• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will NVDA's market cap overtake AAPL?

• During March-May (earnings in May)

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • During June-August (earnings in August)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • During September-November (earnings in November)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • During December-February '25 (earnings in February '25)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Not in the next year, you shall not pass!

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • #TeamApple back to #1 this CY, fly you fools!

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Blows my mind that investors are losing confidence in Apple. It's Apple.

I don't think this is people losing confidence in companies like Apple and Amazon, this is simply investors expecting the Fed to fuck things up even more than they have already. Partly because the Fed keeps stating they want to Fuck Things Up.

Inflation is reducing, unfortunately the Fed looks at lagging indicators and are going to over react, which will of course just hurt things even more. I think Wall Street is sending a message, across the board, because Apple is still a great company yet it's being sold off. Tesla is about to report its best quarter EVER and yet its down 60% this year.

These sell offs are not a confidence problem with the companies, its a confidence problem with the Fed.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
I don't think this is people losing confidence in companies like Apple and Amazon, this is simply investors expecting the Fed to fuck things up even more than they have already. Partly because the Fed keeps stating they want to Fuck Things Up.

Inflation is reducing, unfortunately the Fed looks at lagging indicators and are going to over react, which will of course just hurt things even more. I think Wall Street is sending a message, across the board, because Apple is still a great company yet it's being sold off. Tesla is about to report its best quarter EVER and yet its down 60% this year.

These sell offs are not a confidence problem with the companies, its a confidence problem with the Fed.

I think in the short term (until the end of the year), institutions will want to dump their holdings and let retail hold their bags; they can come back in once the capitulation happens.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Whats era's take on TSLA stock at the moment?

I bought shares back in 2015(wish I bought more then) and then more shares from 2019 until my last in 2022. Trying to decide if I should just sell/hold or buy more. Anybody else sticking it out? Seems like most analysts still have it as a hold or buy. But Musk being a fucking dumbfuck with Twitter is worrying.

I'm a bit concerned with Elon selling stock to keep Twitter afloat, especially with Twitter's huge debt. https://www.reuters.com/business/mu...slash-twitter-debt-bloomberg-news-2022-12-08/

I also remembered this article from last year

markets.businessinsider.com

'The Big Short' investor Michael Burry says Elon Musk may want to sell Tesla stock to cover his personal debts — and compares the market to the Dutch tulip bubble

Burry rejoined Twitter to suggest why Musk may be looking to cash out and to draw a parallel between tulip mania and market speculation today.

Specifically this bit

Instead, Burry's theory is that Musk needs some cash to service the loans he's taken out using his Tesla stock. That practice drew heavy scrutiny this summer after a ProPublica investigation detailed how some of the world's wealthiest people borrowed against their stock to minimize their tax burdens.

I really wonder how far Elon is going to ride Twitter out before something drastic happens. How badly will high interest rates hurt him?

Laughton

Apr 19, 2022
I wonder are we going down to 3400-3500 again or if we get a bounce before that. I don't see it breaking below 3400s, though.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
4Kgax6v.png

LMAO he had an out to maybe stop the Tesla stocks from tanking. Guess we get to see how low it'll go instead.

Also this https://finance.yahoo.com/news/oppe...severely-damaged-on-musk-drama-163947744.html

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
That narcissist really thought he would "win" that poll huh. I'm not sure how I could be surprised, but at this point Im really okay with him running Twitter and by proxy TSLA near term share price into the absolute ground if he insists on it.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
TSLA is about to go into the $140's. There doesn't appear to be a floor for TSLA, every day it just sinks lower no matter what the market does.

And yet we have record quarter earnings coming in a few weeks, LOL!!!

Immense disconnect between Tesla and TSLA right now.

Birds of Paradise

Enlightened
Sep 20, 2021
TSLA is about to go into the $140's. There doesn't appear to be a floor for TSLA, every day it just sinks lower no matter what the market does.

And yet we have record quarter earnings coming in a few weeks, LOL!!!

Immense disconnect between Tesla and TSLA right now.

I still have some cash that I want to throw at it but I have no idea when. Usually I just DCA but the stock falls every week so it feels kind of stupid to do it now.
Wait until there is some stability or keep up with DCA mhhhhh

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
When is the Tesla meltdown? It's currently about $141. Will $140 be the trigger ?

I doubt it goes below $140 today because the market makers won't want to set any triggers off. They'll wait until tomorrow to try taking it under $140, in my opinion.

And they'll probably do it. There isn't any buying volume to counter the bear raid right now., TSLA appears to be at their mercy. It's only a matter of how low do they want to push it, and when will they let up off the pressure.

At some point they'll switch from bear raid to accumulate, and then they'll let her rip all the way up and sell when they are satisfied with their profits. And probably start the process all over again as long as we have crappy macros.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Some interesting movement in Tesla today.

View: https://twitter.com/followtheh/status/1605234118509436941?s=46&t=v5e1gyg4O7WyXRZDfV18mQ

Seems like some of the big guys are leaving or Elon is selling more.

Elon can't sell any more now until the year is over, he isn't allowed to.

Nah, this is just a typical bear raid. A very successful one though!

EDIT: Part of me feels this might be orchestrated for hedge funds waiting until the Moody's credit upgrade to buy in (Moody's usually changes their ratings at years end). They wouldn't want to buy in at inflated prices, they'd want to buy in as low as possible. And now that the S&P commission has upgraded TSLA to investment grade its only a matter of time until Moody's does too. Once that happens a lot more funds can start accumulating TSLA.

This bear raid could simply be for the hedge funds benefit.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
while everyone's pressed about tesla twitter and what not

target is down 35% for the year
apple is at 52 week lows
amazon is below march 2020 covid lows
disney had the biggest down year since 1974 or someshit
google is at the same PE as consumer commodities
verizon is yeilding 7%

i don't know how you have money leftover for some volitile as fuck car maker when real quality is up for grab 🤷‍♂️