• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
If it runs well and I'm gonna be traveling at some point I can see myself picking this up. I already have it on PS4 but it's a great game and, uh, "perfect for the Switch" too.

Oct 25, 2017
Hope people play the multiplayer!

I remember people saying it took ages to get matches when Connected launched on Gamepass last fall and when I played the PS beta the other month (which was cross platform) it also took forever to find games
Yes please play play the Connected mode people! It's great co-op for those that don't fancy the competitive aspect.

bloopland33

Mar 4, 2020
My wife and I love playing vs. with each other in Tetris 99. How does the 1v1 here compare mechanics-wise? (Of course in this one there won't be 97 bots we're ignoring lol)

Anyone wondering about performance, totally valid question -- maybe we'll release videos of all the stages so you can see for yourself leading up to launch, but check out or read reviews of the Quest version (done by Monstars, same team as original and doing Quest version); team is really good at adapting to diff hardware!
Awesome, I'll check out the Quest port, thanks so much! I'd love to see some direct feed gameplay while I wait because I'm so excited to buy this. In the meantime I'll keep my hopes up!! Thanks for bringing this to the Switch!!

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I should just dump my PS4 copy that I still haven't opened yet. Lord knows when Connected will be added to it when it's coming to everything else first.

Fake Edit: Oh, it's coming August 18th to PS4, 7 days from now. Sweet!

Separate buttons make the joycon "dpad" arguably the best for Tetris. This comment makes no sense.

They're referring to the Pro Controller, which does have a trash D-Pad for puzzle and 2D platforming games.

This has a good D-Pad though.

Amazon.com: PowerA Enhanced Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch - Animal Crossing: Nook Inc., Nintendo Switch Lite, Gamepad, Game Controller, Bluetooth Controller, Rechargeable - Nintendo Switch : Everything Else

Amazon.com: PowerA Enhanced Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch - Animal Crossing: Nook Inc., Nintendo Switch Lite, Gamepad, Game Controller, Bluetooth Controller, Rechargeable - Nintendo Switch : Everything Else

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Maybe I should just dump my PS4 copy that I still haven't opened yet. Lord knows when Connected will be added to it when it's coming to everything else first.

Fake Edit: Oh, it's coming August 18th to PS4, 7 days from now. Sweet!

They're referring to the Pro Controller, which does have a trash D-Pad for puzzle and 2D platforming games.

This has a good D-Pad though.

Ahh fair + true

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Why yes, I will rebuy this game for the *checks notes* 7th (and hopefully 8th, Switch physical please) time.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Oh great now I gotta buy this game for a 5th time. I already own it on PS4, Xbox, PC and Oculus.

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
PPT, Tetris 99 and Tetris Effect all on one console! I know Switch has become the best console for a lot of franchises, but I never thought that would be the case for Tetris!
sorry, but none of those can match the superior quality of TETRISPHERE

8504-tetrisphere-nintendo-64-capa-1.jpg

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I get that a big feature of the game is the pretty stuff in the background but I thought it looked small on PS4 and handheld mode is going to be tiny.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Quad-dipped, day one

I've played this game with a near-perfect weekly record since the initial PS4 launch, and went on to buy on PC and Xbox as well.

Very easy consideration for one of my favorite games of all time.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have it on Xbox. On my oculus. On of. And quadruple dipping on switch. For oled sake.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
Did anyone really play this in VR? I can barely handle this late night on my bright OLED. I'm going to double dip on this and pick it up for switch.

ninjaboyjohn

Oct 30, 2017
California
Love it in VR on a Quest 2 - they increased visual fidelity a bit with the Connected update, so if you played it on quest beforehand, try it again but set graphics quality to high.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Single player in this game is amazing. I really like the co-op multiplayer mode where you battle bosses, too. Buy it, Switch friends!

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Do we have a confirmed price for the Switch release? Should be $30 with the two-week 25% launch discount, right?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
still really pretty tbh. Unless you've played both versions to death, you wouldn't really know what you're missing
Yeah it's really not an issue at all, just something that stood out to me since I've played it a lot. The chunkier particles might actually work even better on the Switch's small screen vs tiny particles.

bloopland33

Mar 4, 2020
It was mostly noticeable for me in parts where the particles take the shape of objects, here's a quick comparison (top: Switch, bottom: PS4).

unknown.png

unknown.png
Wow thanks so much for the visual comparison, I appreciate it!! No that's certainly not 'bad' and I've never played the original so like someone said above I would never even notice that there's a 'lack.'

Do the mermaids ever look like that in the PS4 version at any point in the sequence? And I assume the different color gradient on the Switch version isn't actually anything, just how the game works - I love all the greater color variety in the PS4 pic, especially on the left.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Wow thanks so much for the visual comparison, I appreciate it!! No that's certainly not 'bad' and I've never played the original so like someone said above I would never even notice that there's a 'lack.'

Do the mermaids ever look like that in the PS4 version at any point in the sequence? And I assume the different color gradient on the Switch version isn't actually anything, just how the game works - I love all the greater color variety in the PS4 pic, especially on the left.
The rainbow color effect happens when you clear a line in that stage, it just happened to be different when taking the screenshots but I'd assume it can have the same colors on Switch.

bloopland33

Mar 4, 2020
The rainbow color effect happens when you clear a line in that stage, it just happened to be different when taking the screenshots but I'd assume it can have the same colors on Switch.
Ah gotcha, very cool. I do love the detail and clarity on those figures in the PS4 screenshot but the Switch is my favorite console ever so definitely worth that kind of a trade. I'm so excited to finally try this game tomorrow.