story is that the SHs have been pirates for such a short time.

happy to eat the L if I'm wrong but One Piece live action won't be good.
I think it can be good if they are loosely based on it, like what MCU did. If they try and follow the source too much it'll probably be bad.

he doesn't need to be french as long as he has the look and he can put an accent on it (if they want a french accent, it would be unexpected) it's enough.
That's why I mentioned somewhat french, I agree he just only needs to look the part, but it's a nice detail eitherway. I'm not sure if he should have an accent though, mainly because of Germa. Unless they make Zeff french-y, then yeah, bring on the accent.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I think it can be good if they are loosely based on it, like what MCU did. If they try and follow the source too much it'll probably be bad.
It won't even be that. I'm already going to call that all the ridiculous powers of the show will just look awful. To me that part is just going to be a simple money/RoI thing. I dunno what the budget is but I feel quite safe assuming the budget isn't going to match what marvel spends on their shows just based on risk analysis.

Which leads us to you're going to try to sell a world as ridiculous as One Piece for way less money than Marvel spends on selling you stuff that is far less ridiculous in the big picture. Like think about it the most ridiculous Marvel thing Marvel succeeded at is probably the talking racoon and the tree saying the same sentence every time and that was how many movies in? With what kind of budget?

One Piece seems like a project doomed to fail to me. You'd probably have more success just reanimating the entire show.
Also this is Netflix we're talking about. They didn't make Death Note work and based on reports they are seriously fucking with Avatar. Really I see now reason how One Piece is somehow going to be the thing that is going to be good with that support structure.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the site listed the actors as such:

Luffy - Max Charles (17)
https://www.instagram.com/maxcharles1/

Zoro - Mackenyu (24)
https://www.instagram.com/mackenyu.1116/

Nami - Taylor Richardson (19)
https://www.instagram.com/misstaylorrichardson/

Usopp - (21)
https://www.instagram.com/marcusscribner/

Sanji - Alex Lange (20)
https://www.instagram.com/alexlange/
Only recognize Usopp as someone from Blackish. Idk about the rest but here's hoping. Still don't have any faith but the showrunner's interview from a while back makes it seem like there's passion behind this.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Only recognize Usopp as someone from Blackish. Idk about the rest but here's hoping. Still don't have any faith but the showrunner's interview from a while back makes it seem like there's passion behind this.
Warcraft had passion too a ton of it.
-------
Quick google gave 9-10 million dollar per episode for netflix One Piece(game of thrones level of funding). Falcon and the Winter Soldier is 25 million per episode.

Now straightfoward you'd think wow Game of Thrones level budget!!! But just take a moment to think and remember how GoT was spending that budget and what they were trying to sell in the end. Dragons were sparingly used until the ultimate finale when the show was already an ultra success and in the end GoT is still edgy fantasy most of the time effects wise a much easier sell than rubber pirate. So to me in the end One Piece is still trying to do something much more ambitious with the budget of early game of thrones(season 8 averaged 15 mil per episode).

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Question for those of you who are more in the know, what are the most pressing/urgent theories right now? I assume there are some, there are so many unanswered questions right now and I think it's a safe bet that people with large brains have spent some time coming up with answers for them

Not really sure there are any pressing ones right now? I mean obviously there's the mystery of "Oden" and if it's Hiyori or Toki that tended to the Scabbards, but outside of that nothing urgent really comes to mind.

Other stuff:

- Yamato being speculated to have a White Tiger DF

- Fukurokuju being absent for over 10 chapters hinting at him doing something Orochi related.

- Momo advancing his DF potential to the point where he can stop Kaido from letting Onigashima fall

- Sasaki is related to Kokoro

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
It did look a lot like the explosion that killed Pedro & it would be fitting if some of the samurai died like in many famous samurai films

But this is One Piece so there's no way he's dead. You basically have to disintegrate yourself like Pedro & Monet to be considered dead lol

What's this "who will die" theory though? I don't see anything on that spread which hints at Asura, Inu & Kiku being the ones to die.
The shade of their individual panel are slightly darker. Oden's too.

Law

Oct 27, 2017
It won't even be that. I'm already going to call that all the ridiculous powers of the show will just look awful. To me that part is just going to be a simple money/RoI thing. I dunno what the budget is but I feel quite safe assuming the budget isn't going to match what marvel spends on their shows just based on risk analysis.

Which leads us to you're going to try to sell a world as ridiculous as One Piece for way less money than Marvel spends on selling you stuff that is far less ridiculous in the big picture. Like think about it the most ridiculous Marvel thing Marvel succeeded at is probably the talking racoon and the tree saying the same sentence every time and that was how many movies in? With what kind of budget?

One Piece seems like a project doomed to fail to me. You'd probably have more success just reanimating the entire show.
Also this is Netflix we're talking about. They didn't make Death Note work and based on reports they are seriously fucking with Avatar. Really I see now reason how One Piece is somehow going to be the thing that is going to be good with that support structure.
100% agree with everything you said, but is One piece and for that reason alone I think I'm going to see this show.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
I'm genuinely hyped for the show. And I genuinely believe it could be good.
But even if it ends up being trash, I'll watch it anyway - Gotta do something during these break weeks.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Giraffes are awesome and the Kaku jokes are unwarranted. Those tall majestic creatures ❤️

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not trusting any casting leaks.

Just wait until Deadline or Variety drop the news. We'll probably get the official announcement within the next few months.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
honestly there is nothing to lose with the live action.

it either is "good" and we have a "new" one piece to follow

or is bad and we continue reading the manga and watching the anime.

dont know why are people so fixated to it sucking.

if 4kids dub didnt kill one piece, nothing will

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's not too late to call my uncle who works at Nintendo to stop this

honestly there is nothing to lose with the live action.

it either is "good" and we have a "new" one piece to follow

or is bad and we continue reading the manga and watching the anime.

dont know why are people so fixated to it sucking.

if 4kids dub didnt kill one piece, nothing will

No one said anything about One Piece being killed by this, it's just that it would simply suck to see an IP you like/love get a poor adaptation

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Sanji being somewhat french seems right as well.

Luffy is the problem here.
Hollywood was always going to cast a white kid. I still consider this a win overall

I do like that Marcus Scribner has now (allegedly) been casted to play 2 different cartoon marksmen whose casting was changed to be black for the new adaptation. A very weird & unintended type-casting lol

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I do like that Marcus Scribner has now (allegedly) been casted to play 2 different cartoon marksmen whose casting was changed to be black for the new adaptation. A very weird & unintended type-casting lol

I'm almost done binging She-Ra and this just hit me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.