• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am loving the output of Runeterra stuff from Riot. Arcane, LoR, Wild Rift, and their additional projects in the works. It's pretty great, and there are a lot of talented staff working on these projects at the company.

That said I don't know how their work culture situation is at present, and it's important to not turn a blind eye to past transgressions, especially if they are possibly still ongoing.

OP
OP
Majunior

Majunior

Jun 20, 2019
I wouldn't say they just realized they own one of the most popular franchises, they probably realized it at least a few years ago when they started putting all this universe expansion into motion. It's been cooking for a while. And I'm sure they aren't done either.

Riot culturally is pretty into its self and League in general in my experience, so I'm not really surprised they're going all out on this.
Yea, I know all of this was being worked on for years. I was sort of joking about how everything seemed to come at us at the same time.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
I'm waiting for them to develop some kind of AAA League of Legends themed action/adventure game(s) on PC/consoles.

DeadeyeNull

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 26, 2018
I'm not a moba guy, so I never had any interest in riot until project l was announced. but between runeterra, valorant, and arcane I'm definitely a fan now. I hope this trend continues

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The artistic direction of their games is completely unappealing to me, so I'm not interested in anything they do.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Arcane is interesting because it's furthering the idea that the only reason why anyone likes Jinx is because she's a hot girl in a bikini top with blue hair. She's the fucking worst.

And them making me feel that way about any of their characters AT ALL, is a rousing success on their part.

No I will not play League.

I may play that RPG that just came out.

Where is that fucking fighting game already?

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
Nothing they've released so far interests me, but I am curious about their MMO, whenever the hell it surfaces.

bluestuff

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary AB
I realized the other day that other the league (yay DOTA), I enjoy most of Riots current input. TFT and LOR our great mobile/pickup experiences. Valorant is one of the best shooter multiplayer experiences period. Very excited to see what else they have going on. For me they are at that former Blizzard/Valve level now of wanting to see what they will bring to the table.

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
If I could, I'd freeze myself and wake up on their MMO launch day. I have high hopes.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Personally quite excited for the fighting game. They have an amazing roster of characters to choose from.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
Legends of Runeterra is phenomenal. Never really got into LoL. Looking forward to whatever their non-LoL studios do next.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
I'm a fan of Riot's output lately. Arcane has been maybe the best program I've seen in years and the Runeterra world seems fantastically put together in a way that makes me curious about their MMO, despite generally not liking MMOs.

But the company has also had a very checkered past in regards to sexual misconduct. I haven't heard a peep about that in the last few years, but I'm wondering if that's just because Activision-Blizzard has been stealing those headlines. I'd really like to hear about the culture in their offices now and if anything's been done to address their past issues before I think well of them as a company.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
The Runeterra setting is great, but after they started retconning characters more than once I honestly just had to stop caring about any kind of expansion of the franchise. Glad they're finally doing stuff beyond League in general though.

Alcander

Oct 29, 2017
Are there details anywhere about what the MMO will be like? I don't really care that much for league universe stuff unfortunately, but I also really want to play WOW 2 basically (I know it won't be that, but I want some MMO with Blizzard level polish and design).

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Riot is doing what Blizzard should have been doing over a decade ago at the peak of their popularity. Instead they make a very mediocre live-action Warcraft movie and now everyone wants to stay far away from Blizzard as a brand.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Their MMO is led by Greg Street (Ghostcrawler), who was present at the Blizzard "Cosby suite." As far as I can tell, Riot has no intention of dropping him :I

Arcane is great though.
Damn, that was Ghostcrawler?
Even more disappointing, since he was the lead creative behind Vi and Jinx...

Ugh...

Edit: Disregard

Last edited:

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's honestly great. As someone that has been playing LoL for a long time, I have really grown attached to these characters. And just being able to experience these characters in other games or mediums is honestly amazing and I'm all for it.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Oct 17, 2018
I hope their MMO is PvX focused and not another generic PvE Themepark. So tired of everything being WoW or FF14 with a different skin.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Yeah, I guess that if you ignore all the sexism and toxic behavior, you can say they are doing great

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
I've been waiting on more news regarding Project L and I'm looking forward to CONV/RGENCE as Ekko is one my most favorite characters in League

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The League of Legends Universe is a lot cooler and more developed than it has any right to be, really. So I appreciate all these different things set in that universe because tbh the world is just cool as hell and super varied. Like someone could watch Arcane and play Ruined King and never realize they're set in the same world.

The MMO is going to be nuts.
they've been developing that universe for literally a decade.

universe.leagueoflegends.com

Universe of League of Legends

Welcome to Universe, the definitive source for the world of League of Legends.Here you’ll find a vast collection of art and artifacts, like bios chronicling the origins of your favorite champions and landscapes depicting the historic regions they hail from. It’s an evolving, multimedia archive...

I remember when they really started I was wondering why they were bothering. The vision is clear now.

They have an MCU of their own that people don't know about. Literally 100+ characters with deep backstories and interconnections with other characters that any number of games, shows, animation, or films could build off of. If they didn't add another piece of lore, they have enough interesting backstory to build games and films off for years.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
More accurate to say that Riot is what Activision-Blizzard is right now.
Maybe? My intent with the comparison was that Riot has all of these big workplace issues but they're still putting out lots of critically well received products so lots of people end up not caring about their problems, Activision-Blizzard would love to be able to drown their issues in positive reviews.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
i've never played a second of any Riot game but I've enjoyed their Arcane animated show on netflix, so good for them and I hope they release a game I can like playing

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
It always floors me what people are willing to overlook when it comes to media that they care about.
Yeah, that is, unfortunately, the case here. Is the anger towards Activision Blizzard just lip service?

This is what ResetEra feels like right now.

Toxic and sexist behavior at Activision Blizzard and allegations the CEO knew about it -
"FUCK ACTIBLIZZ, FUCK BOBBY KOTICK, I'M NOT BUYING ANOTHER ONE OF THEIR FUCKING GAMES, FUCK FUCK FUCK"

Toxic and sexist behavior, not once but twice, at Riot Games and allegations of sexual harassment by the CEO-
oh-no.gif

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they make more games/media. I like their universe but i find i don't like playing LoL. Loving Legends of Runeterra atm.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Maybe? My intent with the comparison was that Riot has all of these big workplace safety issues but they're still putting out lots of critically well received products so lots of people end up not caring about their problems, Activision-Blizzard would love to be able to drown their issues in positive reviews.
You can't really blame me for not getting what you were going for; plenty of ways to read that.

Unfortunately you're right; Riot are putting out "the goods" so people are willing to overlook their workplace culture and the issues within. You'd surely be seeing less chatter about Activision Blizzard if they were putting out the games people want; and that's incredibly disheartening.

Lokoline

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Yeah, that is, unfortunately, the case here. Is the anger towards Activision Blizzard just lip service?

This is what ResetEra feels like right now.

Toxic and sexist behavior at Activision Blizzard and allegations the CEO knew about it -
"FUCK ACTIBLIZZ, FUCK BOBBY KOTICK, I'M NOT BUYING ANOTHER ONE OF THEIR FUCKING GAMES, FUCK FUCK FUCK"

Toxic and sexist behavior, not once but twice, at Riot Games and allegations of sexual harassment by the CEO-
oh-no.gif
This, it's so disappointing seeing people giving a pass to this garbage company.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
They never really did anything about the shitty bro exec, right? He just got a vacation and came back, if I'm remembering correctly? I don't see a way that I'd touch any of this stuff unless it was somehow a hidden aspect of the game.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Why would that make a difference?
Because I don't pay attention to everything Riot does, so when I see that Choice Provisions is making a new Bit.Trip Runner-style game and then it's ruined by it featuring some League of Legends characters. Looking these games up, I guess they add a weird "A League of Legends Story" onto the end of some of these games, so that at least makes it easier to avoid them. What happens when they stop doing that? Or when one of them is on Game Pass?