• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

So will you...?

• I'm going to the cinema theatre during its opening weekend

Votes: 219 19.5%
  • I'm going to the cinema theatre sometime later

Votes: 104 9.2%
  • I'm going to watch on HBO Max

Votes: 670 59.6%
  • I'm not interested in watching Denis Villeneuve's ⊃∪∩⪽

Votes: 51 4.5%
  • I'm interested in watching Denis Villeneuve's ⊃∪∩⪽ but will wait for a VOD / BD release

Votes: 29 2.6%
  • I'm from Russia, France, Germany, or Italy, etc., already watched ⊃∪∩⪽ but I like to vote in polls

Votes: 42 3.7%
  • I'm from Australia or New Zealand... So I got till December to think 😭

Votes: 10 0.9%

• Total voters

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
HBO Max. Not even COVID related. It's hard for me to go to the theatres in the Fall with kids and lots of events happening.

Yeah. I want to go see it in theaters but it might be easier just throw on headphones and watch it on my TV due to lack of time. I might just get up early or stay up late one morning to watch it while my kid is asleep.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. I want to go see it in theaters but it might be easier just throw on headphones and watch it on my TV due to lack of time. I might just get up early or stay up late one morning to watch it while my kid is asleep.
btw Dune will have an early release on HBO Max, similar to The Suicide Squad, so it will be on Thursday October 21 at 6 PM E.T.... So I think 3 PM PT? (22:00 UTC in any case)

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
Germany here - didn't go to the theaters and I'll watch it at home via hbomax the day it releases (vpn servers are a nifty thing)

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
Just got home from watching it in the theatre (early screening). Definitely worth it in IMAX but man I wish I could pause for a bathroom break, the movie is a lot to take in in one 2 hours and 30 mins sitting.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Opening weekend imax here, in actually expecting to not like the movie, but DV's movies are always always gorgeous visually. Dune especially should lead to some incredible visuals.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
HBO Max first, can always see it again in the theater later if it's really all it's cracked up to be in that regard.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
dne6IEb.jpg

I'll be watching at the theater…in my house. I didn't buy/build all this shit to not watch Dune on it.

Oct 30, 2017
Already watched it in Europe in theatres.

First movie for me with a true Dolby Atmos experience + largest screen in my town = Fucking awesome.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
After I basically saw it via the trailer before bond, HBO max.

I fucking love that we live in an era of proper home theater tech.

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
HBO Max.

Going to get that pure cinema experience of watching/listening to it on my 55 inch tv and constantly adjusting the volume between whispering dialogue and explosive sound effects.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you're double vaccinated and masked, go see it in theater.

I'm EU based and already have three days booked.

Won't touch it on home media until blu-ray.
Glad WB is going back to theatrical model first with The Batman.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
I take it back, I don't have a nice sound system

But you do have an awesomely gigantic screen! Mine's only 115" due to room/speaker size constraints.

The sound system build was my midlife crisis project. Two 21" subs on 4K watts and DIYSG Titan XLs with 15"s for the LCR speakers. Took the better part of a year to build and tune, but totally worth it. It's all a matter of perspective. There are people on the AVS forum who would consider what I have to be a nice little starter system.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Large format, opening weekend.

Wouldn't want it to be any other way. Blade Runner 2049 looks amazing on my TV, but I'm glad the first time I saw it, that it was on a giant screen with an audience.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will watch on hbo max and depending if it's amazing and I sign up for the AMC pass, maybe both

SnipeyMcGee

Jul 1, 2020
Even vaccinated I am absolutely not going to go to a movie theater during COVID to watch a movie. I'll watch it from home on HBO Max.

Poeton

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'll be watching Dune with a few friends in the comfort of my own home

In the first half of the year I invested in a new 7.1 home theatre with the expectation that I won't be going to a movie theatre for awhile.

New receiver, new speakers, and the only things I kept from my old setup was my subwoofer and my 65" 4K tv which does Dolby Vision.

Blitzpwnage

Feb 11, 2018
I actually was fortunate enough to score some IMAX tickets for a 3:30pm showing on a Monday. Needless to say the seating arrangement was empty and I was able to select seats J9 and J10. 9 seats into the row each, 6 seat up in the rows of the main seating arrangement, smack dab in the middle.

I am so ready for this.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I work at a University with a Film School so we are watching it in the theater there but via HBO Max.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'm still working on my film review, but I'll say this: if you don't have access to an OLED panel, or something that delivers a comparably insane contrast ratio, you're not going to see the same film at your home that you will in theaters. Villeneuve seems to have intentionally built this film to favor insane contrast ratios, TV viewing be damned.

Does that mean it's worth rushing to theaters to see? I'm still sorting that out for my eventual Ars review.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I'll be paying extra to see this is in my local true imax regal theater despite having AMC A List. Can't wait.

It will have large imax scenes right?

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
HBO Max.

I have absolutely no interest in seeing a movie in a theater again.