• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
"Why are you laughing? That's so sad" might accidentally be the most concise description of RLM content I have ever heard.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
OMG the moment when Mike breaks and starts giggling like a child is a top 5 RLM moment. He so rarely let's his guard down like that it's amazing when it actually happens.

NR1

Oct 25, 2017
Dallas, TX
5BWSqzy.jpg

vuNcT4w.jpg

I got the crew over a RLM this personalized Jeffrey Combs autographed Laserdisc of Cyclone from a mail-in signing back in May through GalaxyCon. I'll be mailing it to them later this summer!

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
ashamed to say i laughed my ass off at some of those episode titles

fucking attitude era was the absolute weirdest shit

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to watching the Jerry Springer re:view. I too was a kid who would watch Jerry after school and knew how trashy it was even as a child. What amazes me is a lot of those episode titles are very similar to shows on TLC now or various subreddits. I could not find the "My Brother Killed 24 Children" episode. I have to know the reason.

They sent me an email saying that they're going to send the right movie and a box and shipping label, and to please give Alley Cat back.
I guess they can't make you, but I think they're not allowed to press any more of Alley Cat, so if enough people don't send it back then people who ordered it will be shit outta luck.

Yep same for me. I got my replacement the other day. I watched the "GetEven" cut and was mildly amused. It got REALLY cringe when John De Hart had a romantic scene with Pamela Jean Bryant and there are so many of them in the film. John De Hart's suit wardrobe also stood out as horrible for a guy who is supposed to be a lawyer. I would hate to have him show up to court in that shit to represent me.

The audio mix of the "Champagne and Bullets" is pretty bad. Music gets too loud, the dialogue at the beginning had too much bass. I got all the way to the Shimmy Slide scene on that cut and had to turn it off. Is that common when Vinegar Syndrome some of these more lesser known odd ball movies?

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I also remember when Jerry Springer wasn't a complete and total freak show. Not that it was classy at any point, but the first few years resembled other talk shows at the time.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finally got around to watching the Jerry Springer re:view. I too was a kid who would watch Jerry after school and knew how trashy it was even as a child. What amazes me is a lot of those episode titles are very similar to shows on TLC now or various subreddits. I could not find the "My Brother Killed 24 Children" episode. I have to know the reason.

Yep same for me. I got my replacement the other day. I watched the "GetEven" cut and was mildly amused. It got REALLY cringe when John De Hart had a romantic scene with Pamela Jean Bryant and there are so many of them in the film. John De Hart's suit wardrobe also stood out as horrible for a guy who is supposed to be a lawyer. I would hate to have him show up to court in that shit to represent me.

The audio mix of the "Champagne and Bullets" is pretty bad. Music gets too loud, the dialogue at the beginning had too much bass. I got all the way to the Shimmy Slide scene on that cut and had to turn it off. Is that common when Vinegar Syndrome some of these more lesser known odd ball movies?

Did they send an email about your second shipment?
I haven't heard anything about mine shipping.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
wtf thats pretty nuts. I didn't realize webshows were a part of the Emmys. That must be a recent addition or something.

the idea that all the old people that vote have to find out wtf Best of the Worst is and why it was nominated is pretty funny.

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck did that happen??

I would be really interested into a deep dive into how that happened. I don't take Mike or Jay as people to submit it, unless done ironically. Did they have to edit a reel to send in? I wonder if Jim (an emmy winner himself) or other former industry guests nominated them.

Half in the Bag and BotW HAVE to be the lowest budget thing ever nominated, right? Unless some weirdo public broadcast show got nominated in the past.

Does this nomination allow them to go to the actual event? I would love to see Mike, Jay and Rich there just for how awkward it would be.

I can't wait to see the video after they eventually lose.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wtf thats pretty nuts. I didn't realize webshows were a part of the Emmys. That must be a recent addition or something.

the idea that all the old people that vote have to find out wtf Best of the Worst is and why it was nominated is pretty funny.
They don't "have to" do their homework. There's the infamous story from the Oscars about how the judges always vote for the Disney movie in the Best Animated category, because it's the only one with a marketing budget and/or they remember hearing something about their kids going to see the movie, so it's the only movie on the list with any sort of name recognition for them. The judges didn't bother to watch any of the candidate movies before voting, not even the Disney one. They just really wanted to vote for La La Land so they guessed randomly on the rest of the multiple choice questions that they had no idea about.

Does this nomination allow them to go to the actual event? I would love to see Mike, Jay and Rich there just for how awkward it would be.

I can't wait to see the video after they eventually lose.
Lindsay Ellis (a Youtuber) got nominated for a Hugo award for her video on The Hobbit, so she went to the event and got to play around with George RR Martin (perpetually-stalled author of Game of Thrones).

I imagine RLM might not want to hang out with (checks list)... Conan O'Brien and Tevor Noah and Samantha Bee and Jimmy Kimmel and John Oliver and James Corden and Seth Meyers and Stephen Colbert and Bill Maher and Jimmy Fallon (and on an on), but they probably could if they wanted. Rich Evans might literally be able to say "Hi" to Ellen. Could be fun.

Edit:
Half in the Bag and BotW HAVE to be the lowest budget thing ever nominated, right? Unless some weirdo public broadcast show got nominated in the past.
The Antiques Roadshow is right next to Half in the Bag on the third image, and that's basically a zero-budget show on PBS.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Thats really wild.

Also they just posted on Patreon that their next half in the bag is a new British horror movie called Censor. They both recommend watching it but i guess the discussion is mostly spoilers so they put out a heads up to give it a watch beforehand if you don't want to be spoiled.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
I can't believe somebody actually made a Star Trek X-Men novel.

for some reason i have a memory of having seen that before on a bookshelf or something, and it was definitely before i cared about Star Trek and X-Men.

publication date for that book is 2012.

Amazon - Planet X: The Next Generation: Planet X (Star Trek: The Next Generation): Friedman, Michael Jan: 9781451691511: Books

Amazon - Planet X: The Next Generation: Planet X (Star Trek: The Next Generation): Friedman, Michael Jan: 9781451691511: Books

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
for some reason i have a memory of having seen that before on a bookshelf or something, and it was definitely before i cared about Star Trek and X-Men.

publication date for that book is 2012.

It's definitely older than that. The Marvel Logo is their 80s/90s one. Searching the isbn shows it's from 1998, which to me still seems too new haha

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I've read a few crossover comics like Ghostbusters/Transformers, Ghostbusters/Turtles, Power Rangers/Justice League and Star Trek/Doctor Who and while they're typically pretty stupid they're also pretty fun in a pretend you're a kid playing with different types of toys at the same time kind of way.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Me after watching Psycho Goreman to see Rich's "oh my god" scene:

Nah, actually it was a pretty good time. Stupid, but a good time.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
That ending was amazing 😂😂

Wheel episodes are the best when they just come up with insane back stories for the tapes and this one delivered