• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
So you might remember that about two years ago, Rocksteady was hiring for a network programmer with multiplayer experience.

Then about a year ago, they were hiring a metagame designer.

There was some debate about this, and whether this was for some kind of more passive multiplayer (seeing live ghosts would still require multiplayer experienced programmers and metagames can be passive online too), or something more direct.

Today's posting doesn't solve this debate, but it feels less likely they would really be after multiplayer testing experience for a passive mode, though of course you should feel free to debate that.

It's wirth noting that there are still tons of senior postings for this game, so it might still be quite a way out to boot, but this job went up at the end of March.

Senior QA Tester for all aspects of upcoming AAA game posting.

TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
  • Experience of testing on a range of platforms: Consoles / PC / Mobile.
  • Multiplayer (Network / LAN / Local) testing experience.
  • Excellent MS Office Skills.
  • Understanding the roles of other areas of the industry.
  • Experience working on AAA title.
Source: http://rocksteadyltd.com/#jobs/senior-qa-tester-2-year-contract/

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Well that's disappointing. Not generally a fan of multiplayer games, and I was looking forward to their next project. Shame.

Lappe

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Good! Hope they have a solid multiplayer system in place. Maybe even involving the Mordor system with the enemies.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TBH I don't want them to do anything related to superheroes anymore.

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Hire enough testers to be sure the PC version isn't a pile of shit like Knight, please.

Be crazy if we wind up seeing their game before WB Montreal's. I dug the idea of a Damian Wayne Batman game. Too bad if it got totally scrapped.
I've become progressively more curious if it's not the same game given they're on the same engine now and their products sound pretty similar.

Then again, it's easy to believe they're just making similar games.

SusumuStreet

Jan 2, 2018
Damien Wayne, Batman Beyond, or a resurrected Suicide Squad? Squad lends inherently lends itself to multiplayer.

WB owns them so it wouldn't surprise me if they want them making more Batman related titles.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I still hope their next game will be focused on SP stuff. That's what they were successful with, so why change directions?

Looking at some of their other job offers, is this new?

http://rocksteadyltd.com/#jobs/senior-engine-programmer/

I mean, I think this game will be on PS5 as it still seems several years away, but it's extremely unclear what "next gen platforms" means.

The fact that the game seems late 2019 at the earliest is probably the best indication that the game will be on PS5.

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I still hope their next game will be focused on SP stuff. That's what they were successful with, so why change directions?

Looking at some of their other job offers, is this new?

http://rocksteadyltd.com/#jobs/senior-engine-programmer/
It's a little hard to tell because some developers still consider PS4/XB1 to be next-gen consoles.

This is why you usually have to look for other keywords like them talking about "future tech" or cross-gen games.

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like a comic book game not having a lead scriptwriter at this point kind of suggests this is... fairly far away still.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Suicide Squad game with a multiplayer function where you can design your own squad member.

Please?

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
BATMEN 100.

BatmanYear100.jpg

--

edit, NO WAIT. I KNOW!

BATMAN ROYALE!

Oct 26, 2017
The one reason I'm not 100% calling it is that it's possible the previous one left recently, but yes, I do think the job postings are suspicious.

What's the latest development studios start writing the stories for their massive games, like two years away from release or even further from release?

Beyond Rocksteady, Retro started writing their game in Fall 2016 and Sucker Punch started writing their game in Fall 2017 so I'm curious if that signals when the games could release.

Or maybe it varies from studio to studio.

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
What's the latest development studios start writing the stories for their massive games, like two years away from release or even further from release?

Beyond Rocksteady, Retro started writing their game in Fall 2016 and Sucker Punch started writing their game in Fall 2017 so I'm curious if that signals when the games could release.

Or maybe it varies from studio to studio.
The issue is that some would start late while others would be done with their main arc 1+ years before launch, so a posting like this would be for writing service game expansions instead.

Like Destiny 2 had the main four writing positions open for an entire year before launch, and still wasn't filled at launch, but the main story was clearly done before they left given it was very present in the game.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They noted they were still planning their games with DC and one of the jobs asks for comics knowledge first in a list of media forms, though I guess DC does have some non-superhero properties.
Eh I feel like they've got way more potential than just being a de facto DC dev. Then again I won't be surprised if this is a WB contracting thing.