• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Edgar Wright and Dolby Cinema announced that a never-before-seen version of Universal Pictures' 2010 hit cult classic Scott Pilgrim vs. The World will be coming to theaters on April 30. The film has been reimagined in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos and will play exclusively at Dolby Cinema locations in the U.S. for one week only. "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World was designed for the big screen and for the best sound systems," said Edgar Wright, the film's director, producer, and co-screenwriter. "To be able to see it with the best specs is obviously any filmmaker's dream. You want people to see it as good as it could possibly be. I suspect that if you're a fan of the movie, you're going to get such a kick out of seeing it like this." Starring Michael Cera, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Chris Evans, Aubrey Plaza, Brie Larson, Jason Schwartzman, Alison Pill, Ellen Wong, Brandon Routh, Anna Kendrick, Kieran Culkin, Mae Whitman, and more!

I will be fully vaccinated by then, I am really leaning towards going since this is one of my all time favorite movies.

They announced this would come out as a 4K blu-ray as well, sometime after theatrical re-release.

Update:
Great news from Edgar Wright on a recent IG live call:
- 4k uhd releasing July 6
- Universal was pleased with the turnout for the Dolby Cinema rerelease, they're expanding it to 500 theaters (from 150 AMC only), including non Dolby Cinema ones. Should be out for one more week.
- he teased an animated Scott Pilgrim something in the works previously, but on today's stream he said "Universal is always asking what we can do with Scott Pilgrim that is not an expensive sequel. We are looking into something that can expand on the story, but I don't want to say anything cause it might not happen."

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
given the circumstances, they couldn't push back the theatrical release a bit? :(

Strandr

Oct 12, 2019
This is something I would 100% want to go to... if I wasn't living in the US in 2021

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not ready to go back to the movies. In a perfect world this would be amazing šŸ˜”

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
They should screen this in some of the places you see in the movie. At the pizza pizza in front of Honest Eds, Casa Loma, Polson Pier.

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome they used Invaders Must Die like the original trailer.

I really want to see this again in treaters, especially since I'm getting my 2nd vaccine shot before then, but I'm still cautious.

Last edited:

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, why can't they just postpone this? Would love to see it in a theater again, it's just too soon.

KatieKatsup

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, really would love to see this again in theaters. I'm signed up to get the J&J on the 8th, but still need to wait four weeks after for it to be effective. This would be just barely too early.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
It didn't show in Sweden during the original release. I was in the US when it was showing but did not go. Now a re-release and almost all cinemas in Swedan are closed (rightfully so) and they probably wouldn't have showed it anyway. At least I can get the blu-ray some day...

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UNK8Q2j.gif

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
This is quite possibly my favorite movie and I was gutted the pandemic caused the cancellation of this rerelease last August. I will be fully vaccinated by the time this is out. I just bought my tickets.

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They should screen this in some of the places you see in the movie. At the pizza pizza in front of Honest Eds, Casa Loma, Polson Pier.
I went to Toronto a few years ago and checked out Sonic Boom Records and couldn't figure out why it looked so familiar till I realized "oh shit! Scott Pilgrim!" šŸ˜‚

Rag

Oct 30, 2017

and yeah I would so love to see this in theaters, but that's not gonna happen right now. Maybe if they had it in August for the 11th anniversary. Guess I'll wait for the 15th or 20th anniversary.

Sorta off topic. Have you been checking for vaccine appointments in the Treasure Valley? It got a lot easier this week. My wife and I are getting ours on Friday and my next shot is April 16th. This will time out perfect to go see this in theaters.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be fully vaccinated by then, and this is one of my favorite movies ever, so I'm definitely going.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I went to Toronto a few years ago and checked out Sonic Boom Records and couldn't figure out why it looked so familiar till I realized "oh shit! Scott Pilgrim!" šŸ˜‚
Did you have a good time in the city?

Come to think of it, I almost always walked on the other side of the street on Spadina, so I never noticed Sonic Boom lol.

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017
I saw it maybe a dozen times in theaters on its release and I'm 100% in for seeing it at least one more time on the big screen. Assuming any theaters are still open by then.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm hoping we get an additional release in canada later on, I'd love to see this again in iMax.

I went to the first showing of the movie in Toronto way back, and it was so good

Tonswelt

Aug 25, 2018
Germany
U.S. only? That sucks. When they announced they'd release it in Dolby Cinemas I kept my hopes up because the only DC in German is right in my home town. Scott Pilgrim is easily in my top 4 fav movies of all time and I would have loved to see it on that big screen.

Edit: I even went out of my way to NOT rewatch it after the announced that it would get a rerelease. :(

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did you have a good time in the city?

Come to think of it, I almost always walked on the other side of the street on Spadina, so I never noticed Sonic Boom lol.
Yeah I was there for work so I only got see a bit of the city, but it was nice from what I could tell. I was mostly in the entertainment district but then I went and caught a Kurt Vile show at the Queen Elizabeth Threatre, which is, admittedly, a dump.
We did a team building escape room at Casa Loma, I was trying to explain to my co-workers how they filmed the fight scene between Scott Pilgrim and Captain America there and none them understood or cared šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
The wife and I had a trip booked to Toronto for last July but COVID, maybe summer 2022 I'll be back.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Sorta off topic. Have you been checking for vaccine appointments in the Treasure Valley? It got a lot easier this week. My wife and I are getting ours on Friday and my next shot is April 16th. This will time out perfect to go see this in theaters.
Is this even screening locally? Can only find listings for AMC theaters, which we don't have here. I would think the Edwards(Regals) would have Dolby though.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I was there for work so I only got see a bit of the city, but it was nice from what I could tell. I was mostly in the entertainment district but then I went and caught a Kurt Vile show at the Queen Elizabeth Threatre, which is, admittedly, a dump.
We did a team building escape room at Casa Loma, I was trying to explain to my co-workers how they filmed the fight scene between Scott Pilgrim and Captain America there and none them understood or cared šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
The wife and I had a trip booked to Toronto for last July but COVID, maybe summer 2022 I'll be back.
Lol, well I hope you guys have a chance to see and experience more of the city when you come back.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
think I'll skip this and just buy the 4k bluray, happy to hear thats coming out too.