• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
The dialogue is so bad that it actually took me a moment to realize that there was a "joke" in there.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I gotta see the scene, depends on how they set up the female antagonist. But as it stands, can't tell if I am offended as a black person, or as someone who respects writing in general. Oof, that line wouldn't even make a CSI Miami script.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Who wrote this dialogue? Why did they write it? Did the writers' room actually let it slide?

OP
OP
Kenzodielocke

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta see the scene, depends on how they set up the female antagonist. But as it stands, can't tell if I am offended as a black person, or as someone who respects writing in general. Oof, that line wouldn't even make a CSI Miami script.
I am not Black but I didn't post it because I thought it was offensive, but their bad attempt at comedy.

Wes D. Mess

Avenger
Aug 11, 2018
Chicago
Yep, this is the line where I totally understood why the show got some low ass scores.

Yeah...uhh....

she's not an antagonist, at least this point since I've only seen half the season so far. Woodcock (her name) and Jet were a thing in the past and this was her way of flirting and Spike loves all of it.

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking of watching this tonight but after at looking at some of the clips (Including of a certain character related to a spoiler) and this writing. I'm just staying away. I actualyl rewatched all of Cowboy Bebop to get ready for this and now I think that maybe its better I didn't. Why would you get the director who worked on the Michael Bay TMNT movies to work on a beloved classic anime show. Especially, the one that's considered the best.

I really really hope that One Piece ends up being good, the casting looks more spot on that this.
artworks-000203322298-l5pyn7-t500x500.jpg

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
At least make sure it's an actual line from the show before you go off lol

Edit: welp lol

Last edited:

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
The lines are in the show, but she does the line read more as if she is hitting on him than threatening him. Spike giving Jet shit about it afterwords is the actual joke.

Rickelodeon

Oct 25, 2017
actually think this is dialogue that would kill in a shane black movie but comes off as corny when anyone else tries to do it

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
"This sounds like blackmail"

"Dang right it is because Jet you are black and you are male"

It's 100% real. Don't believe anyone who's telling you it's not. They are telling lies or talking out their ass, literally just went and looked for you all.

Don't believe their lies.