TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
I kind of wish the CC stuff were more integrated into the game.

I don't want 15 quests to start and 5 weapons to get deposited into my inventory just for walking out the valut door

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
So settlement building, you have scavenger stations and then you got contraptions like conveyor belts and ammo crafter.

I got LL so if I make red rocket a scavenging settlement would I have access to that junk connected to trade routes so I can make a different settlement ammo crafting?

Can the input be automated then the ammo out in the workshop?
If you have settlements connected via supply lines you can use the items you store at one settlement at other settlements for crafting, but items you store in one settlement's storage won't show up in another's

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
If you have settlements connected via supply lines you can use the items you store at one settlement at other settlements for crafting, but items you store in one settlement's storage won't show up in another's

But the scavenging stations collect junk which is used for crafting and store it in the workshop, so that should work right?

Like if I go to my settlement that I have as an ammunition crafter I can grab the materials from that settlement instead of having to travel to the scavenging settlement?

Also can you fully automated the contraption crafters?

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
But the scavenging stations collect junk which is used for crafting and store it in the workshop, so that should work right?

Like if I go to my settlement that I have as an ammunition crafter I can grab the materials from that settlement instead of having to travel to the scavenging settlement?

Also can you fully automated the contraption crafters?

each settlement is like self contained. So what you find and dump into one settlement won't be shared at another until you link them via supply lines and assigning a settler a provosioner role , literally like joining the dots on the map

EDIT
Only downside to this is it causes traffic if you have a lot of settlements. If you travel/fast travel and you come accross a shoot out, the provisioner could get caught in the cross fire and be killed so I've been told

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else experiencing stuttering in Fallout 4 on Series X? The game freezes completely for a few seconds every couple of minutes. Disabling Vivid Fallout didn't seem to help.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Anyone else experiencing stuttering in Fallout 4 on Series X? The game freezes completely for a few seconds every couple of minutes. Disabling Vivid Fallout didn't seem to help.
Do you have the unofficial patch installed? That was the culprit for me. Disabled it for now.

Performance in downtown Boston is still ass, though. Had some absolutely awful drops there yesterday.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Do you have the unofficial patch installed? That was the culprit for me. Disabled it for now.

Performance in downtown Boston is still ass, though. Had some absolutely awful drops there yesterday.

I had this with the unofficial patch and one of the weather mods, both disabled/uninstalled now and it's been fine 98% of the time.
Thanks! Unofficial patch was definitely the issue. The mod got an update a few days ago, and it seems the game has been stuttering since for me.

Framerate does take a hit in the denser areas, but for the most part it's been a surprisingly smooth ride. Really enjoying reconnecting with the game despite having already spent a few hundred hours in the past.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
each settlement is like self contained. So what you find and dump into one settlement won't be shared at another until you link them via supply lines and assigning a settler a provosioner role , literally like joining the dots on the map

EDIT
Only downside to this is it causes traffic if you have a lot of settlements. If you travel/fast travel and you come accross a shoot out, the provisioner could get caught in the cross fire and be killed so I've been told

Yeah I have LL so I can make routes. Just wondering if I make RR mostly scavenger stations will I be able to see that junk at my settlement that I use for crafting and the contraptions? When linked obviously.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I have LL so I can make routes. Just wondering if I make RR mostly scavenger stations will I be able to see that junk at my settlement that I use for crafting and the contraptions? When linked obviously.

If it comes under "JUNK" then it should. You might also find stuff dumped into "MISC" which I assume is also from scavengers / shop profits. I certainly didn't put them there but they remain settlement contained.

MA8Swnk.png

EDIT

Clair from Goodneighbor is giving me Prime's Vault 33 Overseer vibes

p2baeel.png

Last edited:

SnoopyK

Jan 27, 2018
I love Survial mode now

I have beaten the game multiple times and never understood how that worked, good to know and should be useful in my Survival run I am in the middle of.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
F4SE Update

2024-05-02: A few fixes from mod author reports and requests. Let's see what happens if I widen the audience a bit.

Progress continues apace, seems like we'll see something soon! That's exciting, I'd love to use all my mods and the new content and update together.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017

EDIT
Well for that I'd just recommend not concentrating all of your supply lines on a single settlement. Supply lines also chain, so if you make a supply line from Sanctuary to Oberland station then Oberland station to say The Castle the castle will still get access to everything Oberland station does from Sanctuary

Also I don't know if it's different on Survival, but I'm pretty sure settlers are immortal unless you go out of your way to kill them yourself.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Update for the F4SE has dropped, will need to wait for modders to update their stuff to support it, but it's a big step.

www.nexusmods.com

Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE)

The Fallout 4 Script Extender, or F4SE for short, is a modder's resource that expands the scripting capabilities of Fallout 4. It does so without modifying the executable files on disk, so there are n

Icebergslim

Feb 19, 2021
I was thinking of coming back but doing Survival mode instead. The only problem with that is since you can only save at beds doesnt that mean you have to do entire dungeons without dying.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Update for the F4SE has dropped, will need to wait for modders to update their stuff to support it, but it's a big step.

www.nexusmods.com

Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE)

The Fallout 4 Script Extender, or F4SE for short, is a modder's resource that expands the scripting capabilities of Fallout 4. It does so without modifying the executable files on disk, so there are n
I didn't expect him to release it today haha

If you update now, be wary that you will need to update stuff that needs DLL insertions like Mod Configuration Menu. Also, be wary that the game will get patches and we're in a volatile state rn. So you will go through periods of play, broken stuff, fixed through mod update, then play.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017

I can't believe that PS5 is the better version of FO4 Next Gen. Microsoft owns the company.

I was happy to keep my XSX because I kept thinking "well this is my Bethesda machine". Each year I have less reason to boot up my XSX over my PS5. Now luckily Starfield was an exclusive so I had plenty of reason during my Starfield play through but I want XSX to be the strong Bethesda machine.

Have they acknowledged the problems? Why can't I do the 40FPS quality mode with my 4k120 option with my tv for XSX but I can with my PS5?

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I can't believe that PS5 is the better version of FO4 Next Gen. Microsoft owns the company.

I was happy to keep my XSX because I kept thinking "well this is my Bethesda machine". Each year I have less reason to boot up my XSX over my PS5. Now luckily Starfield was an exclusive so I had plenty of reason during my Starfield play through but I want XSX to be the strong Bethesda machine.

Have they acknowledged the problems? Why can't I do the 40FPS quality mode with my 4k120 option with my tv for XSX but I can with my PS5?
Is the performance mode OK on Xbox?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been any response from Bethesda / discord etc about fixing the Series version's Quality mode toggle?

point decay

Oct 27, 2017

"first or best" on Xbox

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Seeing the DF video, Bethesda's tweet about the Series X version always targeting 60fps makes sense now. The Performance mode will be 4K with the lower settings, while Quality Mode will be 1440p with high settings.

...It's just too bad that it's completely broken. Not sure how they let that get through. Not a good look!

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Updated the second post of the OP with a link to the latest build of F4SE. Having a mod update the title of this thread as well.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I'm finding this much, much harder than I remember it being first time round?
I'm level 4, playing on normal, and just died to a pack of bloatflies several times in a row, then quit the game in frustration.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I think my impression of this remastering of the game is that it's unfortunately way short of what the game and its fans deserved. Just improving the framerate and load times on console is nice, but doesn't really improve the game very much. It's woeful lack of new, meaningful accessibility options, much like Starfield last year, makes it such a lacking experience. The game itself is fine and is now much less of a hassle, but I shouldn't need mods to get accessibility options that could make picking up items and managing inventory much easier and ways to tune VATS to better work for different players along with plenty more things they could've done.

Seeing how they handled things post-launch where they barely updated it for the last several years once DLC was done makes me less hopeful for Starfield improving much on that front.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
watched the show and decided to buy F4 on GOG

decided to play it in survival mode and it's... not fun
Survival is like a different game (pairing it with stuff like random starting location mods makes it even better), absolutely don't go in and then play it like you would a normal playthrough where you do the main quest and what have you. It just makes it tedious as lots of the quests are basically go here then come back again type things and Survival mode is actually pretty tough amd makes just going to or coming back their own ordeals.

Survival is just all about exploring the world and telling your own little story until you get bored or hit whatever you goal was. Taking camps so you have a place to rest, getting better gear, setting up so you can be self sustainable etc.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017

I'd like to know if they've said anything about this as well. XSX has two huge bugs (no quality mode and VATS hit percentages randomly going to zero) that they haven't even said they were working on. Both seem like they would be obvious in testing.

I've got a playthrough going on both XSX and PS5, but I tend to gravitate towards the Xbox for Bethesda game...crazy that the PS5 is the better version atm.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I think some of the most fun in this game is playing on Hard and as a squishy stealth handgun only character and going into areas you probably shouldn't be in. There's those apartments downtown that have Super Mutants in them and next door is raiders. It took me many tries to kill all the super mutants on the roof and live to tell the tale, but I basically made careful use of explosives (mines, molotovs, and especially bottle cap mines) and I managed to pull it off. By the way, hitting with an explosive out of sneak still gives you the 2.5 damage.

This stuff was obviously done better in New Vegas, but still fun here.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017

I had this with the unofficial patch and one of the weather mods, both disabled/uninstalled now and it's been fine 98% of the time.
I was having the same issue on Series S, and yep removing the Unofficial Patch made the difference. Super frustrating that Start Me Up Redux requires it, as the patch causes me nothing but issues everytime I start a playthrough with it.

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I was having the same issue on Series S, and yep removing the Unofficial Patch made the difference. Super frustrating that Start Me Up Redux requires it, as the patch causes me nothing but issues everytime I start a playthrough with it.
Going to echo this here as well. Things seemed okay for a while, I have a few mods installed, vivid fallout, moribund, storms, unofficial patch, etc. But on the way to Lexington and Corvega factory, I started getting weird hitches and full on freezes for a second or two, then it would happen every few seconds. Uninstalled the unofficial patch and haven't had a single problem.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Going to echo this here as well. Things seemed okay for a while, I have a few mods installed, vivid fallout, moribund, storms, unofficial patch, etc. But on the way to Lexington and Corvega factory, I started getting weird hitches and full on freezes for a second or two, then it would happen every few seconds. Uninstalled the unofficial patch and haven't had a single problem.
My story exactly. I saw someone on here mentioning disabling the Unofficial Patch solved their freezing issues and it ended up working.

I think there's a bug in the new mod version somewhere, because it only started after it got updated.

SnoopyK

Jan 27, 2018
I was thinking of coming back but doing Survival mode instead. The only problem with that is since you can only save at beds doesnt that mean you have to do entire dungeons without dying.
They are many out in the world, the mattress on floors get 5 hours, the sleeping bags only 3, beds(not owned) full rest, but I was really surprised how many there are . I have a map where they all are, but only use it if I am far into a play and can't find a bed because I lost at least two hours on one run. That's also what stopped me from playing survival before.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
it does
or you kill an enemy and go back to the nearest mattress (which might not be near at all) for an hour nap. rinse, repeat.

its just fucking stupid and i hope they never add this to survival mode again or at least make it toggleable

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Have to agree about the bed situation in survival. I know they think it prevents save scumming, and makes players plan for encounters, but the thing about the wasteland is that it's unpredictable. Sometimes you just never know what you're going to run into or when you're gonna get jumped by 5 ghouls.

If you do explore the zones thoroughly, there are tons of beds and homes and sleeping bags littered around the world. That doesn't really help with dungeons though. Don't know if any of you guys are doing mod playthroughs, but what I finally did was download a mod that lets you place a sleeping bag anywhere as long as there's no danger. Using it saves the game like normal. It doesn't feel like cheating and is perfectly immersive since the backpack I'm wearing has a sleeping bag attached to it.

I do really enjoy survival though. I forgot how punishing it could be. Makes the game world and its mechanics pop a little more I think. It makes exploration and encounters just a little more tense.

SnoopyK

Jan 27, 2018
Also whoever doesn't know if your on Survival mode you can pick one hour to sleep but just back out as soon as it you select it will still save at any sleeping spot usually without any of the negative effects.

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
Start Me Up on nexus says it's not compatible with the currency update. I play with the UP just fine.

www.nexusmods.com

Start Me Up Redux - An Update for Alternate Start and Dialogue Overhaul.

A Continuation of the 'Start Me Up' - Alternate Start and Dialogues Overhaul. Bug Fixes, Additions, Patches and UFO4P Forward Compatibility.