• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please be good.

I preordered it anyway because i love the series but a nice 83% meta would be really cool.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Would be cool if it reached 80, but one thing for sure.. it's gonna be a flop and that's it for the franchise

OP
OP
Borowski

Borowski

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Would be cool if it reached 80, but one thing for sure.. it's gonna be a flop and that's it for the franchise

THQ's CEO said that 100k copies sold in the first few months would be enough for them

This is a low budget game. It doesn't need to sell 1M or more to be profitable

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Ooof one day before release? Well it WOULD be on a Monday, but I'd still prefer if embargo was lifted earlier.

JediEagle

Oct 17, 2018
Slovenia
I am keeping my preorder for collector's edition and hoping this game will at least be swimming in 7s :D 80+ would be nice too :)

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
hing for sure.. it's gonna be a flop and that's it for the franchise

No, Darksiders 3 is not a multimillion production, AA title, doesn't need to sell 1 million copies to be a success, Darksiders 3 will be fine.

76-80, i'd surprised if Darksiders 3 scores >85 or more.

Oct 27, 2017
For a supposedly low budget game, they didn't have any qualms about pricing it at $60. I think it would do much better at $40, especially coming after Black Friday and people already having bought big, AAA games at low prices.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Probably going to be the next Hitman. A good or even great game completely overshadowed in the current market by other games and poor marketing exposure

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
For a supposedly low budget game, they didn't have any qualms about pricing it at $60. I think it would do much better at $40, especially coming after Black Friday and people already having bought big, AAA games at low prices.

Darksiders 3 is THQ Nordic biggest title of course they are going to price the game at 60$, just like what Focus Home Entertainment is doing and did with CoC, Vampyr and other titles.
And tbf a lot of supposedly low budget titles, especially from Japan, are priced 60$ despite being low budget.

Last edited:

megathemiis

Oct 27, 2017
Really curious to see how this game will be received. I liked the first two games and I hope that Darksiders 3 is at least an equally good experience.

OP
OP
Borowski

Borowski

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Darksiders 3 is THQ Nordic biggest title of course they are going to price the game at 60$, just like what Focus Home Entertainment is doing and did with CoC, Vampyr and other titles.
And tbf a lot of supposedly low budget titles, especially from Japan, they are priced 60$ despite being low budget.

Nico is right

If everyone does it, i don't see a valid reason why THQ wouldn't

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also expect this to land in the 70s. I see multiple bonkers editions out there, but I somehow don't think that between this packed timeframe and the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales people will be rushing to buy a late sequel to a fairly niche saga to begin with. I kinda expect those lovely collectors' editions to be like 60-70% off in 6 months, and I'm ready to bite if that happens.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping it turns out well. Both Darksiders and Darksiders II were more than the sums of their parts.

Oct 27, 2017
Probably a 79, but i hope much more because minor games like these should be successful and a 79 is pretty bad for the general public, to convince people to buy it.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'am guessing it will get a high 70/low 80 metascore, it looks good but will have problems just like the other Darksiders games.

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I'm guessing 70-75, anything above that is a win in my book. I'm buying it either way, unless it's a complete disaster, since I love that franchise.

Acu

Jan 2, 2018
The story so far is half-assed just because of the aiming into making 4 games from the PoV of each Rider. Honestly, I think that is a cool idea but it has worked in detriment of their own, because the world, looks and ambience of these games is great. A good story should've been fitting but well...

I would not care if the story in DIII does not develop a single bit. Just gimme over-the-top cinematic moments and fast paced hack'n slash (or whip'n slash in this case) and I'll be good.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The story so far is half-assed just because of the aiming into making 4 games from the PoV of each Rider. Honestly, I think that is a cool idea but it has worked in detriment of their own, because the world, looks and ambience of these games is great. A good story should've been fitting but well...

I would not care if the story in DIII does not develop a single bit. Just gimme over-the-top cinematic moments and fast paced hack'n slash (or whip'n slash in this case) and I'll be good.
The story as a whole is lame but I think either of the games on their own are decently enjoyable, particularly the first.

Manipular

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Ugh, I feel terrible because I really want to support this franchise and ensure future installments, but I completely forgot this was releasing so soon. I probably won't be able to get it until at least Christmas.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Tbh the story's been stalled since Darksiders 1 ended. 2 story was a big nothing burger and 3 existing is a miracle.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
hah....i wonder how much truth there is to that but 100k should be no problem at all. ...this is strangely low.

THQ Nordic CEO words on Darksiders:

"Darksiders is a top product," he told MCV in an interview. "THQ spent $50 million making Darksiders 2. We can produce a product of the same quality but for a lower cost. $50 million is ridiculous. I can't afford that.
Wingefors said that many of the IPs that Nordic Games owns will generate only $50,000 a year, and while that might not be an amount that a big publisher like Electronic Arts cares about, Nordic has hundreds of IPs. "In a few years we'll have a few hundred more," he said. "It will add up to something much bigger."

"The THQ deal was the best I ever made," Wingerfors said. "I spent $5 million from my own bank account. It was a lot of money for me, but we got the money back very quickly."

There's nothing strange.

did 5 people make it in a basement in 1 year ?
40 people in 2 years

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Probably yeah. I was really interested in the game, but somehow it just disappeared. And then we had the latest trailer surprising me that the game is coming out so soon already. There is no marketing or buzz surrounding yhis game whatsoever.

Deleted member 41271

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Care metacritic score, game be good and I'll be happy. Waiting for reviews though - but for the text, not the scores.

OP
OP
Borowski

Borowski

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
I seriously don't know what to expect, to be honest

The latest trailer looked rad, especially in terms of gameplay, but reviewers these days seem to value graphics and details much more than that

Which makes me sad