• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I said this in another thread a week or so ago, but for anyone worried the game is rushed, it's been in development for around 2 and a half years now. It's not by the same team that made REmake 2, and the development's been going smoothly ( a LOT more smoothly than Remake 2's development went).
It isn't outsourced though right?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
This is where all the DMC5 DLC money went to. Hiring natalie portman as jill

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I said this in another thread a week or so ago, but for anyone worried the game is rushed, it's been in development for around 2 and a half years now. It's not by the same team that made REmake 2, and the development's been going smoothly ( a LOT more smoothly than Remake 2's development went).
What about us who liked REmake 2? Is it too different? Should we be worried?

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
Are RE characters like James Bond?

They look completely different every game and no one questions it

Last edited:

Village

Oct 25, 2017
That is a terrible redesign for Jill. Completely generic and she looks more like reboot Lara than Jill.

I hope the classic costume is in there -- and not like the weirdly botched "classic" Claire costume.
She looks like a cool woman going through an apocalyptic situation instead of a weird tube top and miniskirt

Oh boo hoo. How will we live with and let me check my notes here

Checks notes

Making her look cool and you get to see less leg. Worlds ending man

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
It isn't outsourced though right?
I'll answer this now, no it's not. A lot of people took a comment I said about a year ago to mean the game's outsourced, but I didn't say it was outsourced, I said it wasn't being made by the same team. Though I did say something incorrectly back then as I misunderstood something back then.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018

Hooray that's instantly lifted my mood!*

*That still doesn't change the fact Nemesis has a fucking nose 🤨

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like jills new design :(

It looks very different but I'm sure i will get used to it. Can't wait

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
*People saying Jill dosen't look like Jill because her design isn't her wearing barely on clothing*

Getting real tired of this argument.Jill deserved better then her awful 3 re design.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one hyped that Carlos might have a bigger role? 😬

Village

Oct 25, 2017
RE3 Remake leak > Black Widow trailer
off topic but that widow trailer seemed...boring as all hell. I mean natasha was never that interesting I thought that was ( outside of general moving making misogyny in how films get made) why she never got a film. And that uh, solidifies that

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Nemesis will mutate the first time and they'll have a little scene showing the nose pop off with a cartoon sound effect.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
Yea. The old Nemesis looked terrifying.
vuohlm4hzt2u1d4elian.png

That new design is just.... like wtf is this even:
icon0.png
Those teeth look like piano keys, what a terrible change. :/

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
What about us who liked REmake 2? Is it too different? Should we be worried?
I don't think you should be worried. Just expect it to not tread on REmake 2 too much and you'll be fine.

Okay, I'm going to lay-down a breadcrumb. There's some details I think people missed about Resistance and a leak involving Outbreakers that kinda' spelled things out (but many seemed to miss this), but one of the big motifs of REmake 3 was to make a game of "dynamic systems" and exploration. From what I know, though know this knowledge is old but probably hasn't changed, is they want the game to be kinda' a chaotic playground for various systems in the game, such as Nemesis, to work organically but also capture the feeling of an unpredictable town going down in flame. REmake 3 will be a lot more explorable than REmake 2 was and have more of a focus on making interesting gameplay scenarios happen in non-scripted ways, and giving the player lots of room to do things off the beaten path.

So it does have a little more action, you can do a few more things, but it's still focusing on being a survival-horror game, just a bit more of a dynamic one.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Shame it leaked like this, but I suppose Resident Evil had two killer reveals back to back anyway, and we knew this was coming.

I'm loving this no-bullshit Capcom.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm not really on board with Nemesis' new design with that nose and the large teeth. I think the original design was pure perfection.

Also going to miss Jill's original outfit.

But DAY FUCKING ONE.

KyouG

Oct 26, 2017
Nice to see Miguel from Tekken 7 found another job, and this dude

spla0021sn7.png

from Splatterhouse got his second gig too. Natalie Portman as Jill is looking mighty fine as well. This game will be GotY 2020.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
They got the chasing mechanic down well with Mr. X in RE2 so I expect them to perfect it with this one.

I'm talking having Nemesis actually destroy walls and entering save rooms.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
And I just picked up RE:2 last week for 15$ :P

Don't like what they have done with the characters again, but there is no pleasing me really.

Status
Not open for further replies.