Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Ugh. Do I finally attempt to play with achievements?

Or do I mod it again…

Also does the op mean 4K on Series S?! Surely not. But if so….ooooooo…

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Sorry if this has been asked but does this have separate achievement set on Xbox? Wondering so if I should start a vanilla run to earn them again or wait out for mods to update or whatever.

Squid Lord

Nov 28, 2017
For those who had been playing on XBX with mods on, did you notice all mods were uninstalled after the new update? Just wanted to make sure that's supposed to happen since I was planning on disabling them anyway for the new update.

Shadow Dancer

Prophet of Regret
Jul 22, 2019
I think visuals on Series S are sharper (60 fps mode) now comparing with old visuals + fps boost.

Grove

Apr 3, 2024
Sorriest excuse for 21:9 support, this is gross.

Fallout-4-Screenshot-2024-04-25-09-11-36-71.png
Seriously? We had half a decade worth of mods broken and Fallout London delayed for this? We'll be lucky if 75% of mods get fixed. I've always said that this should've been a separate branch/title entirely.
Ultrawide support was the only thing that made this update worthwhile for PC users.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Why in the world is this 15 gigs on PC? Did they overhaul a substantial amount of textures as well?

Dec 5, 2017
If you are on pc they likely didn't fix the weapon debris bug with nvidia cards. Make sure to turn off weapon debris in the launcher.
This is a tricky one to fix. The reason it doesn't work on RTX or newer cards is because Nvidia stopped supporting it. On GTX cards like 10xx series, it does work because those cards support the feature. So do you disable the feature entirely and remove it for those with older cards that do support the feature? Do you make a white list, and stop people from running it if future RTX cards support it again? Do you do a black list, but you would need to keep it updated? I think they should go with a white list or remove it entirely.

Gusy

Oct 27, 2017
Yup. They don't seem to have done any real graphical updates. Same lighting, same effects, and just ultra settings you'd have gotten on PC on launch.

I read that the performance mode is in standard settings which would be a bummer. Can anyone confirm de visual settings in performance mode on ps5?

Ripthorn

Jun 10, 2022
You don't need to. Just set the manifest file to read only.

View: https://youtu.be/ZczE_vVh01A?si=jOT9oZRMCqW6AQIh&t=87

I'm not sure what exactly this manifest trick is for. The update still appears on your Steam's download queue and if I want to start the game without updating, it needs to be in offline mode or through a third-party launcher. Wouldn't it be more practical just check the option to update only when starting the game?

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
So I bought Fallout 4 GOTY as a bundle with Skyrim Anniversary on PSN in 2022, but now it's showing that I only own the base game and not the GOTY edition (which seems to be the only PS5 version)?

NovaChrysalia

Dec 14, 2023
2 hours and no problems on the Steam version. Most of my mods are still working too. It's really good to get back into this game.

On the other hand, I hadn't remembered how ugly the faces were. The difference with Starfield is really glaring, and yet it's not one of Starfield's strong points either. A quick comparison :

1656888779-2797835-santiagosanchez.jpg

1656888235-ehq2op5bt9991.jpg

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
It's almost funny that the ultrawide support is literally just what was already there since 2015 if you manually changed the resolution in the INI files.

Drumbo

Nov 18, 2021
Chicago
Do steam cloud saves work? I'm not sure if I ever tried to use them before the update, but I've been playing on steam deck and the deck saves aren't showing up on my PC

Mr. Magic

Aug 8, 2020
Three back to back to back crashes. One before I even saw the main menu, one within seconds of loading an old save about 10 hours in, and one after a couple of minutes after loading into a save just after the intro. I took the hint and uninstalled.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Are there any good weapon durability mods for PS5? I know there's one for the Xbox, but I have the GOTY for PS4 and I'm curious.

Gusy

Oct 27, 2017
Some people are saying that to get Ultra settings on Ps5 performance mode you have to set ps5 output to 1440P on a system level. Can anyone confirm this? Cause that would be f..ing hilarious

Ripthorn

Jun 10, 2022
This is a tricky one to fix. The reason it doesn't work on RTX or newer cards is because Nvidia stopped supporting it. On GTX cards like 10xx series, it does work because those cards support the feature. So do you disable the feature entirely and remove it for those with older cards that do support the feature? Do you make a white list, and stop people from running it if future RTX cards support it again? Do you do a black list, but you would need to keep it updated? I think they should go with a white list or remove it entirely.
As far as I know, it has to do with the version of Nvidia's FleX SDK used by Bethesda. The SDK used in the game needs to be updated but obviously Bethesda didn't bother lol

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Played a quick half hour, the character models are a bit ropey but the outer world looks fantastic.

I'm on the X on a 120hz TV playing the 40fps mode, feels great just wish I could tweak the fov.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
No auto pop trophies? Wanted a free platinum ☹️. Not doing all that settlement shit again. Max happiness is just so finicky.

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any good weapon durability mods for PS5? I know there's one for the Xbox, but I have the GOTY for PS4 and I'm curious.

I don't think that kind of functionality is possible due to the restrictions that Sony placed on mods. They don't allow mods that utilize external assets to be downloaded. Did a cursory search and couldn't find anything.
https://mods.bethesda.net/en/fallout4

The weapon debris bug is still present. Disable "weapon debris" in the FO4 Launcher New

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Maybe there should be a threadmark, or note in the OP, about the weapon debris bug. If you are on pc with an Nvidia video card and are experiencing crashes, make sure to disable the "weapon debris" feature in the launcher.