• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Really hoping this PLTR crash continues, the upside potential on that stock will be ludicrous with a 5 year outlook.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
So buy the dip and hold for a while?
They have negative earnings right now but I'll be loading up if it gets below $20. I imagine they're going to have some pretty sideways or downward trajectory for a year or two but if their revenue projections and corporate sector growth hold, it can easily be a 5-20x stock in 5 years.

Companies like Salesforce are investing heavily in AI analytics and Palantir blows it out of the park when it comes to data consolidation and analysis. I sold my holdings at $36, now been progressively buying back in.

Key points are average revenue per customer, non-government sector growth, annual revenue growth, customers in fortune 100 companies etc. There is a lot to like around who their customers are, how that revenue is growing, increasingly moving away from government contracts and they'll eventually target smaller businesses which means rapidly expanding addressable market.

It's still far from a value stock at the moment but if it drops another $7-10 it will be.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
California
They have negative earnings right now but I'll be loading up if it gets below $20. I imagine they're going to have some pretty sideways or downward trajectory for a year or two but if their revenue projections and corporate sector growth hold, it can easily be a 5-20x stock in 5 years.

Companies like Salesforce are investing heavily in AI analytics and Palantir blows it out of the park when it comes to data consolidation and analysis. I sold my holdings at $36, now been progressively buying back in.

Key points are average revenue per customer, non-government sector growth, annual revenue growth, customers in fortune 100 companies etc. There is a lot to like around who their customers are, how that revenue is growing, increasingly moving away from government contracts and they'll eventually target smaller businesses which means rapidly expanding addressable market.

It's still far from a value stock at the moment but if it drops another $7-10 it will be.

Awesome thanks for this. I'll be holding onto my PLTR shares then and buy more if it dips further. I know this isn't guaranteed but I like the analysis.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I bought a few stocks of BUD as part of a great reopening move. Thinking about buying some coke too. Some mentioned shopping mall REITs and I'm thinking about MAC or SPG

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
GME, still no forward guidance. They're also suspending same store sales reports. Vague waffle about "long term" for their turnaround into... whatever, and whenever that will be. They keep desperately trying to tie an increase in online sales which is a natural side effect of stores being closed and people buying new consoles and games for it, to evidence of some sort of long-term trend.

"de-densification" is popular, mentioned five times in the report, including here:

Strategically de-densified the Company's store base by closing a net 693 stores in fiscal 2020 while transferring sales to online platforms and neighboring locations;

Cool. So you didn't lose sales thanks to that. Well done. Oh wait...

Net sales were $5.090 billion compared to $6.466 billion in fiscal 2019

It's up a few bucks in after hours after that crap, LOL.

jt1fffyftjf61.jpg

finance.yahoo.com

GameStop Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2020 Results

Achieved 6.5% Increase in Comparable Store Sales During Fourth Quarter, With Global E-Commerce Sales Increasing 175% for the Fourth Quarter and 191% for Fiscal 2020 Expense Reduction Initiatives Drove $409 Million, or 21%, SG&A Improvement in Fiscal 2020 Strengthened the Balance Sheet and Ended...

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Also from that GME PR,

As we look ahead, we are excited by the opportunities that are in front of us as we begin prioritizing long-term digital and E-Commerce initiatives while continuing to execute on our core business during this emerging console cycle.

Oh really, what long-term digital initiatives? Because I've been hearing the same story since like 2014. They will never have a meaningful cut of console digital game sales, nor PC game sales. They're never able to define what that means other than saying, "ummm, e-commerce?" Maybe it's those plastic Roblox toys, sold online.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
GME bled a whole lot in the hours past earnings. I guess tomorrow opening will be the real test for the "diamond hands".

I really should've held on to my AMC puts longer. I got antsy that retail would continue to defy logic longer than I was willing to wait.

Last edited:

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
AMD down too.

Intel CEO didn't actually rule out using external fabs still and 7nm is not until 2023, but I guess this must certainly be doom for TSM and AMD either way 🙄

The market doesn't care about reality, only sentiments unfortunately... Intel hasn't demonstrated it has any competitive products until 2022/23 at the latest, and the market doesn't care.

Like, new Epyc was announced a week or so ago, and the market responded with a resounding meh.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
The market doesn't care about reality, only sentiments unfortunately... Intel hasn't demonstrated it has any competitive products until 2022/23 at the latest, and the market doesn't care.

Like, new Epyc was announced a week or so ago, and the market responded with a resounding meh.
Intel is a typical story of a dog one year being a darling the next, once all the weak hands have sold out for tax losses and a "recovery" narrative can start to spin. It's been a nice upwards climb since the last week of December.

Oct 25, 2017
I have been swing trading NFT related stocks last week, gotta ride the hype before it fades. Opened a position in Dolphin Entertainment yesterday after it jumped more than 100% at open and ended up at +200%. Doing well in the pre-market as well.

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
Red day is red :/
US futures look good at least, maybe it can be a reverse of yesterday, with US resetting my loss.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And 10 year yields say "Fuck you tech" 😪
It's a pretty brutal opening, but it's looking like there will be a short runup, at least some will be able to get out. I'm trying to time it.

Did anyone pay attention to Intel and how they're gloating "Intel is back" with their 2024 processing plant plans in the US?

edit: green candles coming back for QQQ :D

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
For those not super active in trading: do you put more in ETF or in single shares? My portfolio (in worth) is pretty much 50-50 shares/ETF and I try to keep it pretty diverse with both. I've played around with trading for around a year but I'm kinda losing interest in being occupied with it each day/week, so I'm thinking of moving more and more into ETF because I see it as a 20-30 year investment and not something I need beforehand.

Oct 27, 2017
I think they just follow Tesla. I sold my Chinese EV stocks over sanction concerns and because I don't actually know shit about China. I put it all towards POAHY :D

Status
Not open for further replies.