• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll buy for collection. Never opened my snes / Nes / neogeo mini. Just want to keep them all inbox. But' looks trash

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
please no one support this travesty. I do wonder how long before it's hacked and a lot of these issues are resolved though.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like it will drop in price shortly. I'd buy it just for the looks of it. I never cared about playing those games on a PS1 again.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
How can a great console get such a garbage mini system?

It seems obvious here that Sony just saw this as a quick cash grab after Nintendo finding success with their classic consoles (which are great systems).
Sony didn't even care about getting a good lineup for the mini, and then there is the butchered PAL versions of games and an inferior controller. Everything about this is so bad. The only thing that can save it is the hacking scene.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This is also 100 bucks. They should've put more effort with that price.

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
Disappointed

I wasn't too bothered at the lack of Crash & Spyro because I figured I could just mod them on, but it's the lack of analogue sticks that really put me off.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I had fun messing around with it personally, was more or less exactly what I expected it to be.

We've had fun cycling through the software, reliving lines like the "master of unlocking" and commentating with family and friends how far PlayStation has come. While you can play through all of the games in their entirety, it does feel like this product – similarly to its contemporaries – is banking on novelty. And as novelties go, if you grew up with a PSone like so many millions did, the PS Classic offers a fine trip down a poorly textured memory lane.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/11/hardware_review_ps_classic_-_a_nostalgic_nineties_novelty

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
This is such a poor product. What sucks is with it getting justly put down is Sony probably won't try to release a better one or make a PS2 classic.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So basically the lineup is iffy every game that's the pal version sucks and they're annoyed at the lack of DualShocks. However all ntsc games run well and the physical hardware looks great. So it's the perfect starting point of hacking. Also it'd probably be a few points higher if everything was the ntsc version

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So if Tekken has framerate issues, does that mean that this thing can't even handle Tom's well/ie it wouldn't be worth getting for the hacks?

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
FFS Sony. The model for doing this competently already exists with the NES/SNES classics. How do you fuck this up??

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Sounds like you're better getting a Raspberry Pi with an emulator, honestly.
Not really it sounds like all the ntsc games work well and the issue is the use of pal games. Plus this comes with legit ps1 bios which otherwise you'd have to buy a ps1 to legally get
So if Tekken has framerate issues, does that mean that this thing can't even handle Tom's well/ie it wouldn't be worth getting for the hacks?
No the issues stem from the use of the pal version, not the hardware. Nothing bad has been said about the performance of ntsc games

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Lame but in reality getting it for the looks, think I've played the Nintendo ones only hand full of times each.

shnitzel

Dec 3, 2017
Jesus christ, i wanted this so badly... But not like this. Let's hope that it will be a good emulation machine at least, so i can buy this mess at like 50 or so.