Bio-Frost

Nov 6, 2017
Bend
Just checked and the disc icon actually only shows when you've already had the game installed on your PS5 at some point.

All the games I have on disc that I haven't played on PS5 yet show a lock icon instead while the digital ones don't.

If there isn't a lock either I don't know what could be wrong.
Having the same issue, i own it digitally and can dl the ps4 version but the GOTY, esition is theonly one with a ps5 version. I own the original with all dlc and i dont think its counting…

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Wait, what the hell, yesterday on the store I 'owned' Fallout 4, and now I don't?
I don't even have the base version any more? That's bullshit.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Just updated on PC and game crashed after 3 mins. Was in a fight and it just froze, got the scrolling circle and game stopped responding. Nice.

No mods.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I'm sorry, when do you decorate for halloween then? I'm in Canada so my Thanksgiving is in October, and my Halloween decorations are probably starting to go up around the start of the month
Halloween starts where I am at the end of August. People don't typically put up their decorations until the end of September though for their homes.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Bombs fell on Oct 23 2077, so shortly before Halloween, which I believe is why you see decorations here and there. Not that I've ever met anyone who decorated 8 days before Halloween.
Everybody I know and in my area decorates Oct 1st or so. So that is surprising. Outdoor lights and decorations.

Bunkem

Prophet of Truth
Aug 25, 2021
Glad more and more games are including 40fps modes. This thing is buttery smooth and super crisp on my C1

Everdred

Oct 27, 2017
Just updated on PC and game crashed after 3 mins. Was in a fight and it just froze, got the scrolling circle and game stopped responding. Nice.

No mods.
That's disappointing to hear. I dropped it on PC because it was constantly crashing, I was hoping this would resolve my issues.

EDIT: PC Xbox version, 4070 TI, i5-13600K

F4SE Team is working on an update. No ETA at this time. New

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
From the F4SE website:

The 2024-04-25 Fallout 4 update (1.10.980 and later) has broken F4SE and the rest of the native code modding scene similarly to Skyrim's "Anniversary Edition" patch. I am working on an update and cannot currently offer a timeline for its availability, nor whether there will be any critical technical issues that would block an update. Do not email with questions. Nexus thread.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
That's disappointing to hear. I dropped it on PC because it was constantly crashing, I was hoping this would resolve my issues.
Yeah and I've been playing for the last week or so and never had this happen. Hope it's just a one-off fluke.

edit: and now after restarting it literally just closed after a few mins again. No fighting this time. Wonder if I should just make a new save. Never used any mods, not sure what is going on.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
40fps mode Series x

GMBO4VvWoAAp-08

Bio-Frost

Nov 6, 2017
Bend
Holy shit this is fucked, i OWN fallout 4 but it actually charged me for the ps5 version when i went to put it in my cart thinking maybe it will tell ive already paid.. NOPE

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
i have gig speeds at home and this PS5 update is still going to take over an hour and a half to download lmao, never change sony

Pliskin

Jun 16, 2021
PC. Game is stuck in the greetings screen, doesn't let me press ok via m/kb or controller. Already restarted steam and nothing. Amazing.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Yeah and I've been playing for the last week or so and never had this happen. Hope it's just a one-off fluke.

edit: and now after restarting it literally just closed after a few mins again. No fighting this time. Wonder if I should just make a new save. Never used any mods, not sure what is going on.
PSA.

Okay so I just read on a Steam post that Weapon Debris might be the source of my issues. It wasn't checked before in Options and I didn't recognize it so I enabled it. Apparently this is still an issue. We'll see how it goes now turning this off.

edit: okay a good 20 mins with no issues, that was clearly the problem.

So KEEP WEAPON DEBRIS OFF!

Last edited:

Doctor Avatar

Jan 10, 2019
Well, Sony is the one that decided to have a convoluted upgrade system instead of allowing developers to simply push an automatic upgrade like any other platform. It's probably an oversight in this case but it's one that shouldn't have to exist.

It is also often a choice of the developers. Sony, or the system, cannot be blamed for developer choices if that is the case.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Just checked and the disc icon actually only shows when you've already had the game installed on your PS5 at some point.

All the games I have on disc that I haven't played on PS5 yet show a lock icon instead while the digital ones don't.

If there isn't a lock either I don't know what could be wrong.

Yeah, I would have played it on my PS4 and not the 5. No lock icon.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Going to wait and see if they do honour the PS+ version - just got Sand Land and will be grabbing Another Crab's Treasure so there is no rush for me to grab this via paying.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
How are mods on Series X? Holding up okay or totally borked?

Same question. Have game updates disabled on system level, won't update unless someone can confirm that the Quality mode can be unlocked to 60hz like before.

Otherwise, the One X version at 4K with 60hz PC equivalent settings mods seems like the best way to retain the game on console.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I got Fallout 4 a few days ago and my plan was to wait until I finish my current ME trilogy playthrough, but I don't think I'll be able to wait that long. The more I see people talking about Fallout the more I want to play it.

Mind you, I did play a couple of hours of Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but I have a feeling Fallout 4 will be a good entry point for me.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got Fallout 4 a few days ago and my plan was to wait until I finish my current ME trilogy playthrough, but I don't think I'll be able to wait that long. The more I see people talking about Fallout the more I want to play it.

Mind you, I did play a couple of hours of Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but I have a feeling Fallout 4 will be a good entry point for me.
It's the easiest to get into, no doubt.

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
How are mods on Series X? Holding up okay or totally borked?

Same question. Have game updates disabled on system level, won't update unless someone can confirm that the Quality mode can be unlocked to 60hz like before.

Otherwise, the One X version at 4K with 60hz PC equivalent settings mods seems like the best way to retain the game on console.

I don't have a way to confirm this myself at the moment but this update SHOULDN'T affect console mods the same way that it does PC mods. A lot of PC mods use the script extender which is something that console mods don't have access to for tech reasons

Dec 5, 2017
Was hoping I could copy the new CC content to my unpatched version of the game, but it just CTD's if you try to load them. Shame. Wonder if someone will release a plugin to allow them to load like what happened with Skyrim and the extended ESL space.

Squardles

Oct 17, 2023
The mod downloader on XBOX seems bugged right now. When you download a file it put you in negative bits so you cant download anymore than one. They are aware and trying to fix it.

Feb 16, 2022
As ever, Sony's store is making it confusing as shit when it comes to PS5 upgrades.

I own the game, for absolute sure. The question is whether I own it digitally or physically, which I actually can't remember. In my library the Fallout 4 thumbnail doesn't have the PS Plus symbol, implying I own it digitally for real. Oh, but the new PS4/5 app is charging me £15.99. So now I don't know if its a typical Sony store glitch, or if I didn't actually own the digital version and that it's the Plus version which isn't showing the Plus symbol in my library because I originally played it via a physical copy.

Oh, but I scroll down the app and see the Choose Edition section which lists Fallout 4 PS4 & PS5 which is tagged as "Purchased". When I press X on it it gives me an error saying "You already own this item".

So wtf Sony, WHICH IS IT HUH?

I'll try and see if I can find the physical copy if I have one, but jesus do Sony make this so much more confusing than it needs to be.
For games with multiple versions, you need to click on the icon once on your library to see all the available versions, including whether what you have is the Plus version or the physical version.

I've never personally had any problem upgrading/claiming free upgrades, whether it's digital or physical, unless it's certain cases where the publisher chose not to grant free upgrades to Plus versions of their games. It's really a simple process that just takes a few clicks.

Neuromancer

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
40fps may be the sweet spot for me. Someone tried to tell me once that 40fps is actually the mid point between 30fps and 60fps but that doesn't make sense to me, can someone explain as though I were a child?

edit: saw this on Reddit and now it makes sense

"Although 40 FPS are only 10 frames per second more than 30 FPS, they are right in the middle on the way to 60 FPS with their frametime of 25ms. That's even a bigger jump than between 60 and 120 FPS. Frametime by the way describes the ms needed to render/display a new frame."