• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
According to a source close to the development of the next Call of Duty game, the title will be Black Ops 4 and is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and most surprisingly, the Nintendo Switch. It is set in the modern era, like Modern Warfare, and will be grounded in realism. No more walking on walls like in Black Ops 3 or Advanced Warfare. Call of Duty: WWII gave new life to the franchise after the disaster that was Infinite Warfare, so this is an opportunity for Activision to get the series back on track after a number of lackluster Call of Duty titles prior to WWII.

The Nintendo Switch version will be ported by a development studio who is familiar with the Call of Duty franchise. The Switch version of the game will support the game's DLC like its counterparts and will feature the system's unique HD Rumble and motion control options.

Industry insider Marcus Sellars backs this up, tweeting the following regarding the game. Sellars predicted that a remastered version of the first Dark Souls would be ported to Switch as well as the latest Nintendo Direct date.

In addition to that, YouTuber AUGMC has come across similar information.
http://vgculturehq.com/call-of-duty-2018-is-black-ops-4-coming-ps4-xbox-one-pc-nintendo-switch/

Deleted member 8112

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
MARCUS SELLARS LMAO. This dude begged me to follow him a few months ago when I was working at Source Gaming and he spammed my inbox with the same messahma couple of times. I guess that's how he gets his "sources".

seiki

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (3 days): Drive-by post; history of similar behaviour.
Switch? lol

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is person isn't taken seriously in the Nintendo rumours around here from what I can gather. So I doubt this is true...

EDIT: beaten

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Wonder what they come up with for a BLOPs 4 campaign after the utter dross they produced in 3.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What's there to lol about? Even Wii and Wii U got CoDs and especially the Wii was miles away from the power level of the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Yeah, that bit isn't out of the realm of possibility. Treyarch has a lot of experience with porting to Nintendo systems.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
TBF though didn't BO3 sell really, really well so a BO4 is quite likely. And whilst I doubt the Switch will get CoD this year it should eventually get one. So this isn't *too* implausible.

SuperBlank

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Is there anything this guy has gotten correct so far? (apart from something previously and widely leaked)

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Marcus Sellars has been wrong about every single "rumors" that came of him.

Other people had talked about the Dark Souls remaster way before he ever did.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I could see Activision trying to cash in on the lack of FPS on Switch and it potentially being a title Nintendo uses to sell their upcoming online service alongside Smash. However, this guy is not worth listening to.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
There is no source. Literally anyone could have made this prediction from their ass.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
TBF though didn't BO3 sell really, really well so a BO4 is quite likely. And whilst I doubt the Switch will get CoD this year it should eventually get one. So this isn't *too* implausible.
This year makes the most sense though, Treyarch ported Black Ops on the Wii and Black Ops 2 on the Wii U and they were both decent versions.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Isn't this what everyone has been saying for months now? Seems less like a rumour and more like just wishful thinking.

Deleted member 2171

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CoD will be on systems that sell. Switch is selling. I mean, they ported the CoDs to Wii with their entire campaigns and multiplayer intact, so yeah

Wii U only getting one CoD was never about it's power, it was because the U bombed.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
This source is BS - but the next CoD hitting on Switch is what many are already expecting.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This year makes the most sense though, Treyarch ported Black Ops on the Wii and Black Ops 2 on the Wii U and they were both decent versions.

Yeah that's a good point that I didn't think about. So yeah this doesn't seem like 'insider info' as much as an educated guess...

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CoD will be on systems that sell. Switch is selling. I mean, they ported the CoDs to Wii with their entire campaigns and multiplayer intact, so yeah

Treyarch ported five CoD games to Wii, so yeah, there's no reason to not expect this series on Switch at some point.

Wii U only getting one CoD was never about it's power, it was because the U bombed.

And even then, it received two CoD games, not one.

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, the next COD might hit the NSW but this is bullshit, calling it Black Ops 4 and "boots on the ground" makes 0 sense.
The Black Ops timeline ended with BOIII

Oct 25, 2017
Multiple problems with this idea

Lackluster sales? IW sold fine, and Black Ops 3 is a great game
DLC? You wish.
Ported by another studio? Treyarch has done every Call of Duty Nintendo to date.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Wii U actually got two! It got Ghosts as well

Treyarch ported 4 COD games to Wii and 2 to Wii U.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Still, next CoD, or a remaster of a recent one, for the NS wouldnt surprise me in the slightest.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Infinite Warfare was a disaster? The campaign was miles better than WW2 and Black Ops 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.