• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
https://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1758

CD Projekt Red has been making games for sixteen years now and there are three Witcher RPGs in their portfolio (excluding Gwent for the moment, since it's a card game), in which we always watched our protagonist from the third person perspective. That's why we could safely assume that the Warsaw-based studio will keep that feature in their upcoming title, Cyberpunk 2077. As we unofficialy found out, this time the thing will be completely different and the game will actually be a FPP game with elements characteristic for role-playing games.

If the abovementioned information turns out to be true, we're in for a serious treat. Cyberpunk 2077 in a first-perspon perspective would be a direct competition to games like System Shock , Prey, and most of all – Deus Ex that always bathed deeply in cyberpunk. Looking back at CD Projekt Red's gamedev achievements, we don't suspect the game to be a regular shooter, but rather an action game full of RPG elements that will offer the players many ways of solving problems; basically, it should be closer to Deus Ex: Mankind Divided than BioShock .

Our source also confirmed that both CD Projekt studios – based in Warsaw and Cracow – are hard at work, with the latter currently focusing on a fragment of the game, the action of which will take place on the Moon . The game is supposed to be fast-paced, and one of the features that the studio is working on is wall-running, similar to the one we already saw in Titanfall games.

MOD Edit: For the sake of clarity, early documentation from CDPR's Siggraph talk in 2013 already cited the game will have both a first and third person option:

http://advances.realtimerendering.com/s2013/ppt_Sig2013_CDPR_Characters_v10.ppt

Last edited by a moderator:

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Wait... I'm pretty sure this was already very much known.

Like, we've known this for years!

Deleted member 39587

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 6, 2018
I mean I'd like it to be 3P with 1P option but an immersive sim type of experience is also cool i guess.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I'm for first person. Not sure about wall running, well unless it's a skill you learn/upgrade.

Swauny Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This news just kind of killed my excitement for the game a little. Anyhow I still expect it to be a good game at launch.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I didn't know this, and I'm slightly disappointed. I would have loved to see the main character on screen with cool armor and weapons and such, but it's not a deal breaker.

Immersive sims like Deus Ex and Prey were great for me.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Could be fine. If it plays similar to how Crysis did, then I'm good with that. You know, one of the best FPS's to date in my mind.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Nope, was always said to be TP and FP

yea this was the last thing we've known

1jYScUA.jpg

https://www./threads/cyberpunk-2077-will-be-both-first-and-third-person.649971/#post-75974971

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
If the abovementioned information turns out to be true, we're in for a serious treat. Cyberpunk 2077 in a first-perspon perspective would be a direct competition to games like System Shock , Prey, and most of all – Deus Ex that always bathed deeply in cyberpunk. Looking back at CD Projekt Red's gamedev achievements, we don't suspect the game to be a regular shooter, but rather an action game full of RPG elements that will offer the players many ways of solving problems; basically, it should be closer to Deus Ex: Mankind Divided than BioShock .

be still, my beating heart

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Would be amazing if it was first person only. I don't trust CD Project Red to make a good combat system in third person.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope the option for 3PP is available. And that their wont be any first person stealth elements.

Deleted member 39587

Banned
Feb 6, 2018
I really doubt this rumour though. I don't think CDPR would make Cp FP only - they are known for a TP franchise and people like that.

asheliaX

Feb 3, 2018
The Seychelles
I can't do first person RPGs. That perspective gives me crazy motion sickness and I can only play first person games in short bursts. This would make me very sad if true.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
I thought i heard somewhere from solid source that the game will be both 1st and 3rd. Can be switch at will just like Skyrim.

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, we've known for a realllly long time that this was a shooter/stealth game.

Not sure if the perspective matters much.

Or if even the perspective is mostly first person, that the game won't have a lot of third person elements (see, the last cyberpunk shooter/stealth RPG: Deus Ex Mankind Divided).

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Thought we kinda knew this already.
I guess that they mean that it's First-Person "Only"? Cause that would be new. Before it was talks that it would be switching between third and first person.

Anyway, still CD Project, still Cyberpunk, still hyped.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I wonder how they'll fuck up the movement and controls in first person?