• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Take-Two and Zynga will merge on May 23 in one the games industry's biggest ever deals.

The stockholders of each organisation approved all proposals related to the combination of the companies on Thursday.

Shares of Zynga will cease trading after the market closes on Friday and it will no longer be listed on the NASDAQ exchange.
In January, Rockstar parent company Take-Two revealed plans to purchase Zynga in a $12.7 billion deal.

It will be the biggest completed acquisition in the history of the games industry, although it's set to be dwarfed by Microsoft's planned acquisition of Activision Blizzard for $68.7 billion, a deal which the Xbox maker claimed this week is moving relatively quickly.

www.videogameschronicle.com

Take-Two and Zynga will merge on Monday in one of the industry’s biggest ever deals | VGC

Stockholders approve all combination proposals ahead of $12.7…

Close the merger if old.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
www.zynga.com

Zynga Announces Disco Loco 3D Exclusively for TikTok - Zynga

The Music and Dance Challenge Game is the First HTML5 Game Created by an Official Game Studio Partner for TikTok SAN FRANCISCO – November 8, 2021 – Zynga Inc. (Nasdaq: ZNGA), a global leader in interactive entertainment, today announced that Disco Loco 3D, a new music and dance challenge game...

Regarding Zygna, I read this yesterday and found it pretty interesting. I wonder how Take Two will handle Zynga.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly have no idea what Zynga have ever done except I think they made that Farm Facebook game that all the boomers liked for a while. Guessing my interest in them won't change after this.

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
If you say "Sell Don, Buy Zinga" 3x fast, you'll see the truth was there the whole time.
bmVgNeu.png

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
This means Take-Two (2K) owns the rights to Euphoria from NaturalMotion. (Backbreaker Football and tech from GTA4, Star Wars Unleashed)

So maybe NM can stop making mobile games now (yeah right) and expand on their tech for 2K games like NBA 2K and their upcoming NFL Arcade game...WWE Series...and much more.

backbreaker2-oq0dj.gif

image.jpg

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Znyga owns NaturalMotion (Euphoria engine). I wonder how much of a factor that had on the acquisition or if it just sweetened the deal?

Edit: Afrikan beat me to it.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
one step closer to all game companies being taco bell

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
This means Take-Two (2K) owns the rights to Euphoria from NaturalMotion. (Backbreaker Football and tech from GTA4, Star Wars Unleashed)

So maybe NM can stop making mobile games now (yeah right) and expand on their tech for 2K games like NBA 2K and their upcoming NFL Arcade game...WWE Series...and much more.

backbreaker2-oq0dj.gif

image.jpg
I'm pretty sure that ship sailed once they were bought by Zynga. They're all in on Star Wars Hunters and CSR racing. They only mention the iOS version of Backbreaker on their site lol

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile games make a ton of money and Zynga has Farmville, Words with Friends and Draw Something among others which were all really hot(not sure if they still are)

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Euphoria engine absolutely needs to make a resurgence with modern improvements. Throw it in action games for character animations in GTA, Max Payne remakes (probably too late for that), and environmental destruction.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017

backbreaker2-oq0dj.gif

image.jpg

Do any of the people who worked on Euphoria Physics and that tech stack even work there anymore? It's been neglected for a while now, hasn't it?

Ser Ignatius

Chicken Chaser
Apr 15, 2020
The industry seems to really be going into a big shake-up phase. It's going to be interesting looking where things sit in a few years.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
You might be right...from Wiki.

Not sure which one was worse.

Renderware being murdered by EA, or Euphoria murdered by Zynga.

At least in the former's case, Unity became available for general use only a few years later, and Unreal 4 not too long after... But I've seen no viable replacements for Euphoria ever since Zynga acquired NaturalMotion for their mobile game development and completely left their actual Tech to die on the vine.

TheDoctor

Oct 27, 2017
Take-Two will have a nice little footprint on mobile on Monday:

Take-Two:
- 2K (NBA 2K Mobile, WWE SuperCard)
- Socialpoint (Monster Legends, Dragon City, Word Life)
- Nordeus (Top Eleven)
- Rockstar Games

Zynga:
- Zynga (Empires & Puzzles, Zynga Poker, Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells, CSR2, Golf Rival, Words with Friends, FarmVille, 101 Plus)
- Peak (Toon Blast! and Toy Blast!)
- Gram Games (Merge Dragons)
- Rollic Games (hyper-casual games with millions of downloads each month like Fill The Fridge and Hair Challenge)
- Chartboost (mobile ad network)

Zynga will also be launching Star Wars: Hunters on mobile (and Nintendo Switch) later this year.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, I actually thought Rockstar made Euphoria. You learn something new every day.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Honestly have no idea what Zynga have ever done except I think they made that Farm Facebook game that all the boomers liked for a while. Guessing my interest in them won't change after this.

I can't believe Zynga is worth that much.

I also am surprised; it's a really incredible turnaround. At its peak (when they went public in 2012) Zynga was a monster worth more than EA (!). But thanks to massive platform changes by Facebook and the rise of F2P, they lost more than 85% of that value in the same year. A quick look at their stock suggests they didn't really start growing again until 2017, presumably when reinvesting (and reinventing) into a largely mobile/online company worked.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
The 2 worst companies regarding monetization have finally decided to stop delaying the inevitable and wed. Not that I have ever bought their stuff, but I would stop.

Acquisition GET!
OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Take-Two completes Zynga acquisition

Take-Two Interactive has completed the acquisition of mobile studio Zynga, following shareholder approval from both parties last week.

The transaction sees the Grand Theft Auto publisher purchase all outstanding shares of the company for approximately $12.7 billion.
"We are thrilled to complete our combination with Zynga," Said Take-Two chairman and CEO Strauss Zelnick, who called the deal a "pivotal step" in the firm's plans to build out its mobile offering.

"As we bring together our exceptional talent, exciting pipelines of games, and industry-leading technologies and capabilities, we believe that we can take our portfolio to another level of creativity, innovation, and quality.

www.gamesindustry.biz

Take-Two completes Zynga acquisition

Take-Two Interactive has completed the acquisition of mobile studio Zynga, following shareholder approval from both par…