• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: image deleted. Archive here: https://archive.is/FTNet

So this is the site the Switch takes you to to play Control:

Tate

This is also on that website:

Tate

🤔

default.jpg

Looks like RE3 is also coming to Switch via streaming.

Last edited:

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense considering RE7 was one of the previous Japan only streaming titles

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, the Switch version of Control is by far the best experience I've had of cloud gaming to date and I've tried most of them!

Jqui

Jul 31, 2020
According to the metadata this pic has been uploaded for seven months so who knows when or if it'll actually be released

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Floodgates are open! At this point Nintendo should release a dummy console just to play those. Maybe for $40?

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Now you can expirence the disappointment that is RE3R.
Part of me still thinks the RE3 Remake we got was a nightmare and that we're still getting one on the level of RE2 any day now :')

Edit: And no I don't hate it, I gave it a 7 or so when it launched, but considering I played RE 2 to death and it's one of my favorite games ever along with REmake it was an huge disappointment.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Guarantee you'll be seeing Capcom touting that you can play RE1-8 on Switch soon (Even if 2, 3, 7, and Village are Cloud only)

JCADX

Oct 29, 2017
I´ve played xCloud and Stadia on many Android devices, and the Control Cloud Version was the best performance i´ve ever had on cloud gaming, only equaled by Stadia on an ethernet network in my home PC. And i played Control in handheld mode over a 2.3ghz wifi (which makes xCloud and Stadia difficult to play). Is like magic.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Didn't take long for the haters to come in, I see.

Anyway, on one level, that's cool. But my internet as is will never be able to stream gaming (and unfortunately, it doesn't seem I'll have any new options soon), and I would prefer a native version even though I know it would be gimped in the end just because the point of having this on Switch would be the ability to take it on the go. But if I ever got better internet in my area or moved to a place where it'd be viable, I'd buy that shit in a heartbeat.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Floodgates are open! At this point Nintendo should release a dummy console just to play those. Maybe for $40?
Ideally they'd want to have a console-like library of games before thinking about that. I'm also not sure why they'd release a streaming terminal instead of a TV-only Switch that could play all of the Switch software and not just the small number of streaming games.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Cloud version does nothing for me but cool for whoever wants it.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine the possibility of a Switch successor, where >=$70 AAA third parties are tied to WiFi and the game will no longer be accessible in one year.

Amazon, Microsoft, Sony, Google is going to regret trying.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I guess if this is better than nothing for Switch only owners who want to play it.

Not the way i would want to play (most) games but clearly I'm not the target market for this.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Meh, I tried Control in handheld and the hiccups made me wish these games will flop. It gives publishers excuses to make cloud versions instead of actually pitting proper resources and budgets on Switch games.

Cronogear

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious if these games will be available natively on Switch Pro/2, and as a cloud version on the base Switch.

Like if you were to go and buy a game designed for Switch Pro, it would also work as a license for the cloud version on a base Switch.

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
Meh, I tried Control in handheld and the hiccups made me wish these games will flop. It gives publishers excuses to make cloud versions instead of actually pitting proper resources and budgets on Switch games.
Harsh. Control on Switch simply isn't possible on the current hardware, so I am all for this.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
How much time and resources does it take to put a game onto Nintendo Cloud? A game like Control is never coming to the Switch otherwise, so it's better than nothing.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
These are games that could not run natively on Switch without significant compromises to performance and/or resolution. This is the publisher looking at a potential means of delivering the game on the platform.

Dance Inferno

Oct 29, 2017
Now you can expirence the disappointment that is RE3R.
Hey I really liked RE3R. Took me ~9 hours on my first playthrough and I feel like none of the areas really overstayed their welcome. It would have been nice if each section was 30-50% longer, but at the same time the game never drags and keeps things fresh the whole way through.

YuriLowell

Oct 26, 2017
Hey I really liked RE3R. Took me ~9 hours on my first playthrough and I feel like none of the areas really overstayed their welcome. It would have been nice if each section was 30-50% longer, but at the same time the game never drags and keeps things fresh the whole way through.
It's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination it's just disappointing compared to the masterpiece that is re2r.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Imagine the possibility of a Switch successor, where >=$70 AAA third parties are tied to WiFi and the game will no longer be accessible in one year.

Amazon, Microsoft, Sony, Google is going to regret trying.

?

Control just wouldn't be possible natively. I could kind of agree on RE, since I imagine RE7, 2R and 3R would be possible on the Switch. Yes, yes, Dusk Golem said it was "impossible," but he openly admitted to be ignorant of the technical side of things and those games would be far from "impossible" to make for Switch, but almost certainly it would take a lot of work to do that I doubt Capcom see as having a lot of potential to make back (and it's not like Capcom has put much effort into ports that are less challenging as is to be frank for the Switch). So, it's kind of like it's going to be either this or nothing, I imagine

Deleted member 56995

User requested account closure
Banned
May 24, 2019
We get it, you don't like cloud gaming. But complaining about Control of all games being cloud and not native is baffling tbh, considering it's literally impossible to port this game to Switch without making an entirely new game altogether.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You don't get the game at all if it weren't for the cloud. Don't be against options please.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
I'm totally in. Played Control in performance mode on Switch earlier and it was pretty much flawless. Keep em coming.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Control can't even run on PS4 and One without some hiccups. The Switch version is probably the best console version. lol
But... I can see RE3 downgraded to run on Switch hardware. Add some loading screens, I dunno.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
Its a shame they never supported RE3:R

I would have loved to see more costumes and weaponary.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I'll only start getting mad at cloud third-party games on Switch if third-parties start using the cloud to cop out of native Switch ports that would have been feasible like, say, Crash 4 for example.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I mean, they're likely doing cloud versions because those games simply can't run on the Switch. So it's either cloud versions of Control, Hitman III, & RE3R or nothing at all.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Awesome.
Like I said in the other thread, they should make a subscription service with these cloud games on it.
I'd pay it in a heartbeat.
Full price is a bit much considering if they decide to discontinue one day, you've bought a game you can't play,
but subscription makes a lot of sense.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Kinda, I don't think Mobile Data has enough stability to even launch the game.