• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How hyped are you?

• A little hyped

Votes: 98 15.7%
  • A lot of hyped

Votes: 50 8.0%
  • WALNUUUUUTSSSSS

Votes: 222 35.5%
  • Hyped enough to eat this whole bag of walnuts

Votes: 63 10.1%
  • Hyped enough to bite this moose

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • Hyped enough to scramble a dozen eggs

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Hyped enough to be even more hyped, like, cyclical or something

Votes: 116 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
My first prediction for PS5 Pro:

CPU: 8c/16t max freq 4.0 GHz
GPU: 21.7 TF, 72CU, max freq 2300 MHz
RAM: 20-24 GB, 640 - 816 GB/s
SSD: 2 TB at 6.0 GB/s (raw)
Launch 2023 or 2024

Deathman

Oct 25, 2017
Well that was a massive let down. I really wanted to be excited but I genuinely can't. I hope their next info reveal isn't as long of a wait

ppn7

May 4, 2019
Yup, Cerny lied when he said downclock would be a few % at most.

It's marketing, it seems the tried to have the best OC just to say : look it's a >10TF, but in fact, we will see with 3rd party games how it will work against XSX, thanks to DF analysis and check if it possible to measure the frequency.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
so pretty much everyone was wrong on the specs for the system.... leaks said 8-9tf and also the 11-13tf

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Klee, @jschreier , @BGs , osiris, thanks for giving us false hope for over a year. lmao.
I don't really need to defend myself, and I think my track record speaks for itself, but everything I've been saying for two years about next-gen hardware has been consistent and proven out (or will prove out when the machines launch). For example: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ne...r-see-staff-post.159131/page-92#post-27509992

I even told you this morning what was going to happen today: https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1240257669568528384

Now going back to not posting in these next-gen threads anymore because you all keep taking what I say out of context and it is infuriating!

Ateron

Oct 30, 2017
Hurray for having inferior ports for the next 6 years straight. "they're close" they said. Depends on what close means. Disappointed, to say the least.

Mseditor

Banned
Nov 16, 2019
Lol, i am really disappointed, better be $400 machine, Microsoft just got it perfect and after on hour they will completely destroy ps5, imagine if series x priced at $400

Mr Robot

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So will spiderman for ps4 take advantage of the ps5's extra power at launch? that was going to be my only reason for buying one this year at least
there's a list of sony exclusives I haven't played yet because I assumed ps5 would have full ps4 bc at launch and running them with extra bells and whistles

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Well, the raw TF number initially seems like kind of a shame, but hopefully that tremendous clock speed and (if I understood correctly) the SSD I/O hardware taking a load off the main processors helps to at least partially make up the difference. And Boost Mode will be especially sick.

I'll probably never trust an insider again though 😁 Well, unless the aforementioned factors really do manage to close the gap, but that doesn't seem likely.

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019

We knew nothing, just quoted an official AMD document like monkeys :)

Props to you and Colbert for sticking to your guns. I've always said that 36 CU's was possible, regardless of Github or not. I'm curious whether you think a 2.23 GHZ variable clock speed was Sony's original plan or did they get surprised by MS's plans and decided they had to go for much higher clocks.

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
Well it's over. It was a deep dive, they weren't lying about that for sure.
SSD - awesome
CPU - awesome
GPU - that'll do, but nothing extraordinary
MEMORY - good
AUDIO - awesome

I am disappointed thate was no talk about features aimed at ML & image reconstruction capabilities and there was no mention of VRS either. So it seems they were either aiming too low from the start or Cerny was really held back by the requirement of back comp.

It seems to be a damn fine piece of hw, however, they'll need to set the price right. For 399 this will fly off the shelves. For anything above that, it'll have a tough time.

On an other note, I'm kind of puzzled why they chose to show this video to us. Clearly this was aimed at the dev community and not the general customers.

I know they were affraid it would leak, but I rather they didn't show us this video today. With no footage of games or tech demos, this was a classic example of "telling, not showing".

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Props to you and Colbert for sticking to your guns. I've always said that 36 CU's was possible, regardless of Github or not. I'm curious whether you think a 2.23 GHZ variable clock speed was Sony's original plan or did they get surprised by MS's plans and decided they had to go for much higher clocks.
The system was always meant to run hot.

haugh645

Jan 9, 2020
Alittle confused with ps5's ssd performing around 8 gbs vs xbox 4 gbs how much of a difference in real world will you actually see

d3ckard

Dec 7, 2017
Hey guys, just came to gloat ;) It seems I were wrong only with 20GBs RAM on XSX. I found it ridiculous how Cerny used boost clocks to get the number to double digits, pretty sure it will backfire. In general - Spencer is having a party tonight.

Myself, still buying PS5 when God of war 2 comes, but excitement is pretty much killed for me. Seems like a ball dropped, even BC and SSD extensions seem to be in not ready state by now.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
Github was the SuperDaE hack all along, omg. lol

So now it's tf vs SSD. Will be a wild battle.

Went from a big smile on the SSD part to huh on the cu, gpu, tf part.

If it's not quiet, it wasn't worth it.
Yeah, wow.

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm now hoping that DF or somebody is able to test what that means. Like does it keep those clocks 90% of the time, or 50%? Does it drop 5%? 10%? 20%? This is all super important for how developers are able to take advantage.........
I thought he explained this bit fairly clearly - it can't maintain the boost clocks if you hammer the 256bit (AVX?) instructions, otherwise it's fine.

CosmicBolt

Self-Requested Ban
Oct 28, 2017
10.3 TF console with High clock speeds, which mostly runs at max frequency and downclocks by frequency rather than power, 16 GB ram, ultra high speed SSD, man that SSD is amazing and impressive audio technology at 399$ is amazing.

Sony maximized performance to launch at 399$.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Lol GitHub was it, it just ended up being clocked higher than tested.

Cpu
8% faster xbox

Gpu
15% faster xbox

Ssd
2.3x faster ps5

Ram
Both have 16GB GDDR6

Xbox
10GB 576
6GB 336

PS5
Still unknown(?)

BC
Xbox
Every game works on xbox from day 1

PS5
Every game will work eventually, but expect the top 100 at launch(?)

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
now that the specs was released, I'm guessing Gamers Nexus will talk about their information regarding the cooling. 36CUs at 2GHz+ means that this shit is gonna get hot

Deleted member 10747

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol what a bunch of fluff like talk haha.. Nothing that they said got me excited, well not completely true but meh. Not a exciting system. SSD=Great... the audio stuff....nope.. and the rest also nope....

Overall, not a interesting system that i want to buy. Conclusion: skip and waiting for the Pro lol.....and if no Pro i can wait till it's in the 1xx euro region... lol

Team github you were right and i was wrong..... Did not expect Cerny to come with this kind of system......

Status
Not open for further replies.