• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

stormfire

Nov 26, 2018
switch-oled-1.jpg

switch-oled-4.jpg

nintendoeverything.com

Switch OLED photos provide first in-person look

The first in-person photos of the Switch OLED have surfaced, providing a look at how the device looks in a natural setting.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
It looks nice, but ultimately within a year those joycons are going to be wobbly, squeaky, and randomly sliding off the system prompting the "Connect controller" screen just like my OG model

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
The white one looks so sleek with the thinner bezels and refined speaker cutouts and buttons etc. Too bad joycons are still the same

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
Man it does look nice, and I like the white. But I know immediately if I get one, I'm switching the joycons with Hori Splitpad pros and them I'm like...eh... lol

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
It looks nice, but ultimately within a year those joycons are going to be wobbly, squeaky, and randomly sliding off the system prompting the "Connect controller" screen just like my OG model

I have a launch model and have only experienced the "connect controller" issue. And of course drift.

Honestly never heard of them being wobbly or squeaky.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Why not Black controllers as well???

Hopefully there will be some pitch black options......or skins.

Oct 25, 2017
México
So, question for those getting it.

I have two systems on pre-order, but what are you buying on release date for screen protector and case?

I see a few tempered glass protectors already up in Amazon, but I don't know if they will fit perfectly on the new screen.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
It barely looks distinguishable from the current Switch model, color aside. Not feeling the hype for this upgrade.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
So, question for those getting it.

I have two systems on pre-order, but what are you buying on release date for screen protector and case?

I see a few tempered glass protectors already up in Amazon, but I don't know if they will fit perfectly on the new screen.
I'm grabbing this:

skullnco.com

NeoGrip for Nintendo Switch OLED and Regular Model

One grip, two consoles - fits both OLED and OG SWITCH. Ergonomic design - allows hours of play without fatigue. Access the kickstand - never hold back your console. Interchangeable grips - 3 designs to fit all hand sizes. Dockable - no need to remove when docking. Slim design - adding minimal...

neptunez

Apr 21, 2018
Is there any way to fix that loose, sliding off problem?
Apart from having to buy new joycons?

Oct 25, 2017
México
I'm grabbing this:

skullnco.com

NeoGrip for Nintendo Switch OLED and Regular Model

One grip, two consoles - fits both OLED and OG SWITCH. Ergonomic design - allows hours of play without fatigue. Access the kickstand - never hold back your console. Interchangeable grips - 3 designs to fit all hand sizes. Dockable - no need to remove when docking. Slim design - adding minimal...
I saw it, and that's the one I'm probably getting, but it sucks that it isn't dockeable like the previous version (which I had).

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
The new dock looks slick. If this had some kind of power boost I'd probably be all over it.

ivalice

Banned
Sep 3, 2021
Looks good. Shame the Joycons are probably still garbage.

Shame many games will definitely still run like garbage. But at least MHS2 will look a bit nicer at 12fps.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The hell are you doing to your switch? I have my launch model switch and my joycons are just fine.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Will look real nice next to my PS5. Been holding off on playing a few handheld-heavy switch games as well until this arrives.

Oct 25, 2017
México
Probably one of Nintendo's worst revisions. Feels like a collector item like Micro.
It's a decent upgrade if you sell your previous version. I sold my V2 for $300 USD (literally). I only included the Skull & Co case I was using on it (it won't fit the OLED model) as an extra, and that's it.

So, $50 USD extra for 64GB of the storage, Ethernet, and OLED screen sounds nice. I think I read somewhere that the Bluetooth chip is different on the OLED version, so maybe headphones would work better too (but I'm not sure if those comments were true).

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
i like the white. gonna nab the dock on its own to have an extra for my tv, it'll fit in nicely next to the PS5.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Get White, or the black one that Walmart discounted $50

Or keep my launch unit