• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Heyo2.gif

Thanks to DisturbedSwan, El Manco, mazi, Lelouch0612, DarkDetective and everyone else for their helpful contribution!

United Kingdom:

Week 21 - Retail (Ukie / GfK)

www.gamesindustry.biz

Spider-Man: Miles Morales keeps Biomutant from No.1 | UK Boxed Charts

A combination of retail discounting and new PS5 stock saw Spider-Man: Miles Morales return to the top of the UK boxed c…

Spider-Man: Miles Morales swings back to the top of the UK charts

PS5 launch title returns to the top of the UK all software entertainment charts

A combination of retail discounting and new PS5 stock saw Spider-Man: Miles Morales return to the top of the UK boxed charts last week.

It is the second time the game has topped the charts this year. The game was reduced to as low as £30 (PS4 version) at retailers last week, and as a result there was a 175% increase in the PS5 version of the game and a 104% increase in the PS4 version.

It means that the new game of the week, Biomutant, had to settle for second place. In terms of boxed sales, 71% was of the PS4 version, 28% for the Xbox One version and 1% for the PC version (of course, that make up will be very different once we get the digital data in).

It's a new-look Top Three, with The Last of Us: Part 2 shooting up to third place due to pricing activity. The game was available to buy from some retailers for as low as £10 last week. Other PS4 exclusives to jump into the charts after price discounting includes Ghost of Tsushima at No.17 (up 604% in sales) and God of War at No.37 (up 95%).

Another game that benefitted from some retail deals was Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, which rose 196% in sales and is now at No.5.

Resident Evil: Village dropped 35% in sales and fell from No.1 to No.4, Miitopia slipped 45% during its second week and drops to from No.2 to No.9, Mass Effect: Legendary Edition falls from No.3 to No.12 after a 47% sales drop, and New Pokémon Snap is down to No.16 after a 5% dip (again, all physical sales only).

Another new release in the charts is Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster, which debuts at No.13 (55% of sales on Nintendo Switch, 45% on PS4).

01 (04) MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN: MILES MORALES (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
02 (NE) BIOMUTANT (THQ NORDIC)
03 (RE) THE LAST OF US PART II (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
04 (01) RESIDENT EVIL VILLAGE (CAPCOM)
05 (16) ASSASSIN'S CREED VALHALLA (UBISOFT)
06 (05) ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS (NINTENDO)
07 (08) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
08 (13) FIFA 21 (EA SPORTS)
09 (02) MIITOPIA (NINTENDO)
10 (06) SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD + BOWSER'S FURY (NINTENDO)
11 (09) MINECRAFT (NINTENDO)
12 (03) MASS EFFECT: LEGENDARY EDITION (EA GAMES)
13 (NE) SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI III NOCTURNE HD REMASTER (SEGA)
14 (07) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (ROCKSTAR)
15 (12) CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS COLD WAR (ACTIVISION)
16 (10) NEW POKEMON SNAP (NINTENDO)
17 (RE) GHOST OF TSUSHIMA (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
18 (16) RING FIT ADVENTURE (NINTENDO)
19 (11) RUST (DEEP SILVER)
20 (36) MARVEL'S AVENGERS (SQUARE ENIX)
21 (33) DEMON'S SOULS (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
22 (15) NBA 2K21 (2K)
23 (23) POKEMON SWORD (NINTENDO)
24 (21) LEGO HARRY POTTER COLLECTION (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
25 (22) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
26 (14) SUBNAUTICA: BELOW ZERO (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
27 (20) JUST DANCE 2021 (UBISOFT)
28 (25) MINECRAFT DUNGEONS (MOJANG)
29 (18) RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 (ROCKSTAR)
30 (19) SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
31 (RE) CRASH BANDICOOT 4: IT'S ABOUT TIME (ACTIVISION)
32 (29) SUPER MARIO 3D ALL-STARS (NINTENDO)
33 (26) SUPER MARIO PARTY (NINTENDO)
34 (30) NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. U DELUXE (NINTENDO)
35 (28) WATCH DOGS: LEGION (UBISOFT)
36 (27) LUIGI'S MANSION 3 (NINTENDO)
37 (RE) GOD OF WAR (PLAYSTATION HITS)
38 (38) LEGO JURASSIC WORLD (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
39 (RE) 51 WORLDWIDE GAMES (NINTENDO)
40 (RE) MANEATER (DEEP SILVER)

Week 18, 2021
Week 19, 2021
Week 20, 2021
Week 21, 2021

V0NjZR6.png

France:
Week 20, 2021 - Individual Formats (Value)

01 (NE) [NSW] MIITOPIA (NINTENDO)
02 (02) [NSW] SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD + BOWSER'S FURY (NINTENDO)
03 (RE) [NSW] RING FIT ADVENTURE (NINTENDO)
04 (01) [PS4] RESIDENT EVIL VILLAGE (CAPCOM)
05 (04) [NSW] MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)

UJysQu3.png

Germany:
April - All Formats (Units)

game_Charts_2021-04_PCKonsole_DE-1086x1536.jpg

Note:

German game Sales Awards for April 2021:

Gold >100.000
[PS4/PS5/XBO/XSX|S/PC] Outriders (Square Enix) {2021.04.01} (NEW)
[PS4/XBO/PC] Snowrunner (Focus Home Interactive) {2020.04.28} (NEW)

7SOi6LN.png

Italy:
Individual Formats Retail (Units)

Week 20

topten_week_20_20210jkly.png

Switzerland:
All Formats (Units)

Week 21

screenshot2021-06-05at1kkf.png

se6Rz4O.png

Australia and New Zealand:
Week 20, 2021 - All Formats (Units)

yFJxN76.png

KJV7ZS1.png

Spain:

Week 19, 2021 - Individual Formats (Units)

Software

01. PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (ROCKSTAR)
02. PS4 MASS EFFECT: LEGENDARY EDITION (EA GAMES)
03. NSW SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD + BOWSER'S FURY (NINTENDO)
04. NSW MINECRAFT (NINTENDO)
05. NSW ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS (NINTENDO)
06. PS4 RESIDENT EVIL VILLAGE (CAPCOM)
07. NSW MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
08. NSW RING FIT ADVENTURE (NINTENDO)
09. PS5 RESIDENT EVIL VILLAGE (CAPCOM)
10. NSW NEW POKEMON SNAP (NINTENDO)

MASS EFFECT: LEGENDARY EDITION (EA GAMES) - 5.000

Hardware

NINTENDO SWITCH - 6.000
PLAYSTATION 4 - 1.500
XBOX SERIES - 900
PLAYSTATION 5 - 600

April 2021 - Individual Formats Retail (Units)[/B]

GSD

1. GRAND THEFT AUTO V (PS4) - 23.550
  2. SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD + BOWSER'S FURY (SWITCH) - 18.000
  3. ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS (SWITCH)
  4. MINECRAFT: NINTENDO SWITCH EDITION (SWITCH)
  5. FIFA 21 (PS4)
  6. MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (SWITCH)
  7. NEW POKEMON SNAP (SWITCH) - 9.900
  8. RING FIT ADVENTURE (SWITCH)
  9. MONSTER HUNTER RISE (SWITCH)
  10. FIFA 21 (SWITCH)
[/QUOTE]

PAL Charts - Week 17, 2021
PAL Charts - Week 18, 2021
PAL Charts - Week 19, 2021
PAL Charts - Week 20, 2021

Last edited:

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
Is it strange that so many Switch titles are in the Italian top 10? Thought Sony usually dominated there.

Germany rankings for Week 21, 2020

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Germany - Week 21, 2021
Physical retail sales only.

PC

1. Biomutant (NEW)
2. The Sims 4

PlayStation 5
1. Resident Evil: Village
2. Returnal

PlayStation 4
1. Biomutant // this game charted last week, but the official release date is this week
2. Grand Theft Auto V

Xbox Series X|S
1. Resident Evil: Village
2. It Takes Two

Xbox One
1. Biomutant // this game charted last week, but the official release date is this week
2. Mass Effect: Legendary Edition

Nintendo Switch
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
2. Miitopia

Nintendo 3DS
1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Germany - Week 20, 2021

Yep

Dec 14, 2017
Seems like Nintendo is expecting way more from D/P remake than from Legends

First Day France Day one shipment :
Double Pack - 10k
Diamond/Pearl - 700k
Legends - 200k

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like Nintendo is expecting way more from D/P remake than from Legends

First Day France Day one shipment :
Double Pack - 10k
Diamond/Pearl - 700k
Legends - 200k

Q4 Shipments >>> Q1 Shipments.

Legends initial shipment is similar to Nintendo's biggest non-Holiday games like Animal Crossing for example.

D1 shipments are always more confortable in Q4 because they need to cover the whole Holiday period. Restocks are tricky and costly at that moment of the year.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Pokémon BDSP shipments for France are huge. That's on par (maybe above?) what they shipped for Pokémon SwSh.

Lelouch0612 Do you have the day one shipment numbers for ACNH by any chance? I did a quick search but I couldn't find it.

Yep

Dec 14, 2017
Q4 Shipments >>> Q1 Shipments.

Legends initial shipment is similar to Nintendo's biggest non-Holiday games like Animal Crossing for example.

D1 shipments are always more confortable in Q4 because they need to cover the whole Holiday period. Restocks are tricky and costly at that moment of the year.

I see, thanks for the precision

Spain sales reports for Week 19, 20, 21 2021

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
elumVdB.png

Spain:
Week 19, 2021 - Individual Formats (Units)

Software

01. PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (ROCKSTAR)
02. PS4 MASS EFFECT: LEGENDARY EDITION (EA GAMES)
03. NSW SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD + BOWSER'S FURY (NINTENDO)
04. NSW MINECRAFT (NINTENDO)
05. NSW ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS (NINTENDO)
06. PS4 RESIDENT EVIL VILLAGE (CAPCOM)
08. NSW RING FIT ADVENTURE (NINTENDO)
09. PS5 RESIDENT EVIL VILLAGE (CAPCOM)
10. NSW NEW POKEMON SNAP (NINTENDO)

MASS EFFECT: LEGENDARY EDITION (EA GAMES) - 5.000

Hardware

NINTENDO SWITCH - 6.000
PLAYSTATION 4 - 1.500
XBOX SERIES - 900
PLAYSTATION 5 - 600

elumVdB.png

Spain:
Week 20, 2021 - Individual Formats (Units)

Software
01. NSW MIITOPIA (NINTENDO) - 5.000

02. PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (ROCKSTAR)
03. NSW SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD + BOWSER'S FURY (NINTENDO) - 3.000 / 120.000
04. NSW ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS (NINTENDO)
05. NSW MINECRAFT (NINTENDO)
06. NSW MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
07. PS4 NBA 2K21 (2K)
08. NSW JUST DANCE 2021 (UBISOFT)
09. NSW RING FIT ADVENTURE (NINTENDO)
10. PS5 MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN: MILES MORALES (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

Hardware
NINTENDO SWITCH - 4.000 / 120.000 cumulative in 2021
PLAYSTATION 4 -
XBOX SERIES - 1.000
PLAYSTATION 5 - 100

elumVdB.png

Spain:
Week 21, 2021 - Individual Formats (Units)

Software

01. PS4 FIFA 21 (EA SPORTS)
02. PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (ROCKSTAR)
03. PS4 BIOMUTANT (THQ NORDIC)
04. NSW CRASH BANDICOOT 4: IT'S ABOUT TIME (ACTIVISION)

05. NSW SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD + BOWSER'S FURY (NINTENDO)
06. NSW MINECRAFT (NINTENDO)
08. NSW ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS (NINTENDO)
09. NSW MIITOPIA (NINTENDO)
10. PS4 THE LAST OF US PART II (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

BIOMUTANT (THQ NORDIC) - 4.500

Hardware

PLAYSTATION 5 - 8.000 / 90.000 cumulative in 2021
NINTENDO SWITCH - 4.000 / 124.000 cumulative in 2021
PLAYSTATION 4 -
XBOX SERIES - 1.000

www.gamereactor.es

Ventas España: Xbox Series supera a PS5 por primera vez en 2021

La falta de stock sigue pasando factura a Sony en la semana del suave estreno de Mass Effect Legendary Edition.
www.gamereactor.es

Ventas España: Nintendo Switch va a un Mario 3DW por consola en 2021

Doblete de 120k con un estreno 'tranquiilo' para Miitopia en un mercado marcado por la falta de stock. Xbox Series vuelve a superar a PS5.
www.gamereactor.es

Ventas España: PS5 vuelve arriba 'doblando' a Switch

Vuelve el stock a las tiendas y vuelven las ventas mientras Biomutant mete el pie con mucha calma en el top de videojuegos de la semana 21.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Not bad at all for Crash 4 as a late retail release of late port. Probably between 3000 and 4500 units.

Activision really messed up with Crash 4 overall (pricing, platform, timing)

Yep

Dec 14, 2017
Did we know how much Crash 4 sold on PS4 and XOne in Spain initially?

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Next week should be interesting with all the new releases. Is Intergrade getting a retail release btw?

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Fifa 21 is such an awful game, we'll never get the variety of footy titles like we had in the the late 90's - early to mid 00's.

There needs to be far more competition, hopefully PES 2022 is a really big shake up for footy games in general, as EA aren't going to innovate any time soon.

Just a shame people lap it up.

Rappy

Oct 28, 2017
Returnal not even in the top 40 already? Ouch, that seems really poor.
PS5 only and all, but seeing something like Biomutant do better is a shame. You'd think their "best selling console with a healthy lead over Switch" would have its exclusive sell better. I can't say I'm surprised though. I was in once they showed the bullet hell/Nier kind of attacks/battles, but the marketing and reveal did not seem to do a good job on selling the game to people. Add in other factors like the protagonist, price tag, genre, and it was always an uphill battle.

I know, "just UK" (which people have a point because their market is fucking weird imo) but I feel like it dropped off hard in other regions. We'll see in a couple weeks.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 only and all, but seeing something like Biomutant do better is a shame. You'd think their "best selling console with a healthy lead over Switch" would have its exclusive sell better. I can't say I'm surprised though. I was in once they showed the bullet hell/Nier kind of attacks/battles, but the marketing and reveal did not seem to do a good job on selling the game to people. Add in other factors like the protagonist, price tag, genre, and it was always an uphill battle.

I know, "just UK" (which people have a point because their market is fucking weird imo) but I feel like it dropped off hard in other regions. We'll see in a couple weeks.
Very limited audience for this kind of game and its quite expensive - the PS5 could have a install base of 10m in UK already and Returnal would still be out of the Top 40 after a couple weeks.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

You realize PS5 is only ahead of Switch for the year right? Plus I don't think biomutant actual sold better than Returnal on Playstation. I'm so happy everyone is so invested in the success of Returnal though ;-).

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
Fifa 21 is such an awful game, we'll never get the variety of footy titles like we had in the the late 90's - early to mid 00's.

There needs to be far more competition, hopefully PES 2022 is a really big shake up for footy games in general, as EA aren't going to innovate any time soon.

The Euro is starting so people are interested in football.
Konami actually have the license for the Euro's but they are doing fuck all with it this year.

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017

It's a shame really but I guess the niche genre and high price were always going to be a recipe for bad sales. I haven't got it yet myself because I'm waiting for a price drop.

Will be interested to see how Ratchet sells, looks fantastic but I'm umming and ahhing a bit over the price again.

Rappy

Oct 28, 2017
You realize PS5 is only ahead of Switch for the year right? Plus I don't think biomutant actual sold better than Returnal on Playstation. I'm so happy everyone is so invested in the success of Returnal though ;-).
And? These are weekly sales charts. You would want a rush of exclusive software sales when you have a rush of console sales. The PS5 version of Miles Morales still seems to be charting. But of course, that's Spider-Man along with all the other reasons I stated why Returnal would sell less. And my point with Biomutant is that any version combined selling better than Returnal is a shame because in my opinion, Biomutant is incredibly mediocre and outright bad at times.

Maybe I'm completely wrong about the sales of Returnal and I hope I am. But I think it's fine to be critical about how well the game did sales-wise and still like the game. This happens with many games I like (including Returnal). Sony lists it as a "successful IP" but when they also include Days Gone/Dreams in that category, there's the possibility we won't see another game like it. Of course, Housemarque could also make something completely different while still being great.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
I'm surprised Knockout City even made the list in Italy, I saw some influencers showcasing it but it didn't seem the kind of game that would sell. Hope Biomutant can stay in the top 10 one more week.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021

Here's hoping the Unreal Engine does wonders for PES 2022. The lack of licensing has always killed the widespread appeal, but the gameplay has always been more refreshing than FIFA.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And? These are weekly sales charts. You would want a rush of exclusive software sales when you have a rush of console sales. The PS5 version of Miles Morales still seems to be charting. But of course, that's Spider-Man along with all the other reasons I stated why Returnal would sell less. And my point with Biomutant is that any version combined selling better than Returnal is a shame because in my opinion, Biomutant is incredibly mediocre and outright bad at times.

Maybe I'm completely wrong about the sales of Returnal and I hope I am. But I think it's fine to be critical about how well the game did sales-wise and still like the game. This happens with many games I like (including Returnal). Sony lists it as a "successful IP" but when they also include Days Gone/Dreams in that category, there's the possibility we won't see another game like it. Of course, Housemarque could also make something completely different while still being great.

And there are millions more Switches than there are PS5s and PS5's lead for the year is estimated to be less than 100K. People are rushing out and buying games like Spiderman, COD, FIFA and recently RE8. Those are mainstream games. Point me to the sales chart that is filled with bullet hell shooters or one where Housemarqe games charted for multiple weeks and then I will start handwringing over the sales of Returnal. Plenty of games don't get sequels whether they are successful or not sales wise. As long as the developer is still making games I'll be satisfied.

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
Full UK Chart - Week 22 2021

01 (08) FIFA 21 (EA SPORTS)
02 (06) ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS (NINTENDO)
03 (07) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
04 (01) MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN: MILES MORALES (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
05 (04) RESIDENT EVIL VILLAGE (CAPCOM)
06 (05) ASSASSIN'S CREED VALHALLA (UBISOFT)
07 (11) MINECRAFT (NINTENDO)
08 (03) THE LAST OF US PART II (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
09 (09) MIITOPIA (NINTENDO)
10 (10) SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD + BOWSER'S FURY (NINTENDO)
11 (17) GHOST OF TSUSHIMA (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
12 (NE) SNIPER: GHOST WARRIOR CONTRACTS 2 (CI GAMES)
13 (14) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (ROCKSTAR)
14 (12) MASS EFFECT: LEGENDARY EDITION (EA GAMES)
15 (20) MARVEL'S AVENGERS (SQUARE ENIX)
16 (02) BIOMUTANT (THQ NORDIC)
17 (16) NEW POKEMON SNAP (NINTENDO)
18 (23) POKEMON SWORD (NINTENDO)
19 (18) RING FIT ADVENTURE (NINTENDO)
20 (22) NBA 2K21 (2K)
21 (15) CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS COLD WAR (ACTIVISION)
22 (RE) FALLOUT 76 (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
23 (RE) FOOTBALL MANAGER 2021 (SEGA)
24 (35) WATCH DOGS: LEGION (UBISOFT)
25 (30) SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
26 (28) MINECRAFT DUNGEONS (MOJANG)
27 (19) RUST (DEEP SILVER)
28 (25) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
29 (24) LEGO HARRY POTTER COLLECTION (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
30 (26) SUBNAUTICA: BELOW ZERO (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
31 (32) SUPER MARIO 3D ALL-STARS (NINTENDO)
32 (RE) HITMAN III (SQUARE ENIX)
33 (34) NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. U DELUXE (NINTENDO)
34 (27) JUST DANCE 2021 (UBISOFT)
35 (36) LUIGI'S MANSION 3 (NINTENDO)
36 (38) LEGO JURASSIC WORLD (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
37 (33) SUPER MARIO PARTY (NINTENDO)
38 (RE) PGA TOUR 2K21 (2K)
39 (31) CRASH BANDICOOT 4: IT'S ABOUT TIME (ACTIVISION)
40 (37) GOD OF WAR (PLAYSTATION HITS)