• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

1 year later, were you able to secure a PS5 or Series X?

• Yes, I bought a PS5

Votes: 1,172 37.1%
  • Yes, I bought a Series X or S

Votes: 425 13.5%
  • Yes, I bought both

Votes: 978 31.0%
  • No, but I've actively been trying

Votes: 105 3.3%
  • No, but I haven't really tried too hard

Votes: 259 8.2%
  • No, but I am not in the market to buy one

Votes: 219 6.9%

• Total voters

LetsEatSnacks

Oct 18, 2020
United States
We're approaching the 1 year anniversary of the new console generation and it is still prohibitively hard to purchase one without going through 3rd parties to do so. I'm just curious as to what percentage of people who use Era were actively able to get one now that we've reached this milestone!

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, PS5. December 2020 through Costco. Haven't used it in months....

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Got a Series X at launch.

Managed to get a PS5 in June thanks to Telegram bots notifying me of it being in stock.

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to get a ps5 and two series x on launch. Given some of the experiences folks have had on here trying to get a hold of either, I feel super lucky to have pulled it off in one go.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Got my PS5 at launch. Was also able to get one for my brother and father in law around the holidays, but those two took a LOT of effort.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Bought XSX at launch, and all 4 of my late order PS5s arrived by now (obviously I only kept one and gave away my other 3 orders to friends)

BlueJay

Oct 27, 2017
I got both within 6 months here in Toronto.

And I love them both, so, so, much. Amazing consoles, this generation is going to be great.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I got extremely lucky and managed to pre order a ps5 on shopto like 2 weeks before launch, I must have happened to look at the site right as they stuck a load of cancellations back up, I'd barely even looked for one before that

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I tried one or two times to get a PS5 to hawk it for extra cash but I haven't cared enough to really get my hands on one. So no, still don't have one.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Got both of them at launch, though the Series X was for my brother.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Got an S after getting tired of waiting for an X. Was actually up for quite a few PS5 drops, so could have gotten one quite easily.

I'm not made for this waiting game, gotta have to be lucky or wait 2023 or whenever this shit slows down.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Required some luck on Day 1. But diligence can get you either of them fairly easily now.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I got both at launch, but it was a fucking pain in the ass. It was totally worth it though. I couldn't imagine still trying to jump through all those hoops almost a year later and still coming up with nothing.

LoNe_eXiLe

Oct 25, 2017
My wife was able to secure me a PS5 as a Christmas surprise last year and recorded it. That video ended up going viral, so it was a "cool" consolation for not being able to procure an Xbox for myself. A year later, I still haven't been able to get my hands on the XSX.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 at launch, and I secured a Series X (Halo Infinite Limited Edition) last week, so I'll officially have both systems in November.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Got 4 PS5's at launch.

1 for my mancave
1 for my brother's kids
1 for my sister's kids
1 that was supposed to go in my bedroom but a friends friend really wanted it so I sold it to him

So damned happy I got em.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
Was able to preorder the Series X without any issues, perks of living in a place where people don't care about Xbox I guess (although it does seem that nowadays it's getting hard to grab one of those). I've yet to hunt for a PS5 but my cousin did and it took him months of waiting for drops by checking in on Whatsapp/Telegram groups, can't wait for my turn in that "game"...

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
One month of waiting after preordering in april, for a PS5. Gonna try my luck again soon to get a Series X because i'm fascinated by Forza Horizon but never had an XBox since the OG.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Got both at their respective US launch dates last year.

Honestly pure luck on both, too. Invite from Sony on the PS5; quite literally at the right place and the right time on a pre-order restock with the Series X at Best Buy.

I also managed to get an Amazon pre-order via a weird and shady backdoor link that was posted on this website the day that pre-orders went live; and Sony invited me to buy a 2nd one direct from them a few months ago. I've technically bought 3 PS5s under my name. I sold my two extras to friends at-cost.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Got a Series X at launch and very happy with it. Great console and my first Xbox since the 360 days.

Currently saving up for a PS5 Digital Edition. Hoping to get one before the year is up.

Mona-chan

Oct 31, 2017
Got my PS5 in the first preorder drop and at launch, Series S at the end of may. Series X halo edition is arriving in two months time.

I'm all set.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Both a PS5 and XSX. Was pretty relaxed about trying to find them and just happened upon both at the right time, right place online (Sony queue and Wal-Mart).

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Both.
PS5 is available officially here in Peru, so I bought it in retail.
Series X is not available officially here, so I had to buy a Japanese Series X through a local store that imported it.

Ended up paying about $800 something for each because that's how much they cost… 😢

Rabid-Coot

Oct 27, 2017
Got a PS5 from an amazon uk in may after 10 failed attempts to reach the checkout in that drop.