• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
Vita is one of my favorite consoles. If they could make another portable, whether that be its own thing, or something like the Switch I would be very interested. They just need to better support it than they did the Vita. Being a Switch like device fixes that problem.

If this were to happen, all of the big three would have a Portable option.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
WRFUOH9.png

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
To those asking for a portable or a hybrid PS5: you really want to see Playstation fail, don't you? Because that's what it would do: crash and burn.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If Sony's making a PS4 Portable I legit think they would be way better off just straight up making it digital only. Hell, they've done it before...

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh look, another proprietary format Sony will try to force on the market...

Add it to the pile
3594683295_60d5780b1c.jpg

video-8-small.jpg

PS1_Original_1MB_Memory_Card.jpg

PS2_8MB_Memory_card.jpg

250px-Multicolor.JPG

3111Z1CYZGL._SX355_.jpg

41z4sHLAYYL.jpg

images

51pJbQPtndL._SX385_.jpg

pic_overview03.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
That looks like the card from Sony's Toio paper craft robot thing
toio-800x420.jpg

However, not sure that is even from the same department as SIE so might be something totally different with the same design roots. Or maybe they are just taking it global

Last edited:

Deleted member 1326

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be ok with the idea of it having games that can play on both PSP 3 and PS5, but PS5 only games that can be streamed to PSP 3 should be the focus.
They can fuck off if they do PSP 3 exclusives though, no reason for that.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Probably nothing. I feel that is likely the actual case since companies like to patent stuff even if they don't necessarily act upon it.

However, cartridges (assuming non-proprietary & expensive format + 64GB-128GB sizes are available since day 1) could be a nice change of pace. They seem to work well for the Switch overall and could potentially solve the issue of slow instals that Bluray currently has.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Filing a patent for something does not mean they're actively developing it. Patents get filed ALLLL the time for ideas that the company has no interest in actually pursuing.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
guys this patent is for a device to connect to console without wire. it is for wireless VR headset among other things .not a new storage format.

Sir Tsunami

Oct 25, 2017
Filing a patent for something does not mean they're actively developing it. Patents get filed ALLLL the time for ideas that the company has no interest in actually pursuing.

There's no stopping these trains.

Arrogant Sony
Sony Switch
PSP3
PSVita 2

Choose one before it's too late

guys this patent is for a device to connect to console without wire. it is for wireless VR headset among other things .not a new storage format.

This sounds like reading. How dare you?

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You forgot to add CD and Blu-ray.

Those are/were not proprietary they were consortium based and used by many producers.
CDs were Sony & Denon
DVD were a bunch of Companies
Blu Ray is also a bunch of Companies

That list is specific to Sony only nonsense like the ProData
Sony_PFD23_20060615.jpg

and the Ruvi

Sony-Ruvi-top-1.png

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Hence the parentheses I made on the post before that sentence. Assuming certain conditions are fulfilled, then that could potentially work. Tbh I'm not sure if they can or cannot be fulfillied as I've got 0 info on any of that.
I doubt you will be able to put in normal SD cards in a PS5, Sony would be damn stupid if they would. They want to sell games and not invite pirating.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Those are/were not proprietary they were consortium based and used by many producers.
CDs were Sony & Denon
DVD were a bunch of Companies
Blu Ray is also a bunch of Companies

That list is specific to Sony only nonsense like the ProData
Sony_PFD23_20060615.jpg

and the Ruvi

Sony-Ruvi-top-1.png
blu ray was invented by sony. but in order to not loose the "format war" again like betmax vs VHS they created the association and joined as many companies as they could

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Oh no baby what's you doing

Will probably be for the new, best handheld available on the market at the time.

That will bomb, hard

Status
Not open for further replies.