• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just watched the Xbox Instagram story and lo and behold you get this:

OwWk1ri.jpg

So is it going to be announced this is coming at launch on Game Pass?

Metro as well?

92qdpzK.jpg

It's marketing Game Pass by showing that you can play the old games of these big sequels.
gJltQFV.jpg

Possibly some crap marketing and not sending a clear message?

Last edited:

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I haven't used my Xbox One in ages. Now I'll be using it for Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Forza Horizon 4 in the space of a few weeks. Amazing service!

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Holy shit. Huge if true. Can't believe this wasn't an E3 announcement. Will be nice to see a bit more hype injected into SoTR threads now.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
wtf

So tomb raider is in game pass for september and forza is in october. Works for me.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
First 3rd party game doing this, nice!

Hoping for DMC5 to be a GP day-one title as well since Capcom has also been pretty supportive of MS initiatives like Play Anywhere and Game Pass.

Edit: not the first 3rd party, but the first AAA game from a major publisher!

Last edited:

zoltan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
to be fair it could be just promo, because it says above ROTR Available now and there is nothing above SOTR like Coming soon... but HUGE get for MS if true

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I called it months ago a big AAA game will launch on Gamepass sooner then we think. This is offcially not confirmed yet. But TR makes the most sense of all AAA third party games.

Feb 26, 2018
It's great. Finally a good deal

But how much did MS paid SE for this? SE is willing to loose all those day one 60$?

Edit: Metro too? MS is going all in

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
First 3rd party game doing this, nice!

Hoping for DMC5 to be a GP day-one title as well since Capcom has also been pretty supportive of MS initiatives like Play Anywhere and Game Pass.
Not really the first. Many other games already released day one on Gamepass from third party. It is the first big AAA game if its true offcourse.

Kalamour

Oct 25, 2017
I will wait for official info before celebrating, but this would be great news and would make me very confident in the future of the service. MS know they are missing a big exclusive for the fall season (next to FH4).

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Well dang, if it's confirmed I'm definitely gonna jump on that two months for £2 deal (I mean, I was probably gonna regardless, but this just is extra reason to).

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
According to Reddit, and I checked afterwards myself, it's on the official Xbox Instagram page. Their story thing, where you click on the logo and it plays a video or whatever. I skipped a bit and some reporter was standing in front of that same wall. Close by is also Metro Exodus shown under Game Pass, same as the new Tomb Raider.
Metro might be coming as well. Insane if true.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Since I have Gamepass paid out (due to bing rewards) for 3 years, this actually frees up money for other games I would not have bought. It's a win-win.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Not really the first. Many other games already released day one on Gamepass from third party. It is the first big AAA game if its true offcourse.
There has been others. Vermintide 2, Laser League and Graveyard Keeper were all day and date on Game Pass (and third party). SOTTR bigger than them all though!

Yup, forgot about that and edited my post. It is the first big AAA game from a major publisher though which is ofc pretty huge.