• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
www.cnbc.com

Taco Bell tests 30-day taco subscription to drive more frequent visits

Taco Bell is testing a 30-day pass for a free taco a day in Tucson, Arizona.
The newest subscription service isn't to stream TV shows or movies. It's for Taco Bell's tacos.

Customers with the Taco Lover's Pass can order one crunchy taco, soft taco, spicy potato soft taco or Doritos Locos taco per day for 30 days straight on the chain's app. The cost of the pass ranges from $5 to $10 a month, depending on the location. The Yum Brands chain is testing the program across 17 locations in Tucson, Arizona from Sept. 9 to Nov. 24.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
endgame-now.gif

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
You can also buy a 30 day supply of stool softenor at your local grocery store, and probably for less.

odiin

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit an authentic Mexican cuisine subscription? Where do I sign up???

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Fun gimmick, but this seems like a pretty bad deal. Obviously the goal is to get you to order more while you're at the location (nobody is making the trip for one taco) - so you're really just paying a subscription to visit Taco Bell more often.

It's a shame that T.Bell has gone all in on marketing gimmicks that involve anything but new or interesting food concepts. Their biggest hit in years are mediocre french fries that get rationed out for no particular reason, and their latest is a chicken tender with a squirt of chipotle sauce in a tiny gordita shell.

FinalRPG

Oct 27, 2017
Only one per day is pretty terrible. Can't really see how that's worth it. Too much effort getting to the store and picking up the order for that

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Like obviously the goal of this is to hopefully get people who order more then just one taco each time they visit, but even as a big TB fan I don't figure out how to get a good value out of this. Best case scenario at $10 a month you'd need to go 5-6 times before you made out on the deal. I would think a better plan would be $10 for a 15 taco preload that you can get 3 tacos at a time. This likely gets people in to order 3 tacos as a meal while just paying for a drink (which is essentially 100% profit). That would be a good deal for all parties involved.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
$5-$10 for 30 Doritos Locos tacos. Definitely worth it if I went to a Taco Bell every day and wanted to eat a Doritos Loco taco every day. (Since I don't, not a good deal)

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
Get ready for lower quality, if that is even possible, a la carte.

this is for college houses right?

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it's a good deal, but not really worth it unless you actually go every day.

They should just do a subscription for the boxes. Just let people customize what they want in the box and subscribe to that "meal plan".

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
This is a bad deal because you'll end up just spending more money at Taco bell since you only get one free taco. Makes sense for Taco Bell but this makes zero sense for consumers.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
hear me out, tacos delivered to my door at lunch time every tuesday for taco tuesday. Who says no?

You can also buy a 30 day supply of stool softenor at your local grocery store, and probably for less.
people love making this joke but ive literally never gotten sick from taco bell. and if taco bell was making people sick we'd know about it, kind of like how chipotle kept wrecking peoples shit.

Taco Bell is so bland it's basically hospital food unless you load it up with hot sauce.
why wouldnt you put hot sauce on it?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
hear me out, tacos delivered to my door at lunch time every tuesday for taco tuesday. Who says no?

people love making this joke but ive literally never gotten sick from taco bell. and if taco bell was making people sick we'd know about it, kind of like how chipotle kept wrecking peoples shit.

why wouldnt you put hot sauce on it?
I was kidding. It was just an easy joke somebody was going to make.

I actually like Taco Bell and I don't think it has ever made me sick.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
This is a bad deal because you'll end up just spending more money at Taco bell since you only get one free taco. Makes sense for Taco Bell but this makes zero sense for consumers.

should let me bank tacos

30 tacos a month but i can use them whenever i feel like it. But they won't do that because then they wouldn't make money. This is totally banking on more traffic to get consumers to buy one of their absurdly priced drinks. Outside happy hour i think its almost $4 for a large drink

Outside of the value menu though

they are not cheap anymore. It costs as much if not more than just any other fast food joint now. In fact I would say they end up being more expensive most of the time vs what you get now.

Every fast food place has almost hit sit down levels of restaurant pricing at this point.

Warhawk4Ever

Banned
Jun 23, 2021
Why folks who live in a city with authentic mexican food would ever goto taco bell is beyond me.

Shit is disgusting. Let me spend $1 more and get tacos with beef cheek, shrimp, pastor, etc.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like not a good deal unless you're addicted to taco bell and get it once a week at the min.

Seems like an amazing idea for Taco Bell to guarantee a consistent customer that will buy extra shit because ain't no one getting full off one Taco Bell taco.

EDIT: Not gonna lie, I would totally use this if Epic partners up with them and I get a free month for being a Fornite subscriber... or Microsoft and Gamepass. Come on Phil!

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
If I was back on my Taco Bell Daily grind like I was in College I would 100% Sub for it but I'm trying to not eat like complete trash anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.