• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
lock if old

Mod Edit: The situation is currently developing and the most recent posts of note are listed below. Likely this is related to VAT. Hopefully an official word from Blizzard or Sony is given soon.

They key word here is "Blizzard Entertainment will donate 100% of the proceeds that it receives from Sony PlayStation"

Where as on Xbox it states

"Blizzard Entertainment will donate 100% of the purchase price for your purchase of the Pink Mercy skin on Xbox "

PSN it states it will donate 100% of what Sony gives them and on Xbox it states 100% of your purchase price.

This is Germany for example. We have a VAT rate of 21%
TUEtI5t.png

14.99 = 119%
12.60 = 100%

Seem like it will be net sales minus a processing fee or something that will be donated.
Definitely not a 30% platform cut they take on this...
jnAgjHJ.png
tKnMLad.png

20% VAT? Why am I paying a UK/EU tax in Australia? And why just for Sony?
VAT in EU member states will follow the EU Directive as a framework, the big difference between member states is the rates that country sets for goods and services but they still have to follow the same rules.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...1-charities#implications-of-vat-for-charities

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1994/23/schedule/9

group 12 is in relation to charities in which the first link the public notice is derived from

and VATA94 links to the relevant articles to the EU VAT Directive

As far as I can see is that only charitable organisations can treat a supply of services as exempt from VAT.

Sony is not a charity and is supplying the service therefore can not exempt the supply of the service.

It's likely that MS and Blizzard are going to donate the gross price and donate the VAT difference out of their own pocket to the charity and Sony is opting not to.

Last edited by a moderator:

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Awful. Just awful.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about Xbox, but on PC of course 100% would go because Blizzard own the distribution platform.

Wonder what happened here.

thebullfrog

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: System Wars
When you're out-greeding Microsoft, to the level of taking a cut from a charity, you have well and truly fucked up.

LMFAO: this post had literally NOTHING to do with "system wars". This was about Microsoft as a whole being a greedy company with their price gouging and shit policies, including Windows, Office, etc. But sure, if the XBOX fanboys (and mods) want to make it about "system wars", whatever. Yes, the ban is worth it, because God I hate blind fan-boyism.

Last edited:

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
I didn't now making money off of a charity fundraisers was a thing these companies did. I mean don't they consider this strange, like no shame at all.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
This is probably the default DLC cut and Blizzard didn't file for a special case for this specific piece of DLC.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Are they consciously doing this or is this something that happens with every transaction and they were asleep at the wheel?

All of these "gross" "sick" "welp" posts, do you have all of the information? Please share with the rest of us if so!

It seems unlikely that they know about this and are just saying, "Well. Fuck breast cancer and anyone with it."

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Oversight or blatant greed, which ones it gonna be, Sony?

(obligatory #4theplayers)

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I think we need more information before we start accus-

Nah, this is disgusting. Sony should address this.

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
Probably the standard fee Sony takes from skins. But they should fix this. Hopefully they can fix it easily by just donating that amount themselves which would require no changes to their automated payment system.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
US PSN shows 100% - does not show the amount though

Show your support for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation as Overwatch's peerless scientist and guardian angel, Mercy, in her new Pink skin—available for a limited time.

From May 8-May 21, Blizzard Entertainment will donate 100% of the proceeds that it receives from Sony PlayStation for your purchase of the Pink Mercy skin to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Blizzard Entertainment will disclose the total amount of its donation following the end of the campaign.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
-_-
Guess they missed the part this is for fucking charity and not for their pockets.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about Xbox, but on PC of course 100% would go because Blizzard own the distribution platform.

Wonder what happened here.
Xbox site says 100% goes to charity.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/Pink-Mercy-Skin/BNZL7LL19G0Q

From May 8-May 21, Blizzard Entertainment will donate 100% of the purchase price for your purchase of the Pink Mercy skin on Xbox to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Blizzard Entertainment will disclose the total amount of its donation following the end of the campaign.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's lousy. I hope it's just a mistake and not something they actually decided to do.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Should have made it a purchase tied to your Blizzard account so the skin shows up on all platforms (ie like D.Va Police or Widowmaker Ghost) and cut out any potential billing headaches from platform holders.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I threw a tweet out to the official accounts and Shawn Layden on this.

You can also do your part to raise your voice on this matter.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Cool to see Microsoft waive their cut for this item, at least!

Hopefully the bad PR gets Sony to act.

Also, wasn't aware of this item. Need to pick it up on Battle (dot) net.

Status
Not open for further replies.