• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I'll buy some more stocks in two weeks. Let's see if we reach the bottom by then.

I think we're close to the bottom now. Investors are selling this week to pay down taxes, my hunch is we'll start rebounding later next week and then the gradual run back up begins.

I could be wrong of course!

Rayasab

Banned
Apr 12, 2021

1000 by 2022 cos why not
E1TXtA5VEAMumaw

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Close to the bottom? A ~2.5% drop from ATH (S&P500)??
To be fair, I'm sure they meant growth stocks. TSLA -36%, ICLN -39%, PLTR -59%, NVDA -16%, even the blue chip techs are well off their highs: AAPL-14%, AMZN -11%. They've already had a major correction.

How the hell is this dickhead not in jail yet for market manipulation?

It's unbelievable how brazen he's been through all of this, it's pretty much unparalleled with anything that I can remember. Dude just tweets to print himself tendies, rinse and repeat.
Yep, it's unreal. The fucker doesn't even need the money either. He's just doing it for ego. Like Ming in Flash Gordon, "I'm bored, what plaything can you offer me today?"

j_rocca42

Oct 25, 2017
PNW
How the hell is this dickhead not in jail yet for market manipulation?

It's unbelievable how brazen he's been through all of this, it's pretty much unparalleled with anything that I can remember. Dude just tweets to print himself tendies, rinse and repeat.
I don't think market manipulation applies to crypto. Could be wrong though.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
It doesn't but he's intrinsically tied TSLA to crypto now, which is manipulation. Regardless of that, it's not just the crypto space he has a long history of manipulating.
To the (worthless) SEC, does that distinction matter? I mean, yes TSLA reported profits from his crypto manipulation, but if they don't view that as manipulation then the proftis must be clean? I guess?

It would be ironic if Musk was the driving factor behind govt adding more regulations. He's a very public mascot for justifying increased regulation.

(DOGE up 15% on his manipulation...)

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy how the market rallies, yet anything Cathie Woods related got pummeled again today. Almost like whatever she buys is a target for a big short.

I was perusing the AMD charts and if the price doesn't hold soon, I don't see any support levels. I'm in at $52, but c'mon!

There are some via gaps, but you are right the spice level is starting to rise with the AMD chart. As long as it stays below 73.76 on hourly closes, and daily closes, the gaps are more likely to get filled. It has been one of the most epic holds i've seen for a long time, staying above that gap top at 74 dollars for over half a year. Finally starting to sink into it.

Zoomed out the daily chart with the gaps in the green boxes. Plus there is a rising uptrend it might fight to try and stay over. Yellow squiggly lines are just a fun scenario I drew out, have no idea if it will happen.

VY9UKZK.png

Last edited:

FunkyStudent

Jan 28, 2019
Does anyone have any thoughts on Velodyne or LiDAR in general? Has always seemed like pretty promising and practical tech, but I haven't kept up on which way the winds are blowing for its future uses.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have any thoughts on Velodyne or LiDAR in general? Has always seemed like pretty promising and practical tech, but I haven't kept up on which way the winds are blowing for its future uses.
As far as I can tell, everyone is trying to integrate it into auto-driving vehicles.

Sorry about that. Wanted to see if Webull was a good platform since it also sells securities but I will keep discussion to stocks.
It's a valid question in here as it's primary usage is for trading stock. It's good and a million times better than Robin Hood, as I've never seen them stop trading for bs reasons. I have an account, but primarily just use Fidelity. If you're going to use it, make sure you get a referral code and get your free stocks!

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
I am so close to selling everything and go away for a few months. Ugh. I dont think I have ever timed a purchase this badly. Bought PLT wednesday, then thursday they announce earnings, beating estimates but bad guidance for 2021 (seemingly for the same reason as so many others; price increases on materials & lack of materials). Then it crashes 22% at opening. That is quite the reaction.

As far as I can tell, everyone is trying to integrate it into auto-driving vehicles.
I thought it was 'everyone, except Tesla'?

Oct 28, 2017
California

It's a valid question in here as it's primary usage is for trading stock. It's good and a million times better than Robin Hood, as I've never seen them stop trading for bs reasons. I have an account, but primarily just use Fidelity. If you're going to use it, make sure you get a referral code and get your free stocks!

Thanks for the advice!

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
There was some other case recently of a China company CEO, he posted some ancient poem, it was a short poem like 28 words or something, but it could be seen as anti-establishment and it wiped a big chunk off the company's marketcap.

Let's see if BABA can stem the bleeding today. It gapped higher, retraced that gap and is moving up again, which is healthy. It's been in a strong downtrend since October though, although the $200 range should provide support. The valuation for this growth is really low.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Like clockwork, looks like the IWM is being saved from potential destruction again. See how it closes.

There was some other case recently of a China company CEO, he posted some ancient poem, it was a short poem like 28 words or something, but it could be seen as anti-establishment and it wiped a big chunk off the company's marketcap.

Let's see if BABA can stem the bleeding today. It gapped higher, retraced that gap and is moving up again, which is healthy. It's been in a strong downtrend since October though, although the $200 range should provide support. The valuation for this growth is really low.

Yeah , I've been watching BABA for awhile, took a starting position yesterday around 205 for at least swing, if not longer hold. Been in the penalty box way too long. Plus, in addition to what you said, the 200 week moving average is hovering around 198. Then there is also the breakout area around 190, and the 50 month moving average at 193. It is basically coming back into some decent area of chart support at almost every 10 dollar increment level from 200 at this point. Even if it goes lower, it should be starting to get more bounces now at minimum.

Last edited:

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
So, Disney shows that crazy high growth in the streaming market doesn't just magically happen.
On that same day, DISCA is going up. That does not make sense to me.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Everything green except for LHDX lol.

Though, bought a little more. Generally my only gamble stock, and at this point, cause keeps dropping, I'm not really buying much

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
If the market can continue to show strength into next week, I'll put some of my sidelined cash back into some of my long positions. Not trying to catch the bottom or top, just staying a step behind safely.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Sheepinator I noticed this news article from yesterday. Not sure how this will affect selling pressure heading into the end of the month for BABA shares.

www.cnbc.com

Stock index giant MSCI to start tracking Alibaba's Hong Kong shares instead of U.S. shares

Index giant MSCI announced that after the close on May 27, its global indexes will track Alibaba's shares listed in Hong Kong, rather than New York.

Browsing the weekly chart, looks like it basically round tripped.

HztIbme.png

As long as it doesn't fall off a cliff again, I'll be willing to wait it out.

Feel like this is what the market's going to be doing for a bit. Just bouncing between the danger zone and the mediocre zone.

Yeah, this seems to be the case. Save after save after save. If it breaks, probably won't be pretty because there is no one else left to save it. At least not for a decent sized dip first.

PLTR and TTCF going up decently. I would love to see them going back to pre-March level.

Do you mean 40 dollars for PLTR? I don't know if we see that again for awhile, unless valuations get thrown out the window again.

Last edited:

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
So I just realized that I am raisin brained and didn't realize that the IRS extended the tax due date till the 17th, so I started a Roth IRA and put 3k into 2021 instead, not knowing that I could have chosen 2020 instead

Oct 28, 2017
"I'm thinking of going long on April wheat."

What do I need to invest in commodities? Is there an app or is that still locked behind brokerage firms.

Status
Not open for further replies.