nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Whether I'd want Tarantino to direct it himself aside, I don't mind the idea at all. Sort of akin to the Coens re-adapting True Grit in a way (presumably; I haven't read it) more faithful to the book. Driver would be ideal casting, at least.

Nov 19, 2019
Whether I'd want Tarantino to direct it himself aside, I don't mind the idea at all. Sort of akin to the Coens re-adapting True Grit in a way (presumably; I haven't read it) to the book. Driver would be ideal casting, at least.
This is exactly what I thought of, and that was a great remake. I'm actually disappointed that it's just a spitball in this case.

Dec 13, 2018
Man knows movies, he should write it and produce it, just let some other promising director take a stab at it

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
i guess i just dont see the need for it when first blood is basically exactly what you want it to be

if anything the lesser rambos would need the adjusting, i would think

Dec 13, 2018
Eh reading the synopsis of the book it's different but not night and day different, not sure it warrants a remake

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I mean yeah id take this. Especially with quinten at the helm, itll be a wild ride.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
He just pulls these wild ideas out of his ass but they never come to fruition. Some other things he wanted to happen: Vega Brothers movie (Travolta from Pulp Fiction and Madsen from Reservoir Dogs), a Star Trek movie and now this.

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
Stallone talks about the first Rambo script here in Stern and what he did to make it into the movie it became. Pretty interesting stuff. Starts @ 3:15 and is only 2 minutes. Worth a listen!

www.youtube.com

Sylvester Stallone Takes Howard Behind the Scenes of “Rocky” and “Rambo” (2005)

Action film icon Sylvester Stallone tells Howard Stern why he was forced to film “Rocky” in 28 days and how he salvaged “Rambo” after initially wanting to bu...

Wow, the original cut is 3 hours!

Glad they cut it down, the lines sounded horrible.

thesuperfunk

Nov 3, 2017
Sounds interesting, Driver & Russell would be great choices.

I grew up with Rambo and am not ashamed to say that I love the first 2 films [and the Jerry Goldsmith score]. Come at me Era.

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
Tarantino is the definition of all talk no action, where's that Star Trek movie anyway?

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'd rather he not, you know, put a former marine who probably saw things in his time while serving after 9/11, in a role that could bring back bad memories. I don't know if Driver would even take it as I've noticed he seems to avoid military roles.

Just seems rather in bad taste.
I don't know if he would shy away from it, especially if it had a critical lens to USA in regards to 9/11. Adam Driver did The Report, which was all about the lies and cover-ups about Abu Gharib and Guantanamo Bay torture and failures of United States policies after 9/11. Had some brutal torture scenes in it. It's an excellent investigative thriller, btw! But Tarantino might have done it in bad taste, considering his past films and racism.