• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will NVDA's market cap overtake AAPL?

• During March-May (earnings in May)

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • During June-August (earnings in August)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • During September-November (earnings in November)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • During December-February '25 (earnings in February '25)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Not in the next year, you shall not pass!

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • #TeamApple back to #1 this CY, fly you fools!

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
3900 is max pain. Will the market movers start pushing it in that direction to try and get as close to it as possible by the end of the trading day? 📈

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
EVGA terminating business with NVidia... my stock..... my fav GPU vendor......

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
EVGA terminating business with NVidia... my stock..... my fav GPU vendor......
This is pretty huge. Can't wait to see how Hardware Unboxed and Gamers Nexus cover this. I wonder what they mean about mistreatment? Is it from consumers or Nvidia themselves?
Won't even look at Apple unless under 130.

Bought more CRM and some MSFT
Yeah, I feel the same way. I missed out big time on Apple at $130. Got some more MS and Google at these lower prices, though. Adobe going a little lower will be very tempting as well.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
This is pretty huge. Can't wait to see how Hardware Unboxed and Gamers Nexus cover this.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I missed out big time on Apple at $130. Got some more MS and Google at these lower prices, though. Adobe going a little lower will be very tempting as well.
GN seems to be the one breaking the news. They're out of the GPU business in general. Funnily enough NVDA is up today so maybe I'm just a sad consumer ha

Darkatomz

Oct 27, 2017
CA
This is pretty huge. Can't wait to see how Hardware Unboxed and Gamers Nexus cover this. I wonder what they mean about mistreatment? Is it from consumers or Nvidia themselves?
Seems like poor communication and lower margins. It definitely sucks as a consumer, but don't think this will negatively affect Nvidia at the end of the day.
www.tomshardware.com

EVGA Abandons the GPU Market, Reportedly Citing Conflicts With Nvidia

A huge shift in the GPU business.
wccftech.com

EVGA Quits NVIDIA, No More GeForce GPUs From Green Team's Top AIB Partner

In a shocking move, EVGA announced that they are quitting the GPU business with NVIDIA after 22 years & not offer any new graphics card.

I'm going to wait another week before I consider dip buying, at least until after the next rate hike. Don't think we are at rock bottom yet.

Laughton

Apr 19, 2022
If Bitcoin dips below 18k again, I wonder if it actually stays there this time. Whenever it has teased sub 18k, it has had some impressive bounces.

Of course I guess it's tied to the stock market. If stocks won't rebound again, crypto probably won't either.

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
Man just checked one of my stock accounts and the four stocks I have ('ve got a bunch of ETFs elsewhere) are Moderna, Alibaba, TSMC and Boeing, down 25% on all of them, they just keep digging new depths. First time I've ever been this down on investments so it sucks but with the exception of Moderna still feel like they have more in them over the next 5 years.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to hold on, but Google's stock looks to be shit. I feel like I want to sell and dump into Starbucks since that's been taking off like a rocket for me.

thedracocat

Jun 13, 2022
My Delta stock is back to green, so that's nice.

My only other green stock is a company I saw on 60 Minutes a few months ago-- they're intending to be the world's first unmanned "Sky Taxi". They're called Joby Aviation. I threw $100 at them when they were $4.90 and now they're $5.52. Hurray!

Laughton

Apr 19, 2022
Is something happening tomorrow other than another rate increase? Since it's probably another .75, I can't imagine it's going to be very dramatic.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Is something happening tomorrow other than another rate increase? Since it's probably another .75, I can't imagine it's going to be very dramatic.

I think its more on what the Fed says than the .75 bps increase. I think people will (just like July) be hanging on for anything they can interpret as being dovish.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
if they do 1 it'll be like the sky is falling
if they say hawkish shit while doing .75, the sky will fall
if they do anything less, to the moon

imo they do .75, nothing happens then a flash crash around end of the day like always because of something irrelevant 🤷‍♂️

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
This has to be a trap right?

hqdefault.jpg

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Rate is out, it's 0.75 increase. Wall Street ain't liking it, going down already...could be knee jerk reactions though.

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
Surprising it goes down on a 0.75% hike. Definitely says something about the overall mood, compared to earlier hikes.
Still close to no change for the day, it is a fairly mild reaction.

NMNR

Oct 29, 2017
Pretty sure Powell wants to restore the interst rate environment to more modest levels in the event monetary policy needs to be relied upon again...

J.T

Nov 22, 2017
Had hope for 1% to get a bigger discount on more share but w/e. Bought more MSFT and finally got some Google.

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
Fed Officials See Inflation of 5.4% at End of 2022; 2.8% for 2023; 2.3% for 2024; 2.0% for 2025
Europe stares enviously at those predictions :D

Dollar skyrocketing.
The dollar is one of the few things that has made me some money this year. Half of the money I have set aside for stocks was in USD. I exchanged a bunch back when the dollar hit 7.2 EUR, since it was so high... bad choice. Now I dont have any USD left outside of what I have placed in stocks, so cant really take advantage of it anymore.
Will be painful when it turns around.