andrew

Oct 25, 2017
Been super excited for this. I hope the talking heads are kept to a minimum and it's mostly unbroken songs and concert footage.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Releasing this Friday on Hulu in the US and Disney+ in Canada. I don't know about other countries.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Just finished watching it and it was so great. Watching members of 5th Dimension watch themselves on that stage 50+ years ago was my favourite part.

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
It's good, some noteworthy performances, but it feels like they kind of try to walk a tight rope of documentary and concert film and maybe it could have been two separate related projects or alternatively a mini-series. I wonder if we'll get more concert footage released as I think they had 40 hours worth.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
It's good, some noteworthy performances, but it feels like they kind of try to walk a tight rope of documentary and concert film and maybe it could have been two separate related projects or alternatively a mini-series. I wonder if we'll get more concert footage released as I think they had 40 hours worth.
I saw it yesterday and this was my same reaction. I would have preferred a six hour miniseries that had more uninterrupted performances and also had the time to situate the festival in the culture/politics/religion of the time period. As it was the overviews of what was going on in the world felt too short and shallow and the performances were broken up, excerpted, and talked over far too often. Let me watch Sonny Sharrock shred for five unbroken minutes!

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
A heads up but this is out on Disney+ and also Hulu today.

I'm probably going to give it a watch within the next few days.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
it was a very interesting watch, and I'll echo the sentiment that I'd love to see more of the unedited concerts.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Still waiting for this to come to normal distribution channels. Been listening to archives of Questlove Supreme for last few months and so many great interviews in there.