Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
So, is there a mod available on Playstation that handles fusion core recharging or similar? I realize between perks and all the existing mechanics that it isn't reallllly necessary, but the mechanics of fusion cores also makes me horde them more than I should and then I just don't use power armor.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
So, is there a mod available on Playstation that handles fusion core recharging or similar? I realize between perks and all the existing mechanics that it isn't reallllly necessary, but the mechanics of fusion cores also makes me horde them more than I should and then I just don't use power armor.

Intelligence at lvl 9 allows you to get 25%-50% and then 100% less core usage. Really quick to achieve.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, that probably would solve my weird core anxiety. I could just build the character to beeline for that. Appreciate the tip :)

The key to power armor is to sprint as little as possible. I scout around on foot, but when I go into a dangerous area I use the power armor and I can clear an hour long area on less than a core.

Gwynn

Mar 2, 2019

I used 'Sane Fusion Core" and 'craftable fusion cores' ( ̄︶ ̄)↗

Oct 25, 2017
After finishing the game with the Railroad ending, I wanted to quickly check out others, and after console command-ing my way to godhood, I'm having a lot of fun playing differently.

The first time I was all melee, now I'm playing power armor and guns, which is fun too.

I also tried romancing Danse just to see how it went and it really does feel absurd based on the characters story that romance is an option. I basically just watched my wife get shot in the face, why am I hitting on this hunky armor man?

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
Fannnntastic. Thank you for this! Between this and the build suggestions I will be able to stomp around to my heart's content.

With the intelligence build perks you wont really run out of cores, even when using the PA 100% of the time. My original 400 hours back in the PS4 at launch were done 100% within a T-51b.

As suggested above, just don't SPRINT or use a lot of Vats while inside the armor. Scout ahead with regular gear, then return (fast travel) with the armor for each confrontation.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
With the intelligence build perks you wont really run out of cores, even when using the PA 100% of the time. My original 400 hours back in the PS4 at launch were done 100% within a T-51b.

As suggested above, just don't SPRINT or use a lot of Vats while inside the armor. Scout ahead with regular gear, then return (fast travel) with the armor for each confrontation.

Cheers. I also read that they just...restock at certain vendors. I haven't played since launch so I'm not sure I even knew you could buy them lol. Seems like there's more ways to preserve cores and get more than I realized.

Yogi.

Feb 3, 2023
Cheers. I also read that they just...restock at certain vendors. I haven't played since launch so I'm not sure I even knew you could buy them lol. Seems like there's more ways to preserve cores and get more than I realized.

Do the Automatron quest line. You'll run into so many cores on robots you won't know what to do with them.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
After finishing the game with the Railroad ending, I wanted to quickly check out others, and after console command-ing my way to godhood, I'm having a lot of fun playing differently.

The first time I was all melee, now I'm playing power armor and guns, which is fun too.

I also tried romancing Danse just to see how it went and it really does feel absurd based on the characters story that romance is an option. I basically just watched my wife get shot in the face, why am I hitting on this hunky armor man?
Yeah when it comes to romance you kinda have to suspend a boatload of disbelief in order to make romance work in the game. No matter how you slice it you watched your wife die just days before you meet Piper for example and then can have her romanced within days of that encounter.

It makes zero sense, but neither does most of the game so I guess its fine lol

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah when it comes to romance you kinda have to suspend a boatload of disbelief in order to make romance work in the game. No matter how you slice it you watched your wife die just days before you meet Piper for example and then can have her romanced within days of that encounter.

It makes zero sense, but neither does most of the game so I guess its fine lol
Yeah at some point you just kind of have to roll with it.

I could justify roleplaying as a superhero as my version of Nick losing his mind for a bit while he desperately hunts for his son in a wild apocalyptic nightmare that he woke up in, but this was harder to fit in to a coherent character.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
"Well, this is my life now. Everything I know is gone, Nora is dead, Shawn is still missing, the world is a nightmare compared to my previous life... should I just despair or...try to live? Piper treats me nice and likes the blue suit...I wonder...."
And that's just Piper. The sane normal choice. Imagine trying to mentally justify Cait or Curie lol

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
The discussions of romances in Fallout 4 (which, yeah, totally don't work if you use the Bethesda plot setup) does remind me that the companions were still far superior to the cast of duds we got in Starfield.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
The discussions of romances in Fallout 4 (which, yeah, totally don't work if you use the Bethesda plot setup) does remind me that the companions were still far superior to the cast of duds we got in Starfield.

outside of nick i still find them all dreadfully boring to be honest (still amused by the fact bethesda though people would find super cool to find a grown up from little lamplight, as if anybody didnt hate those little shits). and starfield also has andreja which is.... fine-ish. and the rest sucks.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
outside of nick i still find them all dreadfully boring to be honest (still amused by the fact bethesda though people would find super cool to find a grown up from little lamplight, as if anybody didnt hate those little shits). and starfield also has andreja which is.... fine-ish. and the rest sucks.

They are mainly boring, I agree, (though I like Piper too kinda) but it's more that I think the FO4 companions tend to at least have an interesting hook. They aren't fleshed out characters but they have at least an archetype attached that at least makes them identifiable to me years after the fact whereas I couldn't tell you the name of a single companion in Starfield 6+ months later other than Andreja who was, indeed, fine-ish.

NicoNicoRose

Dec 9, 2020
Portland, OR
since I would never play as the guy I just headcanon my girl as finally being free from society's expectations and being free to pursue all the wild heartfelt sapphic romance she always wished she could have but couldn't because of comphet

i think my interpretation is the true canon tbh

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
since I would never play as the guy I just headcanon my girl as finally being free from society's expectations and being free to pursue all the wild heartfelt sapphic romance she always wished she could have but couldn't because of comphet

I love the VA for the female MC, but I always like making her high INT and that play style is rough early on. I always end up falling off the run before it gets really good.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017

Nora x Piper is my go to romance. Just something about the way Nora's VA talks to Piper.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
F4SE Update

2024-05-01: Investigating feedback. 1.10.980 itself has some major stability problems that I can reproduce with just vanilla content, so there's probably (hopefully) going to be a follow-up patch soon. Updating for that will not take anywhere near as long as 1.10.980. The unstable base makes finding problems in my code more difficult than it should be.

Looks like he's getting closer to having something stable, which is great

Oct 25, 2017

That's nearly how I'm justifying Danse, lol

He misses his wife, and wouldn't be with another woman yet but being thrown back into his old mindset from the war reminded him of all the nights on the front where he and his war buddies would fool around.

Last edited:

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was complaining about slow load times when leaving interior zones but the FO4 load accelerator fixed it right up. It's just a simple drag and drop DLL file.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I was complaining about slow load times when leaving interior zones but the FO4 load accelerator fixed it right up. It's just a simple drag and drop DLL file.
I might have to look into that one. How does it work? Is it fiddling with vsync and framerate caps? Because I have those set at the system level and I don't think the game would ever be able to override it.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I might have to look into that one. How does it work? Is it fiddling with vsync and framerate caps? Because I have those set at the system level and I don't think the game would ever be able to override it.

Basic gist is that load times is tied to FPS and the DLL forces the game to run up to 350 FPS on just the loading screen. Only really works on SSDs to my knowledge.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Basic gist is that load times is tied to FPS and the DLL forces the game to run up to 350 FPS on just the loading screen. Only really works on SSDs to my knowledge.
Yeah, I think it might still end up being capped to 144 in any event, but I might give it a try anyway and see what happens. I can always just delete it if it doesn't help beyond what I'm already doing.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think it might still end up being capped to 144 in any event, but I might give it a try anyway and see what happens. I can always just delete it if it doesn't help beyond what I'm already doing.

If you are on NVidia you can just add a game specific profile in NVCP to allow the game to control VSync without changing the system level defaults for other games.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

FYI if the game feels like a stuttery mess for you then its' the 144 Hz refresh rate of you monitor giving it problems. Have to put it down to 60 Hz. Made the game run right for me.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
FYI if the game feels like a stuttery mess for you then its' the 144 Hz refresh rate of you monitor giving it problems. Have to put it down to 60 Hz. Made the game run right for me.
No, the game runs fine. In fact, it's when it gets to below 60 that I start seeing some weird smoothness issues. Still not sure why that happens, but it's only FO4 that does it. Every other game (including Skyrim and Starfield) still feels smooth at sub-60 framerates. G-sync is a wonderful thing.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
I just fully buy into DiMA's gaslighting, and pretend I'm a synth with implanted memories. Does that make sense when you think hard about it? No, as it conflicts with the main quest. but it's the only way I can rationalize my character having a husband, despite being fully gay.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
That's nearly how I'm justifying Danse, lol

He misses his wife, and wouldn't be with another woman yet but being thrown back into his old mindset from the war reminded him of all the nights on the front where he and his war buddies would fool around.

When I was wrapping up the Silver Shroud side quest (the game recommends you take Hancock as an ally) and then the romance option popped! I was not expecting that...

YkZrIV6.png

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone on PC, I highly, highly recommend you use an alternate start mod. Makes it so much easier to roleplay.

For me, my character was a detective before the war struggling to make sense of the post-apocalyptic wasteland after emerging from cryo. He happens on the message regarding Shawn's fate and his old detective skills kick in and he decides to find out what happened to this boy as a way to give himself focus.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I can't afford to use any non robot companion on survival. They go down almost immediately and require a stim pack every time or a long walk back to where their home is. The robot just gets right back up and actually seems to be more effective in combat anyways

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Is Immersive Wasteland compatible with StoryWealth?
Maybe I start with IW2 first because it has smaller mod list.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
Finished up all of New Vegas' endings now it's on to Fallout 4.

I started a Survival character last night and man what a difference that makes. I had never done it in FO4 for some reason and it's brutal so far! Also, after playing FONV for the last 2 weeks and a bunch FO4 and FO76 for years before that, this next Gen update is so refreshing! It Finally looks and runs great on my 4K Vrr display. So much crisper and so far smoother than just the FPS boost version.

Qrusher14242

Oct 29, 2017
Got pretty far in my Melee playthrough, although hit a bug w/ Ada the companion Robot. I just can't get her to do anything but melee people. Tried changing weapons/heads/legs and she just lumbers around and hits people. I even tried damaging her and then repairing her, but still nothing. I read online how OP she was, but she's the worst companion i've had so far. She doesn't do anything else really, so im gonna ditch her as soon as i get this DLC done. I put lasers on both arms and she never uses em. Does she need some ammo or something? All my other companions have worked so far, but only use she has so far is a pack mule and a lockpicker.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
So settlement building, you have scavenger stations and then you got contraptions like conveyor belts and ammo crafter.

I got LL so if I make red rocket a scavenging settlement would I have access to that junk connected to trade routes so I can make a different settlement ammo crafting?

Can the input be automated then the ammo out in the workshop?

Last edited:

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Dealing with a really stupid bug on steam deck.

My power armor helmets just disappear. I find a suit, bring it some place, get out and take the fusion core so other settlers won't use it, and then go to things. I come back and the helmets are gone. Both suits I found.

Only thing I can find online is someone saying it's caused by wearing certain head gear before you get into the power armor but I wasn't using the ones they specified.

Between this and the random slow down and freezing of my deck I'm about to call it quits.