• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will NVDA's market cap overtake AAPL?

• During March-May (earnings in May)

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • During June-August (earnings in August)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • During September-November (earnings in November)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • During December-February '25 (earnings in February '25)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Not in the next year, you shall not pass!

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • #TeamApple back to #1 this CY, fly you fools!

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chaos-Theory

Dec 6, 2018
On Thursday, shares in Roku jumped after company unveiled a partnership with Walmart to make TV streaming the next frontier in online shopping by closely tieing entertainment to an e-commerce store. Going beyond the QR code, TV viewers will be able to use their remote device during a shoppable TV commercial to select a product and go directly to checkout using Roku Pay, Roku's payments platform.
Walmart will be the exclusive retailer to allow streamers to shorten the time from inspiration to purchase, as products are fulfilled by Walmart directly on Roku's streaming platform. By tapping "OK" on the Walmart checkout page, the order will be instantly done and emailed details will follow with shipping, return and support information.
Roku Stock Jumps After Unveiling Walmart E-Commerce Partnership

Reminds me of Idiocracy

AxFOx38.png

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I keep waiting for the bottom so I can dump some $$ in to my ETFs, but... We just never hit it.
I would say you should start DCAing in right now. Put some percentage in of what you are holding every month to smooth out any risk of missing completely. The market is far enough down at this point that you are already getting in at some discount, don't try to time the exact bottom because you likely won't know when it happens.

Laughton

Apr 19, 2022
Futures pretty much died before the open, so should be pretty flat today, at least to begin with. Don't see today being another bloodbath.

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
I like it so far. But tempted to sell some stuff before the next bloodbath. Is that how capitulation feels :S

Edit: and here we go

Last edited:

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I would say you should start DCAing in right now. Put some percentage in of what you are holding every month to smooth out any risk of missing completely. The market is far enough down at this point that you are already getting in at some discount, don't try to time the exact bottom because you likely won't know when it happens.

This is a reasonable take... I'm gonna wait until I start to see inflation begin to cool before I start dumping money in but you're probably correct- We have to be near the bottom.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
If you're buying individual stocks and DCA ing grab a dart, close your eyes, and throw it at a board that has AMZN, GOOG, or CRM right now. Then buy it.

Add MSFT to this mix if that drops another $10 for whatever reason (it's still a good buy).

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
I got a new job this spring and in early May moved my old job's 401k to my IRA where it's been in cash. I'm DCA'ing in 25k every 2 weeks starting this week. Pretty lucky timing I think. Hope it works out.

Oct 27, 2017
I mostly have my investments in VTSAX but of my handful of individual stocks, I'm tempted to pick up some more NVDA and AMD. I'm holding those long so both of them being at about 1 year lows has them looking nice. Then again I suck at timing any kind of individual stock purchases- I was just DCA'ing in a little in stuff like NVDA, AMD and MSFT when the pandemic first started then kind of held off as they got pricier last year until I wisely bought a bunch more late last year/early this year when they were just about hitting peak.

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
2/3 of yesterdays loss recovered. Very happy about that. But I decided to sell some stuff. All my Nio and BEAM. The former is down since, the latter went up significantly since, sigh.
In general, biotech seems to be having a massively positive day. Literally every single biotech stock I have is up 6-12%. Wish I knew why.

LJ11

Oct 25, 2017
If this market sell off manifests a complete collapse of crypto I'd say the cost was worth it.

It's cleansed a lot of the stupidity, not just in crypto, it was obvious back in late '20 culminating with GME/meme fiasco.

Lot of hurt folks though, some lessons learned, be aware of the charlatans.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Stupidly enough, I think GME and AMC could outlast some of this crypto insanity. Those meme stocks are low on institutional investment and just full of people hodling. BTC has become an investment strategy that's spawned numerous platforms and even banks. When the big fish have to pull out, through margin calls or bankruptcy or whatever, the whole market is going to crash hard. This is just the beginning, imo.

If you're in crypto, you need to hope for an immediate economic reversal, allowing for easier access to money to keep those big boys solvent. I don't see it happening, though.

GME still confuses me, it is up 48% this month.

Probably the apes bailing on crypto and going back to old faithful.

LJ11

Oct 25, 2017
No denying that crypto is leveraged to the gills, which creates feedbacks throughout the class. Those folks speed ran modern Finance, wild in many ways.

Huggie

Oct 22, 2018
Is Disney looking like a good price right now? I know its hard to catch a falling knife. But its looking pretty tasty.

dhlt25

Oct 27, 2017
Is Disney looking like a good price right now? I know its hard to catch a falling knife. But its looking pretty tasty.
don't do DIS, I'd rather buy index or money making machine like AAPL. I missed out on a huge bull cyle last time because I was stuck holding DIS at 90 for like 4 years. It's not worth it

dhlt25

Oct 27, 2017
That's not a very good reason not to buy Disney.
yes it is, it moves like molasses with terrible dividend, there's a lot of risk with parks/ESPN. when a stock move slower than the actual index it's a terrible investment

Edit: look at the 5 year return on SPY vs DIS and tell me if DIS is a good investment

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
yes it is, it moves like molasses with terrible dividend, there's a lot of risk with parks/ESPN. when a stock move slower than the actual index it's a terrible investment

Edit: look at the 5 year return on SPY vs DIS and tell me if DIS is a good investment

I think you're putting to much emphasis on past performance (and you know they say about relying on past performance), especially during a time where they had not yet established an important part of their future business, their D± streaming platform... You know Netflix's entire business model...? (Which continues to struggle with new content to keep people locked in).

Disney has ton of IP to leverage and flexibility in doing so. Obviously they need to do things the right way to be successful, but content is king and they have clear competitive advantage here.

For the record, I think there are several better buys than Disney at the moment and I think that there's more risk than I'd like to see in terms of their current leaserahip and management. But, I also think that Disney is relatively undervaled right now and still has a solid future ahead due to them diversifying their revenue making strategies with the expansion on their streaming services.

Oct 30, 2017
At least, dividend payout for MSCI World and SP500 ETFs is going to be highest it's ever been (at least my iShares one) at the end of the month.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
So what kind of pain can we expect tomorrow? As these days I only assume things will either be bad or very bad.

Chaos-Theory

Dec 6, 2018
So what kind of pain can we expect tomorrow? As these days I only assume things will either be bad or very bad.
Don't know but going by macroeconomic factors, we are in for more pain down the line.
I will be surprised if we don't end up in a recession by EOY or in early 2023.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Futures still green. Up bigly. Let's see if this dead cat bounce holds~ 🤡
Until there is some actual positive sentiment or earnings or world news I would not think any gains are going to be permanent. At best we will be going sideways for a bit here, especially with future rate hikes still on the way.

Chaos-Theory

Dec 6, 2018
Dan Niles, a fund manager, admitted on CNBC that he is going to short every bear market rally.

Meanwhile, CEO of Docusign steps down.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I bought long-dated ATVI calls. It's at a 21% discount to the buyout price which is huge, and I do expect the buyout to go through, and within 12 months. Even if it doesn't, ATVI gets $3BN and is maybe fairly priced here anyway. I'll look to sell nearer $90 or longer term $95 calls if/when it gets over $80.

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Many hourly charts look similar to the current QQQ hourly. Need to protect that gap up on open today. Especially since it created a semi island bottom on open.

QQQ_2022-06-21_10-39-55.png

Got that bear gap down fill this morning too at 282.91. Resistance so far in this area, and first resistance area to try and get over. Market definitely in a prove it state on any move higher.

Last edited:

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
www.linkedin.com

Reducing Inflation Will Come at a Great Cost: Stagflation

For me, hearing supposed “experts” talk about what’s now happening in the markets and economy is like listening to nails scratch against a chalkboard because they are typically saying incorrect things in an erudite rather than commonsense way. Markets and economic movements are driven by much simple

Good read by Ray Dalio

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
I bought long-dated ATVI calls. It's at a 21% discount to the buyout price which is huge, and I do expect the buyout to go through, and within 12 months. Even if it doesn't, ATVI gets $3BN and is maybe fairly priced here anyway. I'll look to sell nearer $90 or longer term $95 calls if/when it gets over $80.

Yeah, I've been buying some ATVI lately, that 20% discount is too good to pass up, and from everything I've read I think the deal has a really good chance of going through, certainly better odds than the coin flip that buying anything else is these days lol.
How far out are these calls you bought? Seems like a tempting strategy, though I'm wary of trying to predict when the market will react to the buyout.

Laughton

Apr 19, 2022
Is Powell going to be speaking again today? Will he say something to pump the markets just so they can crash even harder tomorrow?