• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will NVDA's market cap overtake AAPL?

• During March-May (earnings in May)

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • During June-August (earnings in August)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • During September-November (earnings in November)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • During December-February '25 (earnings in February '25)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Not in the next year, you shall not pass!

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • #TeamApple back to #1 this CY, fly you fools!

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Sooner or later, GME and BBBY are going to declare bankruptcy and leave many, many bag holders on the wayside.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
smdh at bbby. That company is on the brink of bankruptcy, closing majority of stores and can't find someone to bail them out. Did something change or is it more bs ala gs?

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
smdh at bbby. That company is on the brink of bankruptcy, closing majority of stores and can't find someone to bail them out. Did something change or is it more bs ala gs?

Nothing has changed. It's just another bankruptcy/squeeze play. Shorts piling on after hearing about potential bankruptcy and retail/daytraders looking to squeeze'em out.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely beautiful January. I know it means nothing ans can drop 20% by June like last year but the pain started January 4th.

Market is clearly teetering on edge though for any bad data.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
I fully expect us to be blood red by Friday.

I fully believe next week we'll see a dump. If not tomorrow afternoon.

I think we're going to see a good CPI number tomorrow and a green market by the end of the day/week. My feeling is we're at or very near the turning point.

$SPY is nearing the upper trendline of a downward channel; either it hits resistance around $400 and comes back down (which I am expecting) or it actually breaks out. If you look at the daily/weekly chart, you can see a sort of inverse head and shoulders pattern so who knows. Tomorrow is definitely a turning point in the market, I think.

Also random but there was a random crypto pump like half an hour ago. BTC touched $18K 👀

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
$SPY is nearing the upper trendline of a downward channel; either it hits resistance around $400 and comes back down (which I am expecting) or it actually breaks out.

I have been watching that trendline for a while now. Its been tagging it and retreating each time. But the fact that it didnt go and hit the lower bound this time (nor arguably last time depending on how you draw the channel) could mean that it wants to break out.

Either that or it rejects again and we go back and tag that lower bound again, and this time that would be a long ass free fall.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
PM looking strong at the moment. VIX really ramped up yesterday with everything else going nuts. 50 minutes~

Get ready for the rug pull....

lucy-football-peanuts.gif

Oct 30, 2017
This is what analysts expect by the way:

"According to Dow Jones, economists now expect a decline of 0.1% in the consumer price index on a monthly basis, but inflation is still expected to climb at a 6.5% rate from the prior year. That compares to a gain of 0.1% in November, and a 7.1% pace year over year. However, the CPI is well off the 9.1% peak rate in June.

Core CPI, excluding energy and food, is expected to be up 0.3% in December, gaining 5.7% on a year-over-year basis. Core CPI rose 0.2% in November and 6% on a yearly basis."

www.cnbc.com

Inflation is expected to have declined in December, but it may not be enough to stop the Fed

The pace of consumer inflation is expected to have fallen in December due to lower energy prices, but the annual rate was still likely uncomfortably high.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, that is a surprisingly decent report.

Then why is the market reacting negatively all of a sudden? It's like this damn market is never happy about anything at all, just always fearing its own shadow....

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Huh, that is a surprisingly decent report.

Then why is the market reacting negatively all of a sudden? It's like this damn market is never happy about anything at all, just always fearing its own shadow....

give the market what it wants, "how come it's not even better" *drops

Data is still being digested. Let's see if there's a dump at the open though. Is there any more data today?

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Thinking today is a rally or at worst, flat. Would be good if $SPY can close at or above $395. Expecting a smaller rally tomorrow based on positive reaction from other markets (unless there's a bad data release).

That massive dump from $410 during the last CPI release...someone's gotta get squeezed out. 🤡

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Thinking today is a rally or at worst, flat. Would be good if $SPY can close at or above $395. Expecting a smaller rally tomorrow based on positive reaction from other markets (unless there's a bad data release).

That massive dump from $410 during the last CPI release...someone's gotta get squeezed out. 🤡

Welp so much for that rally 🤡

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
The backwards looking shelter component is high and is going to stay that way for a while. That's going to skew the CPI numbers. The Fed really wants people to go on unemployment, though, so another rate hike is guaranteed.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Fuck it I'll just keep buying. I'm sure when the market eventually recovers people are going to regret not buying.

That is of course something catastrophic doesn't happen….

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
For those in the thread who DCA, do you follow a specific routine routine like "this amount at the end of the week" or is it more spread out randomly?

LJ11

Oct 25, 2017
The backwards looking shelter component is high and is going to stay that way for a while. That's going to skew the CPI numbers. The Fed really wants people to go on unemployment, though, so another rate hike is guaranteed.

Remember, they talked soft with their dot plots fall 21, data wrecked them and they hit overdrive late spring. Now they're talking tough, but if the data keeps trending the way it is they will let off the brakes. Can they time it just right.... Maybe they can get it right enough to not cause serious damage. It's hard to see more than a quarter hike before taking a pause unless the trends break. Most of this inflation run was shortages combined with excess stimulus that is rolling off. I mean when you turn on a podcast these days they're pitching the god damn employee retention credit. Anyway, lets see if the trends cooperate.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Here's a question..

My company (down < 15% over the past year) is starting enrollment for a profit sharing / stock purchasing plan for the 1H. Escrow funds from gross pay amount until after June when shares are purchased at an employee discount (Like 15%). Shares can be sold immediately after buying them in June. Stock is likely to be in a good position from now and in the future for longer term holdings, but is only like 18% off the ATH currently.

Would you:
  1. Allocate the maximum to this account and sell the shares immediately in 6 months, taking the short term holdings penalty making it like a ~10%? return on investment as a whole.
  2. Allocate the maximum to this account and hold for 1 year to take in the discount + potential growth in share price + have the better tax situation.
  3. Keep the money and invest it in other stock because the opportunity to grow >15% in current market conditions between now and July or next June is the better play.
1 and 2 are the safest options with basically guaranteed returns at a nice margin. But given the market fluctuations and how lot of companies have dropped like 40% since the start of the year, maybe the potential for returns is greater by putting it towards these companies than tying it all up in this one stock with less volatility/room for growth.