• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10119

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2021
Would be funny if in this universe Thor's hammer operates on the exact opposite logic.
If you are "Worthy" it zaps you if you try and touch it.
If you are a complete scumbag with 0 morals the hammer is as light as a feather.

Yet Kratos will just brute force it and pick it up anyway, forcing the hammer to acknowledge him and then spending the entire game fucking with Kratos at the worst possible times to remind him "We ain't a team" lol

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
So... I'm the only one thinking that Sony needs somehow improve their offerings for console owners? With these rumors that their PS5 games might went to PC in the near future I think it's quite strange that Sony might be treating PS5 as a "play easy and play first" type of product.

Maybe they're trying to go for the "more and better games" but that might take a while to take steam. An Game Pass equivalent could work, but we all know that isn't going to happen. 🤔
What about waiting first for official confirmation?
And what kind of 'offerings' would you like? Because i think they are doing just what they have to do? Release a competitive priced console, with a few innovations that makes it different from the competition: dualsense, psvr2.
And most important: games, first party and third party you post exclusively or first on ps. You have ps+ that is much better deal than similarly priced services, when more with instant collection on ps5, and you have their subscription service that is not GP but it's also relatively cheap and has a good catalogue.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah you guys are totally right...I should've been more clear, I meant things we haven't heard about yet possibly.
Oh its OK, I am just excited for a new GT game.

gtsmfcdf.gif

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see Bend officially announce they're working on something new, interesting to see what.

I was not into Days Gone at all, but I know a lot of people were so, selfishly, I don't think it's a loss, but I know everyone was worried about their future when they got put on The Last of Us Remake duty, before having that taken as well.

Ramping up is GOOOOD and cannot wait to see where it leads.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Nah I dont think so. I think it offers more flexiblity as is right now. And even then the PS5 is an extremely beefy offering. Its at least as capable as as 2060 - 2070 Nvida card. On top of the SSDs etc. Consoles have been by an large a device that you dont have to upgrade, and is dedicated to gaming vs PCs where you are constantly fiddling with cards etc. and spending thousands to get top tier stuff.
Yeah, I don't care if Sony puts all of their games on PC after a year or two. Hell, even if it was day 1 I wouldn't really mind. I'd still prefer to get it on console 9 times out of 10. And I own a decent mid-range PC.

PC is just too expensive to maintain high performance, and the amount of troubleshooting and tweaking required is a massive pain in the ass. I fucking hate it lol. And I'm generally more tech savvy than the average consumer. I saw a thread recently about Steam's refund policy, and every reply was basically "Well it takes me almost 2 hours to get a game running properly anyway!"

More casual players are just going to prefer the relatively straightforward and easy console experience, I think. Especially for newer/demanding games. I mean, if it weren't for the fact that I spend hundreds of hours on strategy games like Civ and Paradox's stuff (which I would not want to play on console), I wouldn't even bother with a gaming PC and just pick up an Xbox instead.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I don't care if Sony puts all of their games on PC after a year or two. Hell, even if it was day 1 I wouldn't really mind. I'd still prefer to get it on console 9 times out of 10. And I own a decent mid-range PC.

PC is just too expensive to maintain high performance, and the amount of troubleshooting and tweaking required is a massive pain in the ass. I fucking hate it lol. And I'm generally more tech savvy than the average consumer. I saw a thread recently about Steam's refund policy, and every reply was basically "Well it takes me almost 2 hours to get a game running properly anyway!"

More casual players are just going to prefer the relatively straightforward and easy console experience, I think. Especially for newer/demanding games. I mean, if it weren't for the fact that I spend hundreds of hours on strategy games like Civ and Paradox's stuff (which I would not want to play on console), I wouldn't even bother with a gaming PC and just pick up an Xbox instead.
Yep Consoles literally there is nothing that you need to fuck around with, I do enough of that being in front of a computer at work all day. I get some people have living room setups etc to game etc. But I'm good on all that lol. the Price to performance of consoles esp this round of them is exceptional. Its kind of insane how low a price they give them. Esp when you have the high end smartphones etc of the world charging at least 700+ etc.
and even right now a good PC to come close you are def spending In that range right now.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Looks like psvr without parole might have gleaned some more information about Horizon in vr. They were one of the first ones to break info from that VR presentation Sony did a few months ago, and are usually pretty trustworthy. Video should air in a couple of hours.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Anyway... Speaking of the PS5, I'm in a situation that I can't (still) make up my mind. I had posted about it a few months ago but I still haven't decided yet.

I already have money to get a PS5 here in Brazil, but I have some gift cards from a store that would help a lot in my plans to get a PS5 and an OLED TV in the near future. But the problem is that the store doesn't have a forecast of when they will receive new PS5 units, and my gift cards expire in early November. To make my situation "worse" another store here in the region will sell a new batch tomorrow (for delivery in early october)

So I have this options:

- Wait until late october to see if the store will receive new units, and if they do, buy the console from them (that would save me about R$1000).
- Wait until late october to see if the store will receive new units, and if they don't, spend those gift cards on some games and try to find the console one any other store.
- Try to buy the console tomorrow from the other store and spend the gift cards on some games.

Deleted member 62769

Jan 6, 2020
Looks like psvr without parole might have gleaned some more information about Horizon in vr. They were one of the first ones to break info from that VR presentation Sony did a few months ago, and are usually pretty trustworthy. Video should air in a couple of hours.

If Firesprite is doing the Horizon VR it would be awesome if they got to use Decima engine. Wouldn't even mind if they got to use Decima for their other games.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Anyway... Speaking of the PS5, I'm in a situation that I can't (still) make up my mind. I had posted about it a few months ago but I still haven't decided yet.

I already have money to get a PS5 here in Brazil, but I have some gift cards from a store that would help a lot in my plans to get a PS5 and an OLED TV in the near future. But the problem is that the store doesn't have a forecast of when they will receive new PS5 units, and my gift cards expire in early November. To make my situation "worse" another store here in the region will sell a new batch tomorrow (for delivery in early october)

So I have this options:

- Wait until late october to see if the store will receive new units, and if they do, buy the console from them (that would save me about R$1000).
- Wait until late october to see if the store will receive new units, and if they don't, spend those gift cards on some games and try to find the console one any other store.
- Try to buy the console tomorrow from the other store and spend the gift cards on some games.
Try and buy tomorrow, maybe use the giftcards towards a tv? But also it does seems like shipments are getting somewhat more frequent you could wait till The last min in October and see if they get some in. Thats so annoying that the gift cards Expire

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
So... I'm the only one thinking that Sony needs somehow improve their offerings for console owners? With these rumors that their PS5 games might went to PC in the near future I think it's quite strange that Sony might be treating PS5 as a "play easy and play first" type of product.

Maybe they're trying to go for the "more and better games" but that might take a while to take steam. An Game Pass equivalent could work, but we all know that isn't going to happen. 🤔
I dont think Sony needs to change anything even if the games come day 1 to PC. There are plenty of differences already between the two ecosystems which is why most 3rd party games sell more on consoles.

Jun 22, 2021
Ratchet and Returnal are both 2 great PS5 exclusives that came out this year.

Returnal, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, Resident Evil Village, Tales of Arise, apparently Deathloop is excellent, Aliens Fireteam Elite is underrated if you like Left 4 Dead style co-op shooters (not a "must play," certainly, but relatively cheap and fun), Hades, Psychonauts 2, Guilty Gear Strive and Scarlet Nexus.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll certainty put them on the list.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017

Horizon 2 for now (out of officially announced stuff).

Runner up is Spider-Man 2, with Starfield in 3rd. (God of War would be 4th, I guess)

Horizon was my favorite new IP since The Last of Us. Improvements so far look very promising.

Starfield would easily be #1 if I had confidence in that Bethesda team still, but Fallout 4 was such a letdown when I played it (quests were fucking terrible. Some of the random Miscellaneous quests in Skyrim weren't even as low effort/generic as many of the major faction quest lines in FO4) that I'm cautious about getting too hyped.

Yep Consoles literally there is nothing that you need to fuck around with, I do enough of that being in front of a computer at work all day. I get some people have living room setups etc to game etc. But I'm good on all that lol. the Price to performance of consoles esp this round of them is exceptional. Its kind of insane how low a price they give them. Esp when you have the high end smartphones etc of the world charging at least 700+ etc.
and even right now a good PC to come close you are def spending In that range right now.
Yeah, I spent a bit over $800 on a PC early 2020 (though State Farm paid for $500 of it because I had my old computer from college covered on a policy, and it died early on in wfh lol.)

My PS5 is much more powerful, with a vastly superior user experience for gaming.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017

I'm also gonna agree. I've been trying to save to get my first gaming PC and I recently realized that I'm gonna have to spend $1000+ to get a rig with specs to run games at a satisfying enough quality for me, which means I'll have to save for at least a year. So instead I'm just gonna stick with consoles until they become finically unviable for me in the far future; I might check out what the Steam Deck offers, though.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
10 game movies in the works
SPE has 10 projects in the works with PlayStation, he said, one of the first being Uncharted, based on a PlayStation game, and nine others in various stages of development.
deadline.com

SPE CEO Tony Vinciquerra On ‘Venom’ Move, Talent Deals, China; Says “There Are Probably Too Many Film Studios”

Tony Vinciquerra, Sony Pictures Entertainment CEO, said the decision to release 'Venom' early "demonstrates our confidence" moviegoing.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020

Wayfaerer

Oct 26, 2017

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017

deadline.com

SPE CEO Tony Vinciquerra On ‘Venom’ Move, Talent Deals, China; Says “There Are Probably Too Many Film Studios”

Tony Vinciquerra, Sony Pictures Entertainment CEO, said the decision to release 'Venom' early "demonstrates our confidence" moviegoing.
We know of 4 of them:
- Uncharted movie
- The Last of Us TV show
- Ghost of Tsushima movie
- Twisted Metal TV show

God of War is confirmed as not getting a movie or TV show.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
I hope the other shows have the same quality as TLoU show is getting. It's hard to match HBO but at least like FX or something

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the other shows have the same quality as TLoU show is getting. It's hard to match HBO but at least like FX or something

The amount of talent on TLoU is ridiculous. Everyone involved are major award winners and people whose movies and TV shows are highly regarded. Right now Peter Hoar is directing episodes of it, and he's coming off of directing It's a Sin, which sits at a 98% on Rotten Tomatoes.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
So I was wondering what are the must play games that have released this year(so far), I was wondering what games I should get. I've only played It takes two from this year, open to any kind of game and I do own a PS5.
I will echo Ratchet and Returnal. Two easy GOTY contenders for me. Hades too if you didn't already play it on Switch/PC.

Also, while I haven't played them yet, Scarlet Nexus and Tales of Arise look like excellent JRPGs.

Also Ikki Island for Ghost of Tsushima is excellent, with a PS5 native version of the game if you haven't played that yet. (Same for FF7R PS5 native version and new content).

KingK

Oct 27, 2017

deadline.com

Hope at least two are of some of their more whimsical ip.
Sly Cooper is one of them, I can feel it.

Big IP reboot with a new game and show. I am going to will it into existence lol. (Been replaying the Trilogy on Now. God I love Sly 2).

Jun 22, 2021
I will echo Ratchet and Returnal. Two easy GOTY contenders for me. Hades too if you didn't already play it on Switch/PC.

Also, while I haven't played them yet, Scarlet Nexus and Tales of Arise look like excellent JRPGs.

Also Ikki Island for Ghost of Tsushima is excellent, with a PS5 native version of the game if you haven't played that yet. (Same for FF7R PS5 native version and new content).

Cool thanks, definitely want to get back into Ghost. Also do I need to play the other tales game to understand Arise?

I'll check it out, do I need to play the original one first tho?

Status
Not open for further replies.