• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

When outlaw Nat Love (Jonathan Majors) discovers that his enemy Rufus Buck (Idris Elba) is being released from prison he rounds up his gang to track Rufus down and seek revenge. Those riding with him in this assured, righteously new school Western include his former love Stagecoach Mary (Zazie Beetz), his right and left hand men — hot-tempered Bill Pickett (Edi Gathegi) and fast drawing Jim Beckwourth (R.J. Cyler)—and a surprising adversary-turned-ally. Rufus Buck has his own fearsome crew, including "Treacherous" Trudy Smith (Regina King) and Cherokee Bill (LaKeith Stanfield), and they are not a group that knows how to lose.

Directed by Jeymes Samuel, written by Samuel and Boaz Yakin, produced by Shawn Carter, James Lassiter, Lawrence Bender and Jeymes Samuel, and featuring a red hot soundtrack and a stunning all-star cast, including Jonathan Majors, Zazie Beetz, Delroy Lindo, LaKeith Stanfield, Danielle Deadwyler, Edi Gathegi, R.J. Cyler, Damon Wayans Jr., Deon Cole with Regina King and Idris Elba revenge has never been served colder.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Saw the cast and clicked this thread with the quickness

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the way it was shot (from the trailer) but I am definitely going to watch it just on the cast.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I remember seeing the cast for this a while back and being blown away. That's "actors you show up for" tier across the board.

Doesn't look AMAZING, but the trailer had some fun shots, like the bit with Jonathan Majors. And I always love a good western, so definitely here for this; should be fun if nothing else.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
nice twist on train robberies in the beginning, and damn this looks like it could be pretty good, but man i cant really get into westerns

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Damn @ that casting. And with em going for an over the top pulp feel means even if the script is 'ehh', its gonna be fun seeing em all chew scenery. Regina King as a cold blooded bad guy! lol

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Trailer did nothing for me, but Dat cast

tenor.gif

Regina and Delroy!

DarthMasta

Feb 17, 2018
Hope it's good, dunno why but Netflix projects it feels like they get the big names, throw money at it and hope for the best, without much of a vision.
But if it fails, it certainly won't be from lack of talent.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
I'd watch that. I hope it's good, it's been a while since a good western. When was the last? Slow West? Bone Tomerhawk?

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Yo this looks great especially the colors it's so bright. As a fan of Posse this checks all the right boxes personally.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in.

It looks like the exact same town as was in the Magnificent 7 remake. Even the church is in the same spot.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Looks nice. No idea who the director is though, no matter how many times they say "a Jeymes Samuel film" lol

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone wondering the director is the musician know as The Bullitts. Some of you probably know this track and video

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That cast is actually insane. Looks like a fun movie. Only complaint is that the sets and costumes look a little too clean for a western.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
That cast is phenomenal - I clicked immediately.

But I don't think that was an aesthetically pleasing film at all. When I think "western," I long for amazing shots and beautiful lighting and just overall gorgeous cinematography... didn't get any of that from the trailer, unfortunately.