• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
In 1985 a strange thing started happening in Marvel comics, when villains would escape from superheroes they would shocking meet their end via exploding armor piecring bullets. It always happened in the last few panels of a comics

The Melter
520865-sc1.jpg

ubuvgH0.jpeg

Watch Dog
figure-21.jpg

The Bar with no name
EVb8LygWAAEbYhn

ca319_22a.jpg

They managed to catch "A" Scourge but he died before he can be questioned. (And nothing was heard from them again until Bucky became Scourge). Because it was just a plot device to cull the yard trash

Writer/editor Mark Gruenwald originally created the Scourge in 1985 as a plot device intended to thin the criminal population of the Marvel Universe, in particular eliminating those supervillain characters he deemed to be too minor, redundant, or ill-conceived

Gruenwald the GOAT, the OG pruner of variants
rcvsrmvnq4671.png

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I like when the Hood specifically brought back all of these dudes to be Punisher fodder during Dark Reign.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mark Gruenwald had his ashes spread into the printing of Squadron Supreme.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
This is such a lame idea. Cutting down stories is never the right move. Comics are richer when there's more stuff out there to play with.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is why i would go after the T-list villians. Like Typeface or Slyde

What about that dude that showed up in Spiderman cartoons a lot? He had a name but he was basically just a goon and the only remarkable thing about him was his head was really flat or really hard or really flat and hard.

Maybe you can take him out. 🤔

Ishmael

Oct 27, 2017
It's interesting that both Scourge and Suicide Squad came out around the same time period and they were both built around the idea that there were too many D-list villains around that could be used as story fodder. They were both successful in what they set out to do but neither idea would work today since comic book companies are now hoping that any loser character has the potential to become the next Groot.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I remember him from the US Agent mini series in the early 90s.

Also because dudes can't figure out if it's "SCURJ" or "SCORJE".

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I knew about Scourge, but didn't know the editorial part of why the Scourge stuff happened. It certainly makes sense.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Was there ever a villain who tried to give the whole world diarrhea at the same time?
Closes i can give you is a villain who's power is to summon feces from anywhere in the world . He used that power to have a powersuit that shot a never ending stream of shit