• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Didn't make a Perfect Dark since 2005 and never made a Battletoads before 2020.

There's a new Xbox team in charge and just as we see with streaming services bringing back shows people are nostalgic for, we'll see Microsoft do the same. They just need to find the right opportunity with the right team, but I have no doubt Banjo will be back, just as Battletoads and Perfect Dark are.
Maybe you are right, but Microsoft has made me bitter over almost 20 years. They appear to only be reviving sufficiently violent games, Killer Instinct, Perfect Dark (second time), Battletoads, that's basically all the most combat oriented Rare IPs.

Oct 27, 2017
The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa,

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Pretty awesome so far

K0vmn3Z.jpg

iKitzX0.jpg

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Revengeance 2 and Deus Ex Adam Jensen 3 are my white whales.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 and Bayonetta 3 are a slightly lower tier of white whales, where technically they've been announced but I'm no longer confident they're actually going to come out.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Sequel to Astrobot Rescue mission thats both VR and non-VR support (perhaps some simulated VR aspects).

Shenmue 4, though realistically that may end up just being continued as an animated series.

F-Zero and legitimate Star Fox game that isn't forced to cater to motion controls or "second screen" stuff.

PlayStation Home with both VR support and non-VR mode.

A new game based on The Matrix series... MMO or SP.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I honestly think we get a Banjo this gen so I won't pick it. Killer Instinct as well.

Viva Pinata is the Rare series I think will never get another game but I would die for one.

Breath of Fire is another series I would love to see come back but probably never will.

Oct 27, 2017
Spyro the Dragon 4 and Crash Bandicoot 5. Activision isn't gonna keep all of their core studios on CoD forever, they certainly didn't do that with Beenox. Plus both Beenox and Toys for Bob are more than capable of working on more than one thing at a time. There's been speculation of Beenox working on Spyro 4.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
An actual sequel to Beyond Good and Evil is probably my ultimate white whale. 2, which may never even materialize, is a prequel for reasons I'm still not entirely sure about, so the story isn't even set to continue anyway even if it does release.

I guess the next one would be Sly 5, just because of the way 4 ended. I'm okay with franchises ending in general (that's life), but when the last game ends on a cliffhanger (like Psychonauts 1 did) then not getting a sequel stings that much more.

There are plenty of series that I would love to see a new entry for (Ape Escape!) but they're either not story heavy or they ended rather conclusively, so I'm okay with saying goodbye.

Apr 24, 2018
Terranigma getting some sort of release in the west, especially given the backing it has of some of the original staff for its 25th (?) Anniversary. Hey, since Seiken Densetsu 3 finally made it over, I'm not putting this out of the realm of being realistic -_- ; maybe it'll get similar treatment with both a port of the original and a remake!

Oct 27, 2017
Rayman 4/the 3rd 3D Rayman has to happen at some point, right?
Like they've got Davide Soliani sitting right there and he's the only person that I trust with Rayman who isn't named Michel Ancel.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Banjo-Threeie is honestly all I want now. I enjoyed Nuts & Bolts a lot, but my heart still yearns for a new 3D platformer after over 20 years. I'm thankful at least that we got to see Banjo & Kazooie show up in Smash Bros. recently, really feels like a miracle that it happened.

Otherwise a lot of my biggest desires have been fulfilled over time. This year has been crazy on revivals to me between the likes of Pokémon Snap and The World Ends With You.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
If we're talking about long to medium-shot sequels I don't think will ever happen - Okamiden getting an HD remaster so more people can play the sequel to Okami, Ape Escape 4 and an Ape Escape Remaster collection similar to the Spyro trilogy, and finally, Picross 3D Round 3!

lairo

May 28, 2020
Great, great answers in this thread. I'll add Chrono Something. Reboot, sequel, long lost sequel, I'll take anything as good as Trigger or Cross.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Jak & Daxter 4 or reboot - this iconic duo deserve another chance
Splinter Cell - make it like chaos theory or blacklist
Bloodborne sequel - what's wrong with you Sony? make this happen
Beyond Good & Evil - a direct sequel to the first game, not whatever Ubi is creating instead
Ape Escape - gotta catch em all
Okami VR - celestial brush mechanic would be a perfect fit
Spyro 4 - it's about time

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like HL3 is possible. We got Alex last year and they did say they'd love to make more half life

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Tomb Raider turned 25 this year, and the most notable thing Square Enix did with the franchise was release a fucking cookbook. At this point it might as well be dead - specially with Crystal Dynamics cursed with Avengers - and I will honestly be surprised when they announce something.

Like, it's the 25th year. No remaster, no collection, no ports... Baffling.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I'd still kill for a true sequel to Super Mario RPG. I've been dreaming of it since I was a kid. I enjoyed the first Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario/TTYD, but they aren't the same

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
I'd still kill for a true sequel to Super Mario RPG. I've been dreaming of it since I was a kid. I enjoyed the first Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario/TTYD, but they aren't the same

Yeah, i don't even think current square enix is capable of it

I'd b e happy with a links awakening makeover for the original though

Wetalo

Feb 9, 2018
I'm a huge Half - Life fan, and Alyx most definitely satisfied me, but that ending made me crave a follow - up.

I wasn't interested in a Spyro 4 till the Toys For Bob rumour came out. I guess I'd like one but the trilogy always felt super complete to me.

I started Psychonauts 2 the other day but haven't touched it much, waited 12 years for this game and I haven't been playing it. 😅