• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rod

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's right. The meme is real, my friends.

FlzJpUVaEAEBA23

FlzyNV5XEBsJwCK

As per pointed by

Letterboxd just published their"2022 Year in Review" (this is not a poll but all the data from 2022 reunited). So here we go:

Movies of the year, rated and most popular, in letterboxd
letterboxd.com

The Letterboxd 2022 Year in Review

A comprehensive summary of the highest-rated and most popular films of 2022, according to the Letterboxd community.

THE YEAR IN NUMBERS

Films Marked Watched

Ratings

Diary Entries

Reviews

Lists

Comments

MORE NUMBERS​

During 2022 we logged 177,133,547 hours watching films
And we wrote 1,502,272,315 words about them
Of all films watched, 22% were 2022 releases
Collectively, our Patrons customized 3,253,689 posters!

(I was typing all cutesy the entire list of the winners but phone chrome crashed and I'm sad right now - will do the rest later)

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Is is the movie that will make you question everything you ever thought about Paul Dano

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
I really thought I was going to like this film more than I did.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Did not care for it. Found it ponderous and boring and felt like it should've ended 45 minutes before it actually did. There were moments I enjoyed but overall I just couldn't wait for it to be over. Cannot imagine watching it again, much less rewatching it multiple times.

Everything Everywhere All At Once winning the overall highest rated film gives me hope, though. What a magical movie.

Oct 25, 2017
I just got the 4K Blu Ray and I can't wait to rewatch it with a red backlight. Being able to pause for breaks is gonna be awesome.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't personally like it but I am very happy to see that superhero films continue to have such wide appeal.

Nov 1, 2017
I'm happy it was successful but good god that was the most boring time I've ever had in a movie theater.

Last edited:

Lord Bandi

Apr 30, 2020
I can't lie, I've watched this movie well over 20 times and still can't get enough of this Gotham.

It's simply beautifully shot….

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It was such a boring movie, I will never understand the praise. Other than looking pretty it does nothing better than "fine"

MarinZero

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 26, 2022
I mean, I get it being popular and all, but the most rewatched? I saw it on IMAX and I liked it, but I would never rewatch that film. It's such a one and done deal.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
Great production, but way too dumbed down to work well as a good mystery. "Detective" Batman himself was pretty bad at the job.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
I liked the movie but there's no mystery in it. Batman never once even tried to do any detective work.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this. I remember walking out of there and my main thought wasn't "Wow! Great movie" or "But what about [insert villain or plot point]" it was: "But... Paul Dano, he... I... Paul?"

I remember when I watched it last year, my reaction to my friends was "I remember nothing of what we just watched except for Paul Dano just being given fifteen minutes to Paul Dano harder than Paul Dano has ever Paul Dano'd".

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Loved it. Watched once in theatres and twice on streaming. Probably gonna revisit again in October this year for the Halloween vibes

Just uh… please retool Joker in the sequel, swing and a miss as it stands unfortunately. Keoghan needs more time to cook that performance

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
Loved it. Watched once in theatres and twice on streaming. Probably gonna revisit again in October this year for the Halloween vibes

Just uh… please retool Joker in the sequel, swing and a miss as it stands unfortunately. Keoghan needs more time to cook that performance
fr i rather they go left field and use Clayface. have my own fanfiction written out if Matt Reaves wants it.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
Went into this one (as a big comics fan) pretty unenthused and cynical. Came out loving it. The best live-action Batman movie.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I remember when I watched it last year, my reaction to my friends was "I remember nothing of what we just watched except for Paul Dano just being given fifteen minutes to Paul Dano harder than Paul Dano has ever Paul Dano'd".
Lol "Paul Dano'd" is now a new term in my vernacular. Whether or not I ever get to use it, well, I'll probably have to wait until I see the Fabelmans to find out.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Lol "Paul Dano'd" is now a new term in my vernacular. Whether or not I ever get to use it, well, I'll probably have to wait until I see the Fabelmans to find out.

Paul Dano (v.): To make an extremely, extremely specific and intense acting choice, for good or for ill, taking no account for the film around which said choice is made.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
Did a double feature with this and Matrix 4. Needless to say it was a completely wasted evening.