• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017

New projects so maybe multiple games?

CRON1ty.jpg

No platforms explicitly confirmed yet but the PS logo is a big indicator that it's coming to at least PS4. That doesn't mean it's exclusive.

I don't have any inside information here (although I did hear from one source about this a little while ago who didn't know the platforms but thought a Switch release was likely), but the teaser just having a PlayStation logo doesn't mean it's PlayStation-exclusive.

In fact, it'd make a lot more sense for Nintendo to want to reserve Persona 5's Switch announcement for a Nintendo Direct, given how much success they had with the surprise reveal of Joker in Smash.

Official Staff Communication
Persona 5 R and what it entails as a whole is currently unknown. You can't portbeg a title(s) that aren't fully detailed on what platforms they will appear. Stop arguing with one another about this aspect and just discuss what you hope these title(s) are.

Regarding Mystic:
His information on it was verified by admins and myself.
Please wait until more information is officially revealed before being harsh.

Mod edit:

Official Staff Communication
This thread is not about the accuracy of previously leaked information by forum members, especially given the lack of info in the current announcement. Further derails in that direction will be actioned.

Last edited by a moderator:

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
Good. I've been thinking about playing it again (on my PS4 PS5). I will totally bite again.

So the PS5 announcement event will be in March then... (joking but not really).
----------

Also, man, Nintendo fans are really pushing hard for Switch ports. Everyone, relax, if something is not announced for the Switch, the world won't end.
"If it's PS4 only, I won't buy it."
"I hate Atlus."
People, c'mon...
Is the Switch not getting any games? Is there a drought or something? No need to be insist with every single post you make.

Last edited:

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
All this wait for a vague trailer and more information in 2+ months yay. Not planning on buying this anyway and spending another +100 hours unless it has some pretty substantial new content.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The original Switch rumor said it would be revealed alongside Joker's Smash release, so Smash makes sense.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Well that was nothing....maybe my own personal opinion but i don't get making a rerelease of Persona 5 exculsive to the PS4 when there's already Persona 5 on the PS4. At least with Golden and P3P they were on different consoles. Maybe if they expand it like FES

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
I know people's immediate reaction will be "PS ONLY LOL" but just remember this wouldn't be the first time stuff was announced for PS only to be announced for Switch later, i.e. Crystal Chronicles remaster.

But LOL at having to wait until March for any info.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This an update? Dlc? New game? I've only done the first dungeon so I think I'll wait for this.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
PlayStation Logo so PS4\Vita? Not surprised it's Atlus. Not sure why people were expecting a Switch exclusive in the first place.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
This could be a SMT4 --> SMTIV Apocalypse situation and as such be a new adventure within the same universe and not just a P4 -> P4G situation

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
If it comes out for PS4, they better have the extra content available as DLC for owners of the original game.

Octopop

Oct 27, 2017
What are the likely changes this will bring? Been thinking of getting P5 recently however now I'm not sure if I should just wait for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.