• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
fOQBrn7.jpg

https://my.playstation.com/

This was only just announced on the Japanese PlayStation Blog but the website is also already functional in multiple languages (including English) and with both my European and US account

My PlayStation lets you access PSN features through a browser, such as checking your friend lists, viewing/accepting friend requests and sending messages (including those cute PS stamps) to your PSN friends. You can also view your trophies and check/edit your profile.

PlayStation Blog Japan also writes that in the future, SEN account managing features will be migrated to My PlayStation as well.

These features were already available in the mobile app, so I guess you can see My PlayStation as a web version of that.

Last edited:

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Oh man, I hate reCaptcha so bad, those freaking cars, 5 seconds of white square when you select them and at the end doesn't even work -__-"

Oct 26, 2017
Not really related but I haven't been able to log in to the web store on my phone for months, anyone else have that problem? I can log into the SEN account site but the store just ignores it.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just tested it, works really well. Seems like Sony is unifying PlayStation more than ever, now you can do most stuff from there, pretty sure the objective is doing everything from this web browser and from the app that you can do on the Console.

Still missing the Live Stream section though, it was removed from the iOS and Android App too, also can change covers on either yet, only on console but it´s probably a matter of time.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cool. Now allow me to voice chat with people on my friend lost and I'll gladly use it.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Finally. Awesome! Always thought it was weird we couldn't do those things on the web.

OP
OP
kubus

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
Just played around with it a little on desktop and mobile, and it's really fast and snappy. Much better than the slow mobile app that never does what I want.
Only downside I found is that you can't chat with friends on the mobile site, only "send a message", but there's no chat interface or something. That's actually a pretty important feature to have and it means I can't delete the PS app yet :/.

Oct 27, 2017
I can change profile picture with any pic i have on my Pc but not the avatar. It only makes me choose between the ones on PSN.

Anyway this is something Xbox live had since 2008, if i remember correctly, but better late than never i guess.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Seems alright. Feature list is kind of barebones atm but maybe it will have more functionality in the future.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Most of the features were on the [eu/us].playstation.com sites already I think. This so far might just be a further regional unification of the UI.
Yeah, they seem to be doing a lot of work behind the scenes to unify PSN regions recently. I've noticed over the last week that webstore links from different regions will redirect you to the appropriate page on your own store (so if I click a JPN Yakuza Kiwami link, it'll redirect me to the NZ Yakuza Kiwami page) and that all my friends wishlists show up on the friend wishlist page, not just the EU ones (though I'm guessing it automatically removes the games that aren't available on my store).

Jan 2, 2018
It's a good thing that Sony is investing in the PS ecosystem,always was the weakest part on their side in my book.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Good.....their app and the separation of messages into another app pisses me off so damn much.

Hope this works well on mobile devices

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
It's nice they finally offer this, but man they are late...

I don't see any functionality that wasn't already available on the eu.playstation.com site. This just seems like a domain unification.

Yeah, they seem to be doing a lot of work behind the scenes to unify PSN regions recently. I've noticed over the last week that webstore links from different regions will redirect you to the appropriate page on your own store (so if I click a JPN Yakuza Kiwami link, it'll redirect me to the NZ Yakuza Kiwami page) and that all my friends wishlists show up on the friend wishlist page, not just the EU ones (though I'm guessing it automatically removes the games that aren't available on my store).

I noticed that a month or two ago, my guess is it started to work with EU/US redirects around when store ratings were reset. Redirects between two EU regional stores have worked since forever, it was just cross-region it didn't work before.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe this is how they get renaming our accounts in as does look like its updating the back end managing stuff as well?

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
I can change profile picture with any pic i have on my Pc but not the avatar. It only makes me choose between the ones on PSN.
...that's the very intended difference between publicly shown PSN avatars and privacy-dependant profile pics which can be a photo or anything custom.

Not really, PSN Profiles offers much more in-depth trophy comparison and sorting.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
I don't want to bring it up, but I will, I can see this site being the first place to offer name change if anything.