MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

While Marvel fans are always eager to learn more about upcoming MCU movies (and now shows), probably the one project that's provoked the most interest at this point in time is Deadpool 3. When Disney acquired 20th Century Fox, there were some questions about whether the R-rated Ryan Reynolds-fronted franchise would carry over into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, now that all Marvel adaptations would be unified under Marvel Studios. The existing X-Men franchise fell by the wayside, but Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige knew a keeper when he saw it, and subsequently announced that Deadpool would be integrated into the MCU and another sequel would be made.

We know that sisters Lizzie Molyneux-Loeglin and Wendy Molyneux are hard at work on the screenplay, so when Collider's own Steve Weintraub spoke with Reynolds during the press day for his new film Free Guy, he asked what are the chances Deadpool 3 starts filming in 2022. Reynolds was a bit hesitant to put any certainty on it, but pegged those chances at around 70%:

"The percentage chance? I don't know. I couldn't assign a percentage to that. I'd say it's 50/50 maybe? We're really actively developing it and getting it into pretty good shape. What the hell month is it? August? Oh next year? Probably pretty damn good. I'd say 70%."

Original title for context for the first several posts: Ryan Reynolds (R.I.P.D, Green Lantern, Blade: Trinity, National Lampoon's Van Wilder) is 70% sure Deadpool 3 will begin filming in 2022

Last edited:

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
Why you gotta bring up Green Lantern? The man has paid for his crimes.

ri-EGy.gif

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe they're giving that guy from X-Men Origins Wolverine a movie.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Hey isn't that the guy from the upcoming smash hit Free Guy?

They can make new Deadpool whenever. Once it's finished I'll see it. I'm in no rush, though. The next couple years are already looking pretty great for comic book movie fans

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Ryan had signed a deal with Paramount a while back. I take it that doesn't affect Deadpool 3?

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Bruh the first thing i saw was Ryan Reynolds and RIP. Safe to say my brain is conditioned to read nothing but bad news on the internet lol.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I thought he had died, jesus

Read RIPD differently

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Nice.

Also he is already in top form from Free Guy. Ready to slip into the Deadpool costume any time

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
This movie really is a gamble. Are they trying to get Jackman and are they waiting for that or starting without?
Is it smart to wait for the current MCU development which feels could change up things on monthly basis currently, which could lead to finally have him in and using characters from that or are they starting before with a different screenplay, with maybe just missing an MCU opportunity?
I wouldn't want to make the call.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Why didn't anybody ask him the chances of it filming by the end of this year?

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Free Guy is getting some pretty good reviews btw. Didn't expect it but I think I'll drop by next week to watch it.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Wild by the time this comes out it will have been 5 years since the last. Time goes by way too quickly.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
They got the dude who played the Dad in the remake of the Amityville Horror?

Curious to see how it plays out under Disney's thumb. I know Feige said they're still committed to an R rating but I have a feeling they will tone it down a bit from the last 2.