• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will NVDA's market cap overtake AAPL?

• During March-May (earnings in May)

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • During June-August (earnings in August)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • During September-November (earnings in November)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • During December-February '25 (earnings in February '25)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Not in the next year, you shall not pass!

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • #TeamApple back to #1 this CY, fly you fools!

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
ok I don't get why you are being aggressive at me I was literally just answering some other person's question
I wasn't being aggressive to you. Sorry if it came across that way. I was just stating that what AMC said was no shit, as in no kidding and stating the obvious. It was a response to the AMC article, not you.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Fuck off Elon.

Anyway, looking at the TSLA chart. There's a few bearish things going on. It's recently broken trendlines going back to last August and March 2020. The 21ema is below the 50ma, and it's in a bearish descending triangle from the January peak, with the base at $540 which has been a critical level multiple times so far. If it gets there, I think we'll either see support and with that a bounce to low $600's, or if it fails, then a drop to $465 if the round number $500 fails.

ZwjDT9kL

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
AMC is seeking shareholder approval for yet more dilution. This time they want approval for 25M more shares in 2022.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
They've had a slew of bad news lately:

-Orders in China down nearly 50% in May compared to April.
-Bad PR in China from consumers and state media over braking and auto pilot issues. Several high profile fatal accidents. Losing favor of the CCP is a big deal.
-Recalls of certain Model 3 and Model Y vehicles in US over loose brake caliper bolts.
-Recalls of certain Model 3 and Model Y vehicles in US over seat belt issues.
-Potential delay of production at German factory
-Tesla finally admitting to impact of chip shortages. Raised prices and removed features, including radar sensors and lumbar support adjustors.

The stock is holding up quite well considering. I think it still has a ways down left to go. Stock is around where they were on March 5th 2021 and before that, November 24th 2020.

And Tesla proceeds to produce record number of cars and sell all of them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway hasn't Giga Berlin been "delayed" like 10 times now? So far few of those rumours have panned out. I suspect that the estimated schedule of Giga Berlin has so much air in it that there is some room for a few minor delays without affecting the bigger schedule.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't being aggressive to you. Sorry if it came across that way. I was just stating that what AMC said was no shit, as in no kidding and stating the obvious. It was a response to the AMC article, not you.

lol all good. These meme stock things get so emotional with this shit sometimes it's hard to tell.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck off Elon.

Anyway, looking at the TSLA chart. There's a few bearish things going on. It's recently broken trendlines going back to last August and March 2020. The 21ema is below the 50ma, and it's in a bearish descending triangle from the January peak, with the base at $540 which has been a critical level multiple times so far. If it gets there, I think we'll either see support and with that a bounce to low $600's, or if it fails, then a drop to $465 if the round number $500 fails.

ZwjDT9kL

Yeah, the TSLA chart today isn't looking so positive to me either. And I say that as a very long term TSLA holder who has no intentions of selling for many years.

Tesla the company is doing great right now, they are breaking records with every quarter and accelerating growth on all fronts, with many huge catalysts coming in the next year or two.

However the Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt war against them has ramped up to unprecedented levels, and it's allowing the money makers to manipulate the stock price at will due to relatively low volume. As long as it stays this way I feel the MM's will keep TSLA down and maybe even crash it further to shake the loose shares off the trees so to speak. We could see it go below $500 before it pops upwards again.

That said, in time TSLA is still going to the moon. There will come a point where the fundamentals launch the stock upwards to new plateaus due to how profitable they have become, it's a certainty this happens but WHEN it happens is very much up in the air right now.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Powell speaking and jobs report this morning.

e - Not much from Powell and a miss on the jobs, again. Not as big a miss as last month, though.

Last edited:

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
What's a good long term REIT to look at ATM? Need to find some long term holds to roll amc earnings into.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah like i have VNQ in my watch list, seems like a safe general one? But looking into them for the first time, there's ones that specialize in like cannabis facilities like IIPR, ones centered on retirement homes or data centers and such, idk if it's worth looking into a more specialized one like that or if it's significantly riskier than just something real wide like VNQ. But it's a totally new to me sector i'd like to add to my portfolio so just curious if anyone has recommendations, since some of these seem to move very flat aside from the drop and recovery last year.

O looks intriguing

Last edited:

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in FSRNX and it's the been the best fund in my portfolio this year by far. Up 21.77% this year. I'll probably exit out of it when the sector weakens, though. Not very strong long term.

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
Bad job report => stock rally. I love/hate our silly little world.
I understand why it reacts like that. Doesn't make it better.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
What's a good long term REIT to look at ATM? Need to find some long term holds to roll amc earnings into.
Never to the moon gains, but I always liked REITs for the really good dividends, but they're hard to figure out sometimes. Shopping malls were supposed to be dead, but SPG is doing just fine. Now it's recommended that REITs holding commercial and office buildings should be avoided because of the work from home trend. That makes sense.
Residential holdings always seem like a good REIT. Any REIT that holds residential in a major city sounds good to me.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
How do you guys start off investing? I am slowly throwing money into my brokerage account. So far I threw in like $200. Should I go ahead and just invest that in a ETF or mutual fund or wait until I can bulk it up? I was thinking of dumping and investing right away.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
How do you guys start off investing? I am slowly throwing money into my brokerage account. So far I threw in like $200. Should I go ahead and just invest that in a ETF or mutual fund or wait until I can bulk it up? I was thinking of dumping and investing right away.

Depends on your preferred method of making profit. Do you want short term gains or long term gains because that's what ultimately dictate as to what stocks should be recommended for investing.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Depends on your preferred method of making profit. Do you want short term gains or long term gains because that's what ultimately dictate as to what stocks should be recommended for investing.

I am looking to park money for 5-10 years. I need to build my wealth for a down payment on a house. Savings account ain't cutting it..

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I am looking to park money for 5-10 years. I need to build my wealth for a down payment on a house. Savings account ain't cutting it..
Depends how much risk you want.

Single stocks have potentially more reward than a market ETF, but also much more risk. Maybe you choose to be more aggressive starting out, and get more conservative as you get 1-2 years from needing the money. Playing it safe you could go VTI/SPY for dependable long term returns. QQQ is more tech, should do better. If you don't want to be checking it every day or week, probably best to avoid individual stocks. You might also want to check the Retirement OT in the OP, and consider too getting started with a Roth or similar savings system with tax benefits.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Depends how much risk you want.

Single stocks have potentially more reward than a market ETF, but also much more risk. Maybe you choose to be more aggressive starting out, and get more conservative as you get 1-2 years from needing the money. Playing it safe you could go VTI/SPY for dependable long term returns. QQQ is more tech, should do better. If you don't want to be checking it every day or week, probably best to avoid individual stocks. You might also want to check the Retirement OT in the OP, and consider too getting started with a Roth or similar savings system with tax benefits.

Yes, I actually am going to start adding to my IRA. I just think I need to add more for wealth that I can liquidate. Because I need to start saving for a house. I just feel meh about renting in NYC still. It's expensive and I need more space.

Frag Waffles

Apr 7, 2018
Yes, I actually am going to start adding to my IRA. I just think I need to add more for wealth that I can liquidate. Because I need to start saving for a house. I just feel meh about renting in NYC still. It's expensive and I need more space.
Personally if I needed the money for a house in a few years I would just stick to safer index funds with a touch of growth.

Even then, keeping your money in the stock market always has some risk. I remember last year one of my co workers was all set to buy a house, and then March hit and he was in sheer panic because he needed the money and it was just straight up crashing. So ultimately you'd probably want to monitor it as you get closer.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Personally if I needed the money for a house in a few years I would just stick to safer index funds with a touch of growth.

Even then, keeping your money in the stock market always has some risk. I remember last year one of my co workers was all set to buy a house, and then March hit and he was in sheer panic because he needed the money and it was just straight up crashing. So ultimately you'd probably want to monitor it as you get closer.

That's what I am aiming for. Safer index funds with a touch of growth. Which is why I opened up an account with Fidelity. I think I'll bea ble to move cash there and have everything run through Fidelity. I will be monitoring my portfolio every day, but just to make sure nothing looks funny. I already look at my IRA almost every day.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Whats going on with Nvidia? Pump?
Edit: Makes sense (kinda). Thx.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
AMC insiders dumping.

(Bloomberg) -- AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc. executives and directors sold $8 million in shares of the theater chain Thursday, cashing in on the soaring price of the most-popular meme stock.

Two board members and four executives sold at near record prices, following an eye-popping surge in the stock this week, regulatory filings on Friday showed. Among them were Gary Locke, a former Chinese ambassador who is up for re-election to the board at the company's July 29 annual general meeting, and Carla Chavarria, the company's head of human resources.

Among the six people who sold, Chavarria reported the highest proceeds -- $2.53 million after selling more than 40,000 shares at $62.67. The stock made an all-time high of $72.62 a day earlier. Others who sold include John McDonald, executive vice president of U.S. operations; Daniel Ellis, senior vice president of development; Elizabeth Frank, chief content officer; and board member Anthony Saich.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone able to point me towards the best way to just buy a single stock? I'm in Canada and have interest in just buying a single stock and am looking for the best, easiest, most efficient method. I know I can go through my banks stock purchasing program and buy that way. Or do I go through a broker to buy stock? I only wish to dump money into one stock and sit on it for many years.

Pretend I'm a complete moron and please toss me a bone on how best to proceed with minimal fees and minimal work.

Thank you 😃

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

cakefoo

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone able to point me towards the best way to just buy a single stock? I'm in Canada and have interest in just buying a single stock and am looking for the best, easiest, most efficient method. I know I can go through my banks stock purchasing program and buy that way. Or do I go through a broker to buy stock? I only wish to dump money into one stock and sit on it for many years.

Pretend I'm a complete moron and please toss me a bone on how best to proceed with minimal fees and minimal work.

Thank you 😃
Just advice: Don't put your eggs all in one basket. No matter how untouchable you think a company is today, they could fade into obscurity by the time you're retired. At the very least, invest in something like an ETF, which is basically a shortcut to owning fractional shares of many different companies in one tidy package. Some ETF's are broad and hold many stocks in a variety of industries, like Index ETF's, while others are focused on specific industries, like tech or real estate. But most financial planners would strongly advise that you not concentrate on just a single industry.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Just advice: Don't put your eggs all in one basket. No matter how untouchable you think a company is today, they could fade into obscurity by the time you're retired. At the very least, invest in something like an ETF, which is basically a shortcut to owning fractional shares of many different companies in one tidy package. Some ETF's are broad and hold many stocks in a variety of industries, like Index ETF's, while others are focused on specific industries, like tech or real estate. But most financial planners would strongly advise that you not concentrate on just a single industry.

Thanks for the advice. No need to worry in this case, this is just a one time purchase for my own reasons. Just trying to figure the easiest and best way to actually purchase the stocks