• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will NVDA's market cap overtake AAPL?

• During March-May (earnings in May)

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • During June-August (earnings in August)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • During September-November (earnings in November)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • During December-February '25 (earnings in February '25)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Not in the next year, you shall not pass!

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • #TeamApple back to #1 this CY, fly you fools!

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
AMD weekly chart currently wedged between base breakout and long term channel uptrend.

AMD_2022-04-12_10-38-47.png

Yup, full agreement, was just stating that near-term margin squeezes or decreased demand have been pointed at before...which killed the price for a good year...but ultimately don't change it's outlook with the long-term horizon.

I agree that it and other stocks like Tesla that went absolutely bonkers during the retail rush will need to consolidate sideways for a while or they'll push to peaks and bounce right back down due to waves of institutional selling like you pointed out a few posts back.

Semiconductors definitely do have a cyclical nature to them.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like tech hasn't budged since yesterday. Was expecting Nvidia, Google, MS and AMD to drop just a few more percentage points.
Someone needs to put the pressure on OPEC to pump more oil. Long term, the west needs to get serious about not using oil. Nice to see used cars begin to invert. Housing may be next as mortgage rates continue to rise.
MBS holds our collective balls and shaft in his iron grip. We needed to be off oil twenty years ago.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Google has fallen off a cliff the last week. Both this and Microsoft getting closer to those lows again. Power hour incoming when the institutions come back.

Last edited:

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I see China issued new video game approvals today for the first time in 9ish months. They used to approve around 90 or so games a month but this current batch the number is down to 45. Not exactly the best signal for new releases in the region going forward. With this change feeling like it's due to economic issues and the mass amount of studio closures in the last few months. Then it is with the government feeling like they have a handle on it.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
Apple is an absolute unit of a rock. Everyone else slipping and they're holding steady. They really might be propping up the economy lol.

j_rocca42

Oct 25, 2017
PNW
Abbvie 😢

I guess I shouldn't be too sad. I need to buy more and didn't really want to buy at the ATH.

Last edited:

less

Oct 25, 2017
I see China issued new video game approvals today for the first time in 9ish months. They used to approve around 90 or so games a month but this current batch the number is down to 45. Not exactly the best signal for new releases in the region going forward. With this change feeling like it's due to economic issues and the mass amount of studio closures in the last few months. Then it is with the government feeling like they have a handle on it.

Yeah...this is entirely about economic issues. I imagine that once the situation in China becomes more stable we will see a tightening of the screws once again.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Yeah...this is entirely about economic issues. I imagine that once the situation in China becomes more stable we will see a tightening of the screws once again.
Yea I'm not convinced like some analysts I read that this is the end of it all. Feels much more like a stop gap olive branch then a sign it's over. Still could take another 2-3 years before it starts again.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Elon to buy Twitter

www.bloomberg.com

Elon Musk Makes $43 Billion Unsolicited Bid to Take Twitter Private

Billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk offered to take Twitter Inc. private in a deal valued at $43 billion, lambasting company management and saying he’s the person who can unlock the “extraordinary potential” of a communication platform used daily by more than 200 million people.

Honestly if TWTR dips under $50 at the open I think I'll buy some shares for a (hopefully) quick day trade and profit. My hunch is TWTR climbs pretty good today on this news.

JackDT

Oct 27, 2017

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Herr Musk will be dumping his shares later in the day. He won't disclose that for a couple of weeks or until the SEC actually makes him, of course.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I wouldn't go near TWTR. Based on an informal proposal from a troll with a very long history of pump and dumps, including when he lied about "funding secured" for his own company, it's currently about t0% below the proposed buyout price. And it's worth nowhere near this price without the buyout offer. Musk even sets up his latest pump and dump in the letter, threatening to dump all his shares if they don't accept his one and only offer.

Meanwhile, ATVI is three months into a formal acquisition process which is very likely to succeed, by a very serious company, and it's 17% below the buyout price. And it's arguably worth at least the current price without a buyout offer anyway.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
TSM crushed estimates and forecast above analyst estimates too.

The company, better known as TSMC, earned $1.40 per U.S. share on sales of $17.57 billion in the March quarter. Analysts had expected TSMC to earn $1.27 a share on sales of $16.74 billion, according to FactSet. In the year-earlier period, TSMC earned 95 cents a share on sales of $12.77 billion.

For the second quarter, TSMC forecast revenue of $17.6 billion to $18.2 billion. The midpoint of $17.9 billion tops Wall Street's consensus estimate of $17.33 billion.

Taiwan Semi predicted a gross profit margin of 56% to 58% in the June quarter. That's up from 55.6% in the March quarter.

www.investors.com

Taiwan Semiconductor Crushes First-Quarter Targets, Guides Higher

Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing, the world's top chip foundry, on Thursday smashed expectations for the first quarter. TSM stock wavered.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'm old enough to remember a few months ago when Musk was against the wealth tax proposed by some Dems, because his money is all tied up or something. He can find $43BN cash for this though.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I'm old enough to remember a few months ago when Musk was against the wealth tax proposed by some Dems, because his money is all tied up or something. He can find $43BN cash for this though.

I've read rumors that Musk could be sourcing the money from private equity or some other private entities. So it is possible the money to buy Twitter won't be Musk's money at all?

Deleted member 5876

Big Seller
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When he inevitably dumps his shares because they won't agree to his buyout offer I hope the SEC slaps him with a multi million dollar fine for being a jackass.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Elon Musk pump and dump again. He doesn't want to buy Twitter. He is using this as cover as reason to offload shares.

TSM crushed estimates and forecast above analyst estimates too.

The company, better known as TSMC, earned $1.40 per U.S. share on sales of $17.57 billion in the March quarter. Analysts had expected TSMC to earn $1.27 a share on sales of $16.74 billion, according to FactSet. In the year-earlier period, TSMC earned 95 cents a share on sales of $12.77 billion.

For the second quarter, TSMC forecast revenue of $17.6 billion to $18.2 billion. The midpoint of $17.9 billion tops Wall Street's consensus estimate of $17.33 billion.

Taiwan Semi predicted a gross profit margin of 56% to 58% in the June quarter. That's up from 55.6% in the March quarter.

www.investors.com

Taiwan Semiconductor Crushes First-Quarter Targets, Guides Higher

Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing, the world's top chip foundry, on Thursday smashed expectations for the first quarter. TSM stock wavered.

Tagged the 20 day moving average on open, instant sell off. Fascinating. Now the gap up window from april 13 trying to hold.

Last edited:

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
Musk used to be my evidence that billionaires could help push technology forward. Fast-forward a couple years and now he's my evidence that billionaires are a mistake and shouldn't exist. Dude won the game of life and now he's just griefing for fun.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
While a lot of things are dying, Coca Cola stock keeps zooming upward after holding at the 2021 double top high.

KO_2022-04-14_12-32-24.png

I'm laughing at this chart because the 9 day EMA can't even keep up right now. I would say this is pretty extended now haha.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha, forgot about that.

SPY and QQQ were both close to max pain on close. Going about as low as one can go without breaking down further. Might be lucky that the clock struck zero.

Hopefully this isn't future for the next couple weeks: gap down, sideways chop, gap down, sideways chop, rinse and repeat:

QQQ_2022-04-14_15-03-07.png

This will be painful in terms of time correction. But I guess this is better than falling off the cliff completely. Which could still happen if bigger institutions start panicking. This sell off still seems a little orderly to me.

370 region looks like some pretty hardcore resistance right now too.

Last edited:

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
Got a couple of Google shares and that was one expensive purchase. Never in my life would I have ever thought of spending as much money on anything else as I have on stocks/etfs as of late. I've never even bought a pc worth more than $1500 and PC gaming is THE hobby for me. The color red has been good to me so far. Just gotta hope the red doesn't intensify too much. Still hoping Nvidia and MS drop a bit further, though. Now AMD is also sitting there are pretty like at sub $95.

I need more money. Anybody want some plasma?

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
I did not like that AMD close today. AMD spiked the 100 week moving average by about 25 cents yesterday and had a nice bounce. Then it gave back this bounce and then some, closing below the 100 week moving average today.

Zooming into the 15 minute AMD chart I could tell my levels were on point from that weekly AMD chart I posted on the top of this page:

AMD_2022-04-14_15-16-09.png

Initially bounced at the top of the base. Then found resistance at the rising pivot. Sold off and rallied next from a bounce off the 100 week moving average. Then gave up the top of the base again and just faded into close today.

Now it will be important for AMD to recapture above the 100 week moving average on weekly close, as soon as possible. Definitely needs get back over roughly 95-97 range on a short term basis now in an attempt to hold on a longer term basis. Otherwise might be looking at 85-89 range. Though closing at 93 today makes it not too far in either direction.

Edit: I should say the commentary above is looking at it for a trade. Long term who knows. As long as the company stays strong (Maybe they gain marketshare from Nvidia with Navi 33?), I would guess this dip is a longer term buying opportunity. But nothing is guaranteed.

Last edited:

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Better yet, let's get a retest around 60. 🥰

AMD_2022-04-14_15-49-14.png

Not exactly my base case for AMD to fall this far, but I keep track of these moonshot numbers just in case of market contagion which keeps pushing stocks lower.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
ARK Invest released their new price predictions for TSLA in 2026, they've gone up:

Bear Case: $2885
Base Case: $4641
Bull Case: $5784

ARK has been very accurate with respect to Tesla's valuation over the years so far, in fact they've usually been a bit too conservative surprisingly enough. My hunch is the bear case is the most likely outcome, but that would still be a fantastic five year return. If it gets anywhere near the base or bull case by 2026 then Holy Shit.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
ARK Invest released their new price predictions for TSLA in 2026, they've gone up:

Bear Case: $2885
Base Case: $4641
Bull Case: $5784

ARK has been very accurate with respect to Tesla's valuation over the years so far, in fact they've usually been a bit too conservative surprisingly enough. My hunch is the bear case is the most likely outcome, but that would still be a fantastic five year return. If it gets anywhere near the base or bull case by 2026 then Holy Shit.

Yeah wow, that base # is pretty insane. Even the bear at $3,000 is a bit eye popping.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah wow, that base # is pretty insane. Even the bear at $3,000 is a bit eye popping.

Looking at ARK's numbers they give a lot of valuation to robotaxi's in 2026, too much IMHO. Personally I'm not counting on anything from robotaxi's until they exist and are an actual thing. However, ARK also seems to be forecasting too low a revenue number for the pure car business, many analyst projections I've seen forecast more than ARK is purely on the auto business five years out.

I think a valuation right around ARK's bear case is a good bet. If robotaxi's do happen that soon then they'll just be icing on the cake.

ViperVisor

Oct 29, 2017
Only way this isn't a crackpot # is if they are assuming the EV part of BBB passes somehow.

.69420% chance that happens

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
I would take ARK's bear case. Tripling the current value in 4 years is more than enough for me. Everything else is just extra.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Only way this isn't a crackpot # is if they are assuming the EV part of BBB passes somehow.

.69420% chance that happens

I hear this response a lot, people can't believe the stock value could be worth THAT much by 2026, but surprisingly the financial math checks out as long as Tesla continues to grow along expected trends.

ARK's bear case is ~$2900 for 2026. Tesla expects to grow production & deliveries of their cars by at least 50% per year, which they have been consistently meeting or even exceeding. That gives us these car delivery numbers:

2021: 936,223 (actual deliveries)
2022: 1,404,334 (50% projected growth)
2023: 2,106,502
2024: 3,159,753
2025: 4,739,629
2026: 7,109,443

So let's just say 7,000,000 cars delivered in 2026. The current four factories combined can almost do that now once they all fully ramp up, but Tesla will have even more factories by 2026. At a very modest 14.75% profit margin (it will be higher than this by 2026) and an average vehicle price of $46,500 (which is quite a bit lower than it is today), PLUS energy sales growing along a linear projection (energy sales will be more exponential because they have been, but lets be conservative), that would equal revenues of about $475 billion for 2026. NOTE this does not equal anything for robotaxis, nor the robot, nor anything else that might come along the way. Just cars and very modest energy sales.

We then get the following share prices for TSLA given a few different possible PE Ratios for 2026:

PE of 150: $9,297
PE of 120: $7,438
PE of 100: $6,198
PE of 80: $4,958
PE of 65: $4,029
PE of 50: $3,099
PE of 35: $2,169
PE of 25: $1,550

So it all comes down to what PE Ratio you think the market will give Tesla in 2026 and whether or not you think they'll hit their targets, which they historically have done. For a company of that size growing at that rate, a PE between 50 to 100 isn't uncommon at all. Tesla's current PE is ~200 but I do expect that to fall over the next few years as the company grows in size, just like it did for Amazon, Google, and Apple as they ran up their S-curves of growth.

So, mathematically, the large numbers aren't as crazy as they initially seem to be. The math actually checks out.

Last edited:

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Just anecdotal, but it feels like other car companies are now catching up to where Tesla was 3-5 years ago. This weekend I saw a couple Mustang EVs, a Kia EV6, and two of the new Ioniq 5s. Is there any chance Tsla can keep up the current level of sales with much more competition?

Oct 27, 2017
I think popular non-Tesla EVs are still in limited supply and not available in every state. I don't think Kia even sells EVs here in Minnesota because of something to do with ZEV classification which impacts margins. If Tesla can get all of its gigafactories up and going I imagine they would actually be able to produce a profitable "$20,00O car", if competition ever made it necessary.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
The volatility in 2x commodity ETFs (bull or bear) remind me of how I got out of trading commodities years ago 😅