• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will NVDA's market cap overtake AAPL?

• During March-May (earnings in May)

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • During June-August (earnings in August)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • During September-November (earnings in November)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • During December-February '25 (earnings in February '25)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Not in the next year, you shall not pass!

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • #TeamApple back to #1 this CY, fly you fools!

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
SOFI beat expectations and improved their forecast! LFG!
Not surprised. Only reason why I haven't been buying more is that more focused on wide moat companies that have a nice discount. If SoFi's recovery is relatively much slower, I will buy a little more.

I bought a fat stack of SOFI at $5.52. Let's g
Nice. I picked up some in may for $5.24. I just could not resist getting something at this price.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
SOFI is back?

AMD beat estimates and reiterated its forecast. Falls 5%. This fucking market.
AMD usually has bigger upside surprises, for both earnings and guidance. This is probably the real issue with the PC slowdown. Their enterprise business is eating intels lunch though.

AMD also ran from 74 to 99 in a straight line the last four weeks heading into earnings. Vertical moves normally unsustainable without some sort of pullback. Especially when it runs the first test of a former breakdown area, like AMD did at 100. Let's see if it can get a mid 80s pullback hold.

The current after hours pullback into the low 90s isn't that bad after the run it had. Holding up fairly well at the moment. Now awaiting opening day market action, when more volume comes in.

Last edited:

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, not to keep harping on it but uh Fuck Yes. Hopefully this is the end of the downtrend for SOFI. I'm in the green and they are currently up 23%!

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
A bit depressing to see SoFi up 23% and still be down 25% on my average cost…
Oh well, any gains in this current market makes me happy. Hit a new all time high today partly due to SoFi.
Please don't crash :o

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, not to keep harping on it but uh Fuck Yes. Hopefully this is the end of the downtrend for SOFI. I'm in the green and they are currently up 23%!
And there's still student loan action on the table. I think that there's upside there after some uncertainty is taken away. One thing to keep in mind is SoFi focuses on highish net worth individuals (or on a path of becoming), so the parameters for who/what the program covers will be important.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
And there's still student loan action on the table. I think that there's upside there after some uncertainty is taken away. One thing to keep in mind is SoFi focuses on highish net worth individuals (or on a path of becoming), so the parameters for who/what the program covers will be important.
Yeah, long term I think they have a very strong business plan. I started using their app and some services and it is a nice package overall, it needs some work around the edges but it made me want to invest more in them. Considering they were a student loan company and managed to successfully audible out of that during this moratorium I think it shows good leadership.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I wonder if there's anyone out there that has big investments in $KSPN that are enjoying a 119.38% jump today randomly

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, long term I think they have a very strong business plan. I started using their app and some services and it is a nice package overall, it needs some work around the edges but it made me want to invest more in them. Considering they were a student loan company and managed to successfully audible out of that during this moratorium I think it shows good leadership.

I did my first refinancing of my student loans with SoFi in 2012/2013. I've literally seen their growth from there to where they are now and have followed changes in their app once they started building out their SoFi Money service. They have spent quite a bit on promotional expenses from customer acquisition costs in the form of giving customers cash to open up investment and bank accounts as well as offering student loan rate discounts. I think it seems to be working and the one defining strategic move was getting that bank charter to allow them more flexibility in running their business. Going forward they just need to execute much better on customer service and need to include basic features that other major online banks have (zelle support, ability to assign death beneficiary, ability to download transactional data).

Not sure what their software/engineering/product design team has been doing over the past year...

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
MRNA got a huge boost today. It looks like I have missed my chance to increase my position.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, LCID had a terrible first half of 2022 and has drastically lowered guidance for the rest of the year.

I hope nobody here owns any LCID stock, they are in trouble. :(

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
BABA earnings better than expected, wish I had bought that dip on the de-listing crap but stayed away to not put money in before earnings.

Bought some ABNB yesterday morning though, the earnings two quarters in a row looked way too good to justify that initial 10% drop on top of the recent market induced slide.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Can't complain that much cause I have a bunch of AMD, but I wish I held onto my calls instead of selling them yesterday morning.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Not a trader and I'm admittedly a complete dunce when it comes to finances. But AMTD has landed on my radar. Does anyone here have an idea of what is going on with that stock and why it's currently valued as high as it is?

A lot of media and financial analysis assumes it's the work of /r/wallstreetbets, which, hey sounded about right to me, but they're denying that this is another of their pump & dump schemes and for what it's worth I couldn't find any discussion about AMTD there until AFTER the stock blew up a couple days ago.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
I might buy some more SQ tomorrow if it stays down (7% ah). Earnings right around expectations (although a massive draw back with Cash App) and that's with a reported loss due to BTC investment. Maybe the stock will do an AMD.

I also use Square everyday and think it's a good product.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Renewables have been going off lately and now that IRA is basically guaranteed now, are they gonna go up even more or was the gain already built off the expectation of a passing of the bill lol

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Renewables have been going off lately and now that IRA is basically guaranteed now, are they gonna go up even more or was the gain already built off the expectation of a passing of the bill lol

I was actually looking at companies that make heat pumps like Carrier and Trane, in addition to automakers.

Any other opportunities out there?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Funny watching the market respond to positive job reports with Sell! Sell! Sell!

What a twisted economy we are in right now.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
The market can't figure out if we're in a recession, not in a recession, going into a recession, going to avoid a recession, etc. I'll just keep accumulating.

Also, good news for the meme traders!
The special dividend of one AMC Preferred Equity unit will be issued for each share of AMC Class A common stock, par value $0.01 per share, outstanding at the close of business on Aug. 15. The special dividend is expected to be paid at the close of business on Aug. 19. AMC has applied to list its AMC Preferred Equity Units on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "APE," starting Aug. 22.