• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jun 5, 2018
I'm going to show my naivety on this one, hopefully if all goes to plan I shouldn't finally gain access to a ps5 in the not to distant future, I recall being a bit confused with the different versions off ff7R regarding this, I know for example the free one given at one time with ps+ isn't comparable, so I was hoping someone could shed some light for me on this once and for all, also do I need to buy anything to upgrade? And if so how much is it?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
No, once you get your PS5 you'll have an option to "buy" the upgrade for free when you insert your copy. Nothing you can do right now, but don't worry.

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
The only paid part is the new Yuffie DLC episode.

Did you buy the game on disc or digitally? Either way there will be an option to download the free PS5 upgrade.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Only two versions can't be upgraded to the PS5 version.

1. The free PS+ copy
2. The PS4 disc on a PS5 without a disc drive

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
I'm going to show my naivety on this one, hopefully if all goes to plan I shouldn't finally gain access to a ps5 in the not to distant future, I recall being a bit confused with the different versions off ff7R regarding this, I know for example the free one given at one time with ps+ isn't comparable, so I was hoping someone could shed some light for me on this once and for all, also do I need to buy anything to upgrade? And if so how much is it?

It was pretty much the same here as it was between PS3/4 with some games that offered a cheap upgrade. You'll just access the upgrade from the Playstation Store, easy to go the page from the game dash and you'll see the option under the versions. You just need to plop the disk in there to play as you normally would on PS4.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
Weird question does anyone know how much the Yuffie DLC costs in Aus?
it won't show me the price since I don't own FF7R 'just says you can't buy this' but I also can't find the pricing anywhere. Was thinking of grabbing a cheap used disc but curious how much the dlc is.

The psn store is such a mess, at least show me how much it would cost somewhere on the page if I could buy it.
Is the upgrade to the ps5 version still free? Seems to be $14 or is that to access the dlc as well?
psprices.com

Final Fantasy VII Remake Upgrade For PS4 Version Owners

Price drop in official PlayStation Store store for Final Fantasy VII Remake Upgrade For PS4 Version Owners

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
Weird question does anyone know how much the Yuffie DLC costs in Aus?
it won't show me the price since I don't own FF7R 'just says you can't buy this' but I also can't find the pricing anywhere. Was thinking of grabbing a cheap used disc but curious how much the dlc is.

The psn store is such a mess, at least show me how much it would cost somewhere on the page if I could buy it.
Is the upgrade to the ps5 version still free? Seems to be $14 or is that to access the dlc as well?
psprices.com

Final Fantasy VII Remake Upgrade For PS4 Version Owners

Price drop in official PlayStation Store store for Final Fantasy VII Remake Upgrade For PS4 Version Owners
PS5 update is free. The Yuffie DLC is $20 in the US so probably something comparable there.