• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
I really need to buy a new PC, but the 3000 series is going to have stock problems for quite some time. It sucks.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Check the filter applied to the list- it might be set to show only the locked achievements hiding your unlocked ones.
I found the issue. When you click "View Details" for a game, that page has a pane with 4 Achievements and you can scroll to find a MAX of 25, regardless of the game. If you then click where it says Achievements you get a page with all of them, and filters. Weird that the main page bothers to show them but caps at an arbitrary 25 for some reason.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I must have experienced the "Ozzy" error at least 5-6 times when playing Batman Arkham Origins.

Apparently its a common issue from all the threads and discussions when googling it for Batman Arkham Origins.

Thankfully didnt experience it during any time in the main campaign which I finished few days ago.

But at one point when I was in a predator mode in the Cold Cold Heart DLC - crashed at least 5-6 times.

Thankfully I tried something else....I tried from another angle in the area and picked off the thugs one at a time and...that actually prevented the error to occur so I was able to progress the game.....unbelievable lol.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure the GPU stock problems will never be sorted out. By the time there's more factories, whoops, even more tech needs those chips now.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
It's nice being able to play Forza Horizon again. I'm not looking forward to when it breaks again in a later Windows update.
Might be sorted by the time 4xxx series releases
Hopefully those will be decently priced like the 3000 series... And hopefully by then I'll be making what I was expecting to be when I graduated.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
I read somewhere there will be a directx 12 ultimate event for developers next week. Do we expect any new information from it?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I read somewhere there will be a directx 12 ultimate event for developers next week. Do we expect any new information from it?
Looks like we may see interesting info relating to DirectX12U and new GDK features (which is their SDK which supports both W10 and Xbox Series), certainly the agenda for the talks has some interesting tidbits. We should find out more about their DirectML upscaling too.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Friend and i finished Biped today and it is nice little coop game with for me really clunky movement mechanic. Main levels are easy so that clunky movement is not an issue, but bonus/advanced levels can be so frustrating because of that.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Good morning guys, I wanted to ask a question about wifi.

I bought an adapter and it has been working very well overall. But in the last week, every night around 6pm the connection becomes slow.
But not in the sense of speed, the tests are always close to the contracted speed, it is more like it was a delay to receive and send the information.
This has been happening religiously every night for the past few days.
I click on a website and it takes a long time to load the images, I try to update data in an online spreadsheet and it takes a long time to upload.

Here comes a strange detail: If I use wifi on my cell phone it doesn't happen.

Last night it was particularly bad and so I decided to turn off my usb wifi and use my cell phone to connect my pc over the home network and the speed was all working fine.

Any idea what it might be?

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Check what soundcard/mainboard you have and install the drivers for the speaker/sound chip. Some of them come with their own software where you can set the 7.1/2.1 stuff and more (like balancing between speakers, bass and so on ...).

And Windows 10 has quite some extensive but also very confusing sound settings when right-clicking the sound symbol on the info bar. Maybe there is something wrong. Also, be sure to connect your speakers to the right port on your board/sound card.

Thanks for the tips :) But but unfortunately nothing helped.. Speakers are Logitech G560 and I wrote about my problems on the Logitech subreddit and I got an answer from their support, but their tips didn't helped too.. well one worked, but the tip was to unninstall the Logitech drivers for the speakers and just let the Microsoft ones in the system ..
Which fine, it did set the speakers to 2.1 but now the official Logitech software for all their products doesn't recognize them and therefore I can't use any of the features of the speakers, like the most visible and most eyecandy one - projecting lights from the speakers on the walls behind them according to the colors displayed on the screen/monitor, which is a really nice immersive feature for movies and games.. so yeah, either you can use the product's features but it can totally fucked up sound in movies or games or you can have proper sound but without using the features which are the main selling point of the product and the reason why people are buying those speakers
Fantastic solution for the problem

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the tips :) But but unfortunately nothing helped.. Speakers are Logitech G560 and I wrote about my problems on the Logitech subreddit and I got an answer from their support, but their tips didn't helped too.. well one worked, but the tip was to unninstall the Logitech drivers for the speakers and just let the Microsoft ones in the system ..
Which fine, it did set the speakers to 2.1 but now the official Logitech software for all their products doesn't recognize them and therefore I can't use any of the features of the speakers, like the most visible and most eyecandy one - projecting lights from the speakers on the walls behind them according to the colors displayed on the screen/monitor, which is a really nice immersive feature for movies and games.. so yeah, either you can use the product's features but it can totally fucked up sound in movies or games or you can have proper sound but without using the features which are the main selling point of the product and the reason why people are buying those speakers
2 different friends of mine had audio issues (with different devices) after some windows update. One fixed it by rolling back to a previous windows update and the other by reinstalling windows. Somehow windows drivers were messing with the 3rd party ones (one was Razer and the other Creative). Though Idk if that helps in your case.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What a meme. For some reason I'm not logged into epic, and now I can't even login with my credentials.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
It's due to battery level. I find if it drops below ~25% it loves to shit the bed. Game turns into a slideshow, controller barely responsive, etc. Changing the batteries will fix it.
i know in my case that the battery is 100% not the issue. i have a play and charge kit and after playing it goes right back onto the charger. i can take my fully charged controller right now and start a game and ill see the issues within minutes.
The proprietary dongle doesn't have these issues so that's an option if you can find one somewhere.
looking into this now, thank you. i see (what looks to be) the official one on amazon for $40 with a bunch of knock offs for less than half the price. its probably asking for problems, but anyone have experience with the knock offs?

Eraser_Arcade

Oct 25, 2017
Good morning guys, I wanted to ask a question about wifi.

I bought an adapter and it has been working very well overall. But in the last week, every night around 6pm the connection becomes slow.
But not in the sense of speed, the tests are always close to the contracted speed, it is more like it was a delay to receive and send the information.
This has been happening religiously every night for the past few days.
I click on a website and it takes a long time to load the images, I try to update data in an online spreadsheet and it takes a long time to upload.

Here comes a strange detail: If I use wifi on my cell phone it doesn't happen.

Last night it was particularly bad and so I decided to turn off my usb wifi and use my cell phone to connect my pc over the home network and the speed was all working fine.

Any idea what it might be?
You are talking about a USB wifi adapter, correct? If so, it could be a driver issue. Try reinstalling, or looking for an update of the drivers for the wifi adapter.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Any worthwhile difference between the two Lost Planet games? I know one version has gwl , but does it have extra content?

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Just binged through RE7 this weekend. Was kind of surprised how similar it felt to the RE2 and RE3 remakes (which I have played), but just in first-person.

Makes sense being the same series and all, but with all the hoopla that series fans make about 3rd vs 1st person I honestly don't see that with recent games. In all honesty 1st person in RE7 definitely helped with the horror aspect of the series. Is the bigger issue the whole moving to a less over the top action formula 4-6 apparently escalated to? Will say I have only played the three games already mentioned, so probably should play the rest of the series at some point to get the full perspective.

Anyway ready for Village now, can't wait.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Just binged through RE7 this weekend. Was kind of surprised how similar it felt to the RE2 and RE3 remakes (which I have played), but just in first-person.

Makes sense being the same series and all, but with all the hoopla that series fans make about 3rd vs 1st person I honestly don't see that with recent games. In all honesty 1st person in RE7 definitely helped with the horror aspect of the series. Is the bigger issue the whole moving to a less over the top action formula 4-6 apparently escalated to? Will say I have only played the three games already mentioned, so probably should play the rest of the series at some point to get the full perspective.

How's the horror compared to 2? I wanna play RE7 but I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to horror stuff. I was fine with RE2 though, it wasn't too bad.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Bought Crysis 3 since it's on sale. Only played a little bit on ps3 a while back. Might pick up a couple of games on origin.
Handful of extra modes like time attack and boss rush, and a bunch of multiplayer stuff like extra maps, modes, weapons etc. If you're just looking to play through the campaign, get the regular version.
Thanks. That boss rush mode sounds appealing. 🤔

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
How's the horror compared to 2? I wanna play RE7 but I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to horror stuff. I was fine with RE2 though, it wasn't too bad.
Vastly more horror than 2 so I might stay away if I was you (others might have a different opinion though). Much stronger mixture of jump scares, gross-out gore scenes, and just general tension. Wasn't unnerved by RE2 and RE3's remakes at all, but RE7 definitely made me jump, wince, and have an elevated heart rate a fair amount.

If you've ever tried Alien: Isolation or any of the Outlasts and couldn't get through those, yeah would not mess with it.

Will say the worst horror is definitely front-loaded though. Last 30-40% or so isn't that bad if you can get through the rest.

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
Looks like the G560 has a 7.1 DTS:X ULTRA virtual surround sound mode even though it's only a 2.1 speaker. Maybe you can download Logitech Gaming Software (or the new G HUB software) and try to turn the virtual surround sound mode off?

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Vastly more horror than 2 so I might stay away if I was you (others might have a different opinion though). Much stronger mixture of jump scares, gross-out gore scenes, and just general tension. Wasn't unnerved by RE2 and RE3's remakes at all, but RE7 definitely made me jump, wince, and have an elevated heart rate a fair amount.

If you've ever tried Alien: Isolation or any of the Outlasts and couldn't get through those, yeah would not mess with it.

Will say the worst horror is definitely front-loaded though. Last 30-40% or so isn't that bad if you can get through the rest.
I found RE7 to be scarier/creepier. The fpv really adds to the immersion. Still, highly recommend it.
Cheers, thanks. I will still probably give it a go eventually.

1 gift from nded

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from nded nded!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

nded said:
header.jpg

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Styx: Master of Shadows - Won by Cels Cels (8 entries)

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still weird the Touryst didnt bother with a steam version.

Think it's probably the only non-MS game without one (and with them it's mainly old stuff).

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017

Aside from the action RE, all of them are extremely similar. Remake is even structural basically the same as RE2R, the only real difference is the perspective (as you reference with 1st and 3rd).

By the way, been a very busy time for me lately but I have been consistently playing Paradise Killer. Before I had won it I had bought a month of Ubisoft+ to play Immortals and Valhalla (don't play both of these games in 1 month, I basically couldn't do anything else with my free time). I'm like 10 hours in, just got the pyramid unlock.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Ori Will of the Wisps is such an amazing game. So beautiful too. Production values are sky high.

I think they could have improved the controls though. You have three action buttons, and LT pulls up the menu to select those. What that effectively means is you have one energy free attack, one energy based attack to do more damage, then several others share the last slot, such as blow and fireball which you need often for platforming, and healing. So I'll enter the menu to switch to heal, heal, enter menu to switch back to fireball, etc. Meanwhile the dpad sits idle. So put the heal button there! Also LT could be modifier instead of a menu opener, e.g. X and Y could be energy free attacks, and LT + X and LT + Y do energy based attacks, thus giving more options during combat which is a bit repetitive TBH.

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Aside from the action RE, all of them are extremely similar. Remake is even structural basically the same as RE2R, the only real difference is the perspective (as you reference with 1st and 3rd).

By the way, been a very busy time for me lately but I have been consistently playing Paradise Killer. Before I had won it I had bought a month of Ubisoft+ to play Immortals and Valhalla (don't play both of these games in 1 month, I basically couldn't do anything else with my free time). I'm like 10 hours in, just got the pyramid unlock.
Nice! Thanks for the update, glad you're chipping away at Paradise Killer. Truly a special little gem of a game.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Noticed in Outriders a good 40-50 percent have completed near the campaign / near it.

Which is really high for a 25+ hour game on PC, especially one that has clearly sold millions on Steam by now and has loads of tech issues.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Looks like the G560 has a 7.1 DTS:X ULTRA virtual surround sound mode even though it's only a 2.1 speaker. Maybe you can download Logitech Gaming Software (or the new G HUB software) and try to turn the virtual surround sound mode off?

Well I have the G HUB software installed, otherwise I couldn't control what the lights would be doing behind the speakers and that is the problem - when I uninstall the sound drivers from Logitech, then the Microsoft ones take control and I can use my speakers as 2.1 but then the Logitech software doesn't recognize my speakers and therefore I can't use any of the speakers features and control what can the light do, which are the main point why people are buying the speakers in the first place .. and still, the surround sound is off in the Logitech G Hub software, so that doesn't change anything.. in some games it doesn't create any problems with the sound, and in some like Metro Exodus it forced surround sound but in the audio settings I could atleast turned it off.. not such a option in CP77, so in there I basically hear only like half - at most - of the sounds that are around the player
But still, thanks for the tip :)

Shotterke

Prophet of Regret
Oct 31, 2017
Belgium
These new Sony prices really are helping with my impulse buying. Saw the latest Returnal info and it looks so good but that €80 pricetag just kills any hype for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.